hulika

Author Topic: BEST WAH  (Read 8131 times)

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BEST WAH
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
kumusta yung built-in distortion ng Slash Wah?
high gain to tsong ska ang distortion circuit nya is placed in front of the wah, which brings more vocal like sweep than placing a wah before a distortion box..un ngalang with the distortion ON, the volume drops at full heel position...as a remedy, i put in a peice of carton sa heel just enough para d mag full heel and mag drop ung volume...lastly the distortion can be turned on only of the wah is on

Sir lovecore check mo sound clips sa musiciansfreind.com or wait until libertad is released on july 3. sa contraband gamit nya ung custom rack wah na dunlop

trem3 - the built in distortion is okay but i still prefer to get my OD/ dist tones from my SD2, but its quite decent enough

alright salamat mga bros!
Click Here

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
@trem3 - sir hows the tremonti wah?
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 01:28:56 PM »
for those people who've tried or heard the V848 and other wahs...

if you give a score of 10/10 to the best wah, where would you place the V848?  i'm also keeping an eye out for a good wah but i really like the TBP and 9v adapter features on the 848.

jack - ano pang wah ang wah+vol pedal?

like Dodjie, i'd say the V848 is around 8.5/10 in terms of tone. i didn't like the eardrum-popping highs at the toe-down rocker position (and i also got a mouthful from my band) so what the others recommended me to do was to adjust the low and high limits of the potentiometer in relation to the gear connected to the rocker. it solved my problem but i think there are other mods that can be done to it to give off a better wah sound. ask titser_marco, he was the one who gave me some tips on adjusting the V848.

it's a good wah but i had to sell it because i already have a Teese RMC3 wah as well :)

medyo artificial ang tunog nun for me e.. too balanced yung sweep kung baga. it might be because of the optical component that replaced the potentiometer. i'd rather use a Cry Baby Classic or 535Q :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »

I tried using it with clean drive... no dice, pang-distortion lang effective dahil ng built-in overdrive. Kept me thinking that this is not the same wah Tremonti uses in his live gigs... ang iba talaga ng tunog ng ginagamit nya sa marketed na "Mark Tremonti Wah"... but still a good sounding wah at least for myself, kinda modernized wah if you will. Medyo hindi ganun ka-wide ang sweep but that's fine with me.

Between a Cry Baby, I may have to choose the Morley... for me hindi mag-cut through ang Cry Baby with high-gain distortions... it just can't (or talagang tone deaf ako? hehe).

that's why I'm intrigued with the Slash Wah, built-in distortion and some... hindi lang optical operated and switchless, baka mamroblema din ako sa pots but what the hey I need great sounding wah and not just good sounding.

so my overall score for the Morley Tremonti Wah is 8.5/10... great features, built-in overdrive is effective with high-gain settings, not that "malagkit" but a good sounding wah and it serves me well.

I'd like to post samples but maybe next time, once naayos ko na mga kalat ko dito...

thanks.
Click Here

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »

I tried using it with clean drive... no dice, pang-distortion lang effective dahil ng built-in overdrive. Kept me thinking that this is not the same wah Tremonti uses in his live gigs... ang iba talaga ng tunog ng ginagamit nya sa marketed na "Mark Tremonti Wah"... but still a good sounding wah at least for myself, kinda modernized wah if you will. Medyo hindi ganun ka-wide ang sweep but that's fine with me.

Between a Cry Baby, I may have to choose the Morley... for me hindi mag-cut through ang Cry Baby with high-gain distortions... it just can't (or talagang tone deaf ako? hehe).

that's why I'm intrigued with the Slash Wah, built-in distortion and some... hindi lang optical operated and switchless, baka mamroblema din ako sa pots but what the hey I need great sounding wah and not just good sounding.

so my overall score for the Morley Tremonti Wah is 8.5/10... great features, built-in overdrive is effective with high-gain settings, not that "malagkit" but a good sounding wah and it serves me well.

I'd like to post samples but maybe next time, once naayos ko na mga kalat ko dito...

thanks.

thanks sir trem. asalamalaikum. lol
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »

hey, joric!  unfortunately, i don't know of any other wah+volume pedal.  (several years back there was one called a "wah-lume" by rolls or rfx)  even the bud-wah+ has been discontinued.

