hulika

Author Topic: Distractions - What do you about them?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Distractions - What do you about them?
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »
Hi guys,

Search function not working. So, I beg your forgiveness if there is a similar thread.

I haven't touched any of my guitars in over a month! It all started when my son asked to try this game called World of Warcraft. Man, is this game addicting! My son uses the computer most of the time because it is summer. After classes start, he will be limited to weekends only.

I only play about 1 hour a day but that has cut into my guitar time significantly. A couple of times, I would play 2 to 3 hours trying to level up, get cool stuff and play with other players all over the world.

If you guys treasure your sanity, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

For those who are already crazy, you can find me as an Undead Warrior in the Velen Realm (US West Coast server). My character name is Telecaster and I am in the process of making a guild called "The Fender Club".  If you guys can suggest a cooler name that express our love for the six-string, send me mail and I will sign you up to the guild as long as you are part of the Horde group.

So guys, I need your help to get me back to running my fingers up and down the fretboard.  :-D
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Distractions - What do you about them?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »
cant's relate...hangang Quake 2 lang ako

god mode
god mode
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »
I used to be very much into a game series called Pacific Fighters. It belongs to the IL-2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles series by Maddox Games. It's some sort of a combat flight sim where our group did dogfights online over at HyperLobby. It was pretty intense. The graphix was amazing. I had to buy a lot of gaming peripherals like HOTAS stick and throttle, gaming headset and mic, trackIR so that I can pan around the cockpit with just the movement of my head.
Anyway, I've grown tired of it after 4 years of playing. Sold all the peripherals and used the money to buy pedals. I made a lot of friends while I was into that game tho. One actually worked with Scaled Composites, the company tht won the X Prize for putting the first civilian rocket in to a short space flight. Also the one that designed and made Richard Branson's Virgin Flier. A group of my online squadron buddies were given the tour so we've seen it even before it was shown to the public. They're still pretty solid up to now, but I quit the group since.
Pretty exciting, the world of online gaming. But it really sidetracked me from things that were more important. And now I'm trying to catch up again.

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »
how could i not relate?

the same thing happened when i acquired my pc. haha! i was stuck playing gta and age of mythology i wasnt able to continue daily routines with my guitar for about two months.

i deterioted, my meter sucked and my left hand losed its dexterity.
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Alchemist0725

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
lend your gear to your istambay-sunog-baga neighbor, tignan ko lang 'pag hindi kyo nangamba sa precious guitar nyo...  :-D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:06:07 AM by Alchemist0725 »
Who you?

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »
i had this idea dati na parang sa guild there would be 6 top members/officers.....E string, A string, D string, B string, high E string, tapos ung pinaka boss ng guild G string hahahah per medyo naisip ko na [avocado] to......kaya di na tinuloy....

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »
World of Warcraft lang ba? Or yung DOTA ba yan? :-)

Ako kahit luma na yung Generals.. I still can't get over the game. I just love strategy war-oriented games.
Kasama na dyan yung LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth..

I don't think I'd consider online games (or any other hobby) as a distraction from guitar. Basta gusto ko yung ginagawa ko, walang distraction sakin. :lol:
Tanda ko dati, halos di ko na mahawakan yung gitara ko dahil sa 'paintball high' ko after playing paintball one weekend. Nilabas ko yung 'high' na yun sa Quantum sa SM. Let's just say na tinapos ko yung ibang game dun. :lol:
(Malayo ang Antipolo eh.)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »
haha its my first time to read about an actual DAD getting crazy over DOTA LOL :-D