hulika

Author Topic: Mulitiple Pedals - The Switches - How do they work?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline maxzboy

• Netizen Level
Mulitiple Pedals - The Switches - How do they work?
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
I've seen a few pedalboards with loads and loads of pedals w/c are practically impossible to
use live,  I know the solution to this problem (given that you actually have the need to use all the pedals at a gig) would be switches.  Im guessing they work like patches (please correct me if Im wrong), one switch turns on a set of effects the player needs. Another switch turns on another combination of pedals. But how do they actually work, how does one link the effects to the switches?

Thank you for calling Smint together w/ Pentel,
Why should I help you?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mulitiple Pedals - The Switches - How do they work?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »
its called a Line Selector (for one).  if im not mistaken, 3 sets of chains can be linked, one for clean, one for dirt and one for modulation i suppose, but thats entirely up to you.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
A/B,  A/B/Y, A/B/C or looper switches can be used to create multiple routes. my board uses a switched three-route chain so i just do my line selection by using two A/B switches.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »
was discussing with a friend kanina lang..

we were wondering..

switched on ba yung gadgets everytime and then you just pick a line for the signal to pass through? for example you have two paths: for clean and for OD. if you use the OD line, naka switch on pa rin ba yung nasa clean line path?

sorry noob.. pero di ko alam how an A/B box works eh.  :mrgreen:
bummer..

Offline noobie-doobie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
Router/switcher

maganda yung sa providence pec-2 8 loops (1 pedal each) tapos each loop pwede mo i-set up for each para gawing patch in any order etc. ex. patch 1 (loop1= ds1 + loop3=digidelay) patch 2 (loop8=digiverb + loop5= ts9) etc etc..

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 08:16:29 PM »

switched on ba yung gadgets everytime and then you just pick a line for the signal to pass through?

yes. but its your choice if you want to switch them off, but you dont have to.

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
okay.. ganun pala yun.. thanks for the info bro..  :mrgreen:
bummer..

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Follow up.....sino sir recommend nyo gumagawa ng line selectors improvised dito...hehehe :mrgreen:
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 06:27:21 PM »
its called a Line Selector (for one).  if im not mistaken, 3 sets of chains can be linked, one for clean, one for dirt and one for modulation i suppose, but thats entirely up to you.

Yeah, and they can even go beyond 3. Just check out the Pete Cornish's or the Bradshaw switching system. I believe dave Gilmour uses a board made for him by the former.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »

Yeah, and they can even go beyond 3. Just check out the Pete Cornish's or the Bradshaw switching system. I believe dave Gilmour uses a board made for him by the former.

or skydstrup. tama ba? big fan ako ni JP eh
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »
calling turi!  :-D