Chito

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 11:20:42 PM »
for those people who've tried or heard the V848 and other wahs...

if you give a score of 10/10 to the best wah, where would you place the V848?  i'm also keeping an eye out for a good wah but i really like the TBP and 9v adapter features on the 848.

For classic sounds, if a real vintage Clyde McCoy is a 10/10, the V848 is around 8.5/10.  It can get very ice-picky with Strats.  The Fasel is great but it can't par with a Halo.  To be honest, I'd like a Thomas Organ with a stack of dimes inductor over it, basta TBP and naka Fulltone or Hot Potz II pot.

I also have the V848 and I have the same issues as Skunky, it gets ice-picky with single coils when you have the toe all the way down. So I'd give it a 8.5 too. I also have a GCB95 modded with an Eleca Halo, Hot Potz II, 3dpt switch and have been converted to true-bypass, and this is the one I'm using. The sweep is excellent and works well either playing clean or heavily overdriven.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2007, 12:51:39 AM »
sir poundcake, how do u find the rmc? I've read it's one, if not the best, out there talaga...

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2007, 01:02:46 AM »
tama bro, get what you desire the most  :-D . . ..magaganda ang reviews nila sa fulltone

Ang sa akin ay yung vox847 mo bro against sa Boss PW wah . . .. .pangarap na magkaroon ng vox. . .ala-hendrix ..hehehe. .  .bale imo-modify ko na lang into true-bypass at i-eenhance na lang yung cirkito. .. :-D

kontento na ako sa VOX. .. .benta ko na lang yung Boss wah. . .hehehe .. . .. .nothing beats the original :wink:

thanks bro! glad you liked the wah. namimiss ko na nga eh hehehe

:-D

Offline silmarillion09

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2007, 04:30:31 AM »
i till vote for the gcb95, pero dapat yung 80s version or the pre dunlop crybaby. kahit palitan mo ng pots, ang sweet pa rin ng tunog. yung sweep nya very limited pa rin, pero that's the funk sound baby. yung mga bago ngayon na may CE na sa ilalim ang talim na ng tunog.

my old crybaby sound a bit more like the old vox clyde mccoys.. don't know why, o baka ako lang...

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2007, 02:48:13 AM »
classics are sure to have their place in all of our hearts (cheesy!) but for someone who may be looking at getting a brand new wah, what are the "curren" bests do you think? coz the only ones I know on the top list are fulltone clyde and the RMC then budda follows...

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
magandang wah cguro un crybaby n original o un whammy pedal ng digitech pero i'm using an old school boss foot wah depend stimpla yan o s apak.
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »
Well, I'd suggest to try out different models if you can. iba talaga pagna AB mo sila eh.

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
yup, tama bro  :-D

kunumpara ko din yung vox847 sa Boss pw wah yung tunog. . .. .

Boss PW wah (vox setting): payat, walang sigla yung tunog kahit i-adjust yung wah range pero true bypass naman.
VOX847: ang taba ng wah at sweet yung tunog pero tone sucking sya nung kinabitan na ng big muff. . ..mo-modify na lang into true bypass at lalagyan din ng output buffer para ma-solve yung problem :-D

over-all: mas gusto ko yung vox wah in terms sa tunog kumpara sa versatility ng Boss wah   :lol:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
sir poundcake, how do u find the rmc? I've read it's one, if not the best, out there talaga...

well, let's just say that i don't need to look for another wah anymore :)

the sweep is great and you can adjust the Low, Mid, Q, Volume and Sweep response (via nine DIP switches). you can fine tune your sweep response via those DIP switches, allowing the RMC3 to respond like practically any kind of wah :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »
Thanks, sir!!!

RMC it is!!!!!

order na 'to! hahaha  :-D

Offline hoihose

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »
mga bossing!!!

anyone here who has tried the morley power wah? whats your take on this?

thanks.

cheers!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
\"startin over again more or less in your pursuit of happiness\"-NUNO BETTENCOURT