hulika

Author Topic: Brush stick question  (Read 1087 times)

Offline gerr4

Brush stick question
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »
mga sir ok ba ang regal tip na steel brush sticks? medyo pricey kasi yung zildjian...

and ano po pinagkaiba ng steel sa nylon?

and ano po magandang gamitin for khon and for acoustic kits..

thanks!
Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline JDennis

Re: Brush stick question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
I just got me a Regal Brush Stick (fine steel)  from Lazer and it looks and feels okay. I really can't see much difference between it and the Zildijian Pro brush. Pero I got it for P1,120 and I think the Zildjian only cost a little more over it. Regal is US made too so the quality should not be too far from a Zildjian brush. I haven't tried the nylon brush kind cause I only play and use it for Jazz and as I can remember it, the nylon brush which has thicker strands has fatter sound the the fine steel brush. Check out their website at www.regaltip.com.

Hope this helps.  :mrgreen:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:08 AM »
Hi! Sa Lyric may mga high-end models tulad ng Vic Firth Steve Gadd bent bristle brush, at meron din mga affordable brands tulad ng Stikz, na nagkakahalaga lang ng P620.  :-)

Offline JDennis

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »
HI.Gep. I went to Lyric SM North and asked about their brushes there and they showed me an unbranded one which costs P620 but that's per piece. I was surprised to know they sell it per piece and it was quite expensive for a generic kind. They didn't have Vic Firth which I was actually aiming to buy. JB Music didn't have any brush sticks in stock so I ended up buying Regal Tip at Lazer instead.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
Oh no.
Sorry sir, na-misinform lang po kayo ng branch namin, but that's P620 per pair. :)

Offline otepandrew

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:30 AM »
pano po gamitin ung brush na stick na un??
biginner drummer