hulika

Author Topic: Leting go and finding a new one!!!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
Leting go and finding a new one!!!
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »
The search of the perfect dirt pedal is a long and tough journey with a few bumps along the way. Lets say you have found your perfect firt pedal be it a single pedal a combination of 2 or more pedals but of course not all pedals are in production for forever and that brings a sort of dillema. Im in a situation where in i found "THE" dirt pedal and my worry now is, how do I keep "THE SOUND" that i get from "THE" pedal in case the pedal starts malfuncitoning. Ok at this point im really trying have duplicates of what i currently have just to make sure that im gonna have the same sound for the next couple of years.

How about you guys, was there ever a time where in you have your main pedal a rest and searched for a new pedal maybe not as good as the old one but somehow able to emulate or give you the confidence that you once have with the old pedal.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: Leting go and finding a new one!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
to make sure that you'll have the same sound a couple of years from now, take care of your pedals :) in case they get lost or something, just buy replacements. but i'd like to stress out that you should know all your equipment (not just pedals, but also guitars, amps, etc.) and how they work. say if your distortion pedal is a modded one, make sure that you know which parts have been replaced so that you'll be able to get a tone that's close to the original in case your current one breaks down. that way, you'll have more affinity to your gear and you'll be able to express yourself more naturally.

but to be honest, this isn't applicable to me. i'll be truthful enough to admit that my sound always evolves that's why i always try out new stuff. i do have my mainstay gear but my rig as a whole isn't exactly the same all the time :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:47:06 PM »
Just get 2 if its that important to you. Its not such a big deal ... or you can get something similar. But dont worry about losing the sound.. coz there will always be something else to replace it with. Searching for the right pedal is half the fun and we all know that even if you say youve found your sound... something will always come around that will be just as fun to play. :D

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 03:49:30 PM »
Just get 2 if its that important to you. Its not such a big deal ... or you can get something similar. But dont worry about losing the sound.. coz there will always be something else to replace it with. Searching for the right pedal is half the fun and we all know that even if you say youve found your sound... something will always come around that will be just as fun to play. :D

argh i was trying to stay away form that thought. hahaha. yeah im actually considering getting 2 of what i have now.
GAS Free 2007

Offline IncX

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »

i think this applies to amps more, rather than pedals.

i noticed, they tend to change some things in amps while still calling them by the same name... as for pedals ... i guess i'll only be worried when:

1.) my fave pedal is modded with parts made by bankrupt companies
2.) my pedal manufacturer is in danger of being bankrupt
3.) my fave pedal isn't popular and is in danger of being replaced with a digital model or well.. just plain replaced.
4.) my fave pedal doesnt sound like any of its brothers.

if i have a pedal like that... man, that would be a nightmare... but then again, i am very easy to please. a trip to a botique pedal shop and i'll be happy again :)

Chito

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
Actually pedals last quite a while. Specially the ones made by Boss.  I used a Boss DF-2 as my main dirt pedal for at least 10 years before these boutique pedals started coming out. It was the only DS-1 type pedal that I liked. Even better than my MIJ DS-1. There was something about that pedal, I thought it worked really well with my amp (Fender The Twin) then. But even with that I wasn't concerned that I'm not going to be able to find something to replace it. Last year, I found one that I replaced it with, which is the Tonebone Classic.

And like most have said, at some point in time there would be other pedals that you would probably like better than what you already have. I wouldn't be concerned about losing the pedal specially if its just for the next couple of years. I'd rather spend the money on buying other gear rather than having 2 of each ones that I am concerned about losing.

My 2 cents.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »
nothing lasts for ever, even if it's worth a lot of dough. just take care of your pedals and yes, buy another one just to make sure

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »
Sorry vaisteen, pero I have to say this. Akala ko tungkol sa babae nung una. :lol:

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
Sorry vaisteen, pero I have to say this. Akala ko tungkol sa babae nung una. :lol:

ako rin e. akala ko nung una naligaw ako ng forums. peace! hehehehehe! :lol:
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline haringulan

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
with the eating habits and rock and roll lifestyle some dudes live, id be more concerned about the pedals outliving the owners.
hehehe...

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
with the eating habits and rock and roll lifestyle some dudes live, id be more concerned about the pedals outliving the owners.
hehehe...

haha. im  a healthy lad naman eh. oh well. i was just thinking too far off. spell paranoia. lol
GAS Free 2007