hulika

Author Topic: Quick Question: Switch and pot replacement for GCB 95  (Read 1325 times)

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
Quick Question: Switch and pot replacement for GCB 95
« on: July 12, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
Ill be acquiring a wah pedal next month. Being the paranoid that I am I want to purchase an extra pot and switch for it. Whats the best replacement parts for it.

thanks
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline christer

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Quick Question: Switch and pot replacement for GCB 95
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »
Dunlop ECB24 - Crybaby HOTPOTZ 100k (w/gear)
Dunlop ECB 24b - HOTPOTZ 2
Dunlop ECB 69 - Crybaby On/Off switch

Alam ko po sir, matagal naman mag wear out ang pots, just as long as theres not too much dirt and grime that gets into the housing. The dunlop switches are reliable as well.

Im sure nabasa po ninyo ang mga reviews ng GCB 95 sa harmony central or elswhere kaya nyo po naisipan bumili ng switches and pots. Or maybe im just assuming. Kasi ganun din po nangyari sa akin, I was about to buy my GCB95, and nag hesitate ako dahil sa reviews. Wag po kayon maniwala dun! It all boils down to how you take care of your gear, In my opinion, or probably my assumption, inaabuso naman nila gear nila. Baka pag nag sstomp sila, STOMP talaga, thats why they complain of failing swithces and the likes. hehe
Spread the Sound of the South!!!
facebook.com/christerisulat
XTR on Sound Cloud

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »
Dunlop ECB24 - Crybaby HOTPOTZ 100k (w/gear)
Dunlop ECB 24b - HOTPOTZ 2
Dunlop ECB 69 - Crybaby On/Off switch

Alam ko po sir, matagal naman mag wear out ang pots, just as long as theres not too much dirt and grime that gets into the housing. The dunlop switches are reliable as well.

Im sure nabasa po ninyo ang mga reviews ng GCB 95 sa harmony central or elswhere kaya nyo po naisipan bumili ng switches and pots. Or maybe im just assuming. Kasi ganun din po nangyari sa akin, I was about to buy my GCB95, and nag hesitate ako dahil sa reviews. Wag po kayon maniwala dun! It all boils down to how you take care of your gear, In my opinion, or probably my assumption, inaabuso naman nila gear nila. Baka pag nag sstomp sila, STOMP talaga, thats why they complain of failing swithces and the likes. hehe

uy thanks sa reply sir christer. well i havent really read any reviews about it all i know it eventually it will wear out. like i said im paranoid when it comes to my gears. wehehh. gusto ko lang malaman and bumili ng extra just incase. yeah im pretty sure it will last a long time. paranoid lang ako. wehehe. thanks sir. mind guiding me through www.epektos.com which one will suite gcb 95?
GAS Free 2007

Offline christer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
For the switch, this would be suitable: http://www.epektos.com/product/24817975-260c-4052-9236-d27e2d14c4ae.aspx
Sa potz, i am really unsure because the GCB 95 uses 100k potz, the fulltone wah pot: http://www.epektos.com/product/6d3037f3-54f1-49d8-9e56-c786a93659e3.aspx would be the best replacement, although the specs are not indicated in the site. hope this helps!
Spread the Sound of the South!!!
facebook.com/christerisulat
XTR on Sound Cloud

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »
For the switch, this would be suitable: http://www.epektos.com/product/24817975-260c-4052-9236-d27e2d14c4ae.aspx
Sa potz, i am really unsure because the GCB 95 uses 100k potz, the fulltone wah pot: http://www.epektos.com/product/6d3037f3-54f1-49d8-9e56-c786a93659e3.aspx would be the best replacement, although the specs are not indicated in the site. hope this helps!

thanks man i really appreciate it. ill lock the thread now. thansk talga man.
GAS Free 2007