hulika

Author Topic: anyone who has tried the samson c01u usb mic?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline pressedratwarthog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
anyone who has tried the samson c01u usb mic?
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1810&brandID=2

i already own an sm57 (my only mic) and if ever i get the samson c01u, may significant use ba sya (the samson)? i'm thinking na baka kaya na rin i-handle ng sm57 eh.

actually, i am somewhat being forced by a friend to buy this from him - "bundled" with other stuff  (which is what i'm really after).  but if magkakaroon din sya ng considerable use sakin, ok na rin.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anyone who has tried the samson c01u usb mic?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 01:41:40 AM »
kung home recording lang din....

for me its ok lang...

pero if you're really into serious recording stuffs... forget it
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »
For people like me who record on the go, something like the CO1U could be useful.

If you can dispose it for a song to me ( round 1.5k) I'll take it from your hands and you won't need to worry about it :D .
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 02:27:32 AM »
The C01u is one of the first, if not THE first usb mic which has one rather serious shortcoming for studio recording. Due to the nature of the usb protocol, you cannot monitor it's output unless you turn on software monitoring in your DAW, by which time it becomes subject to processing input and output latency. It still makes a great portable mic, though. Podcasts anyone?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bananagrahamskyflakes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:11:43 AM »
ako po yun ang gamit primarily sa pagrecord ng vocals and occasionally para sa acoustic guitar and percs. ok naman po sya kung walang budget like me, kasi di mo na kailangan preaamp,mixer... saksak mo lang tapos yun na. Kaso tulad nga ng sabi nila, wala monitoring(software lang), saka medyo ma hiss(ewan ko kung kagagawan nya yun or mahiss ang boses ko =)). Pero yun nga, in terms of less hassle(just plug it in via usb) saka budget, ok na sya. Goes well with my g2.1u (IMO, another usb,budget setup for recording guitars).

BTW, contrary to what their site says that you cud plug use it without their proprietary software, I strongly recommend that you still install the companion software (Softpre) and drivers from their site, otherwise, medyo mahina ang pickup nya.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »
interesting, this seems like a perfect tool for field recording, for sound design stuff.  curious if it can work in stereo with two usb mics, maybe if you can have two running at the same time.

wish they made a shotgun version of the usb mic though.

:-) :-) :-)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 12:29:07 PM by x_taxi »
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline killswitch

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »

wish they made a shotgun version of the usb mic though.
 :-) :-) :-)
nabangit na rin ang USB mics eto pa
meron din RODE na ganito at my headphone out dun sa mic case mismo

Offline pressedratwarthog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
thanks for your feedbacks.  i guess i might just take the risk of buying it. anyway, sir bamf and those in the in the classifieds section will be around in case it won't suit my needs.  :-D