hulika

Author Topic: HAEDPHONES: what is you color prefference??  (Read 1264 times)

Offline senti

HAEDPHONES: what is you color prefference??
« on: May 19, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »

I went to Makati yesterday looking for a new set of headphones.  I was faced with 3 color choices, the standard BLACK, the "Techie" SILVER and the oh so "iPodish" WHITE...  it took a bit of thinking but I went for the SILVER.

I chose SILVER since I felt it was more cool for DJ gigs.

what would you have chosen?  would your choice depend on the music you play or the application you will use it on??

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: HAEDPHONES: what is you color prefference??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
Headphones are headphones. But my Sennheiser HD280 and AKG K240S are both in studio standard black.  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »

I went to Makati yesterday looking for a new set of headphones.  I was faced with 3 color choices, the standard BLACK, the "Techie" SILVER and the oh so "iPodish" WHITE...  it took a bit of thinking but I went for the SILVER.

I chose SILVER since I felt it was more cool for DJ gigs.

what would you have chosen?  would your choice depend on the music you play or the application you will use it on??

Gold or Platinum. If you have diamonds on them - even better. To make me feel motivated in the studio, I need to have bling on my fingers AND on my head.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline nichteque

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »
try a combination of pink and black. then cry while tracking. ü

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »
I would like to think that sound reproduction and ear comfort would be the FIRST AND FOREMOST things to consider whenever you purchase headphones.  But since you asked me about my color preference....

I'd choose blue.  Halikinu!!!

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
Yun na!

When i saw the title of this thread, i was somehow thinking of "headphone color preference" as whether you preferred those with a flat response or those with extended bass, or even those with extended bass and treble (terrible when it comes to headphone bleeds).

Well, i vote black. and +10000000000 on BLUE.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
How about cans that change color according to your mood? Mood rings anyone?   :lol:

Deep maroon is nice... anyone with cans made out of wood?  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
ITIM o GOLD>
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
How about cans that change color according to your mood? Mood rings anyone?   :lol:

Deep maroon is nice... anyone with cans made out of wood?  :-D

i saw some grado cans with wood trimmings on 'em. i have no doubt they sound nice but, man, they are quite pricey.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!