hulika

Author Topic: WHy do people like American strats and pay for it?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: WHy do people like American strats and pay for it?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »
BTW, i used to think MIJs are better than MIAs.....

but i realize sour graping lang yun. my MIJ is very much different than my MIA....not better, different lang.i'm fortunate to have been able to buy a MIA though. i don't think it's a bad buy. worth every penny.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »
I'd suggest to the threadstarter to try taking an MIA Strat for a spin, before making an opinion of the matter. I personally compared an MIJ, an MIM and an MIA before i decided to get the MIA.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
I've been looking through some Am strats for sale and it brought up my old thought which is that american strats play almost or entirely the same with japs or mex strats. I also do not like how they took away the original gold spaghetti logo, kluson tuners and some great vintage vibe... Maybe I'm a vintage freak but I cant still believe why people love american strats so much for maybe a little difference and pay thrice the price of a fender mij or mexican.

if you won a guitar giveaway contest, and they made you choose between a MIA strat and a MIM/MIJ strat... what would you choose?
good point. i'd choose the MIA too. then sell it right away and get 2 MIJ teles for the money.

ha ha ha... pilosopo ka rin pala...  :-D

hehehe makes sense pero resale nga naman ng MIA ang matindi.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
kung papipiliin ako between MIA and MIJ, baka MIJ piliin ko. The Japanese are known for their presicion craftmanship and attention to detail. sa kahoy, baka patas lang kasi pareho rin ng quality eh. For example, some people consider Japanese Alder to be the best timber for tone and resonance. Yung quality naman ng maple ay mataas pag galing North America.

based sa experience ko, i'd still go for MIJ. i own a tele na MIA, pero hanggang ngayon ay hinahanap ko pa rin yung tone nung MIJ na pinaayos sa guitarfix dati na natugtog ko. ive tried yeah2's MIJ tele too and it has the same exact tone that struck me.

I've upgraded my MIA to brass saddles na and put jazz flatwounds sa tele ko pero di ko pa rin mahanap yung round and dark (but clear) na tone na nahanap ko dun sa MIJ na tele. yung twang pareho lang eh, pero yung mellow na tone ng neck PU di ko talaga mahanap sa MIA tele ko ngayon. just now i bought a neck pickup kit from stew-mac and ipapa-wind ko. we're still hunting for that MIJ tone.

well pag tinanong siguro ako kung gusto ko i-swap yung MIA ko for an MIJ, ill answer, "ummmmmmmm......... kasi.......... ano eh....." :-D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 05:54:23 PM by kawal »
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
USA made Fender is the popular choice for the reason that Fender originated in the States. Like people will choose a Japan made Boss pedal over one made in Taiwan. Or a  German manufactured BMW over ones assembled by American  General Motors. It's a sensible mindset.

But being a non-conformist, I digress from popular choices. I prefer MIJ's because, I don't know, it's different? Cult status, perhaps? Also, I like the feel of the neck better. My only gripe is the inferior electronics, which is easily replaceable anyway.  At some respect I disagree with the resale issue. I bought a used MIJ Tele for $530. Sold it after a year for $600. Somebody is offering me $750 for my 72 Telecaster Custom. That's way more than what I've actually paid for. The MIJ 52 Tele Reissue sells for around $1000 to $1200 in England.

On the other hand, I'd prefer a Gibson over any Japanese copy Les Paul.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:24:33 AM by Bart »

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 12:40:17 AM »
USA made Fender is the popular choice for the reason that Fender originated in the States

ayan lang sagot diyan eh hehehe x

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 10:23:06 AM »
can afford nila eh .... maski yung $8 per hour(minimum)(casheir) lang yung sweldo..... eh paano pa kaya yung may profesion

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
not that i'm rearing to buy one, but i still believe that wood selection is still better for MIA's. there's more assurance that there are under 5 laminates of american alder under the finish for MIA Fenders. i can't say the same for MIM's and MIJ's.

nicosci's whole modern vs vintage design thing is moot since there is the MIA Classic series.

+ :-)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
be happy what you play na lang....

kung MIA or MIJ man ang gamit mo....kung kulelat kang tumugtog, you will never get the value for your money.

sometimes a cheap decent guitar and practicing 10 hrs a day can take you far.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »
USA made Fender is the popular choice for the reason that Fender originated in the States. Like people will choose a Japan made Boss pedal over one made in Taiwan. Or a  German manufactured BMW over ones assembled by American  General Motors. It's a sensible mindset.

exacto!  ano piliin mo, MIP balisong or MIA balisong?  dun na ako sa orig (not implying that MIM, MIJ are not originals). 

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
im a mij user..i love my mij strat(kasi rin, dis is my one and only), but i tried the mia american series of my frend, iba xa..pati feel...if given the chance...still, want a mia strat, pero di ko ipagpapalit ang mij..it somehow connected to me..
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."