hulika

Author Topic: GoPro Headstock Cam  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
GoPro Headstock Cam
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:59:21 PM »
I'm curious if a lot of GoPro owners here in GC actually use their action cams as headstock cameras. I dont see a lot of pictures of headstocks with action cam mounts so I thought I'd create a thread about this. Please share your experiences and thoughts. Pics and vids would be awesome too!

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: GoPro Headstock Cam
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »
I'll try it with my sj4000.  :-D
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
i should do that with the 2nd gen (read: the suckier version) of the CDR king action cam.  :-o
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:21:27 AM »
Get a clamp attachment instead of the sticky mount. Mine is a Hero so it's even more Jurassic.

Offline kamoteflip

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »
I'll try it with my sj4000.  :-D

I'm about to get mine (hopefully today) in the mail from Lazada, is it any good?
I'm planning on doing exactly this for my rigs haha
h

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »
I'm about to get mine (hopefully today) in the mail from Lazada, is it any good?

if it's the original, it's very good!
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »
I shot this video with a GoPro Hero 4 Silver at 720p 60FPS mounted on a lazy pod.

The sound is less muffled having the GoPro naked on a lazy pod than inside a shock-proof case but it is still far from transparent. I hear a lot of high-freq attenuation which is sad. I wonder if the other action cam brands record audio better.

Any experience on this guys?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
I shot this video with a GoPro Hero 4 Silver at 720p 60FPS mounted on a lazy pod.

The sound is less muffled having the GoPro naked on a lazy pod than inside a shock-proof case but it is still far from transparent. I hear a lot of high-freq attenuation which is sad. I wonder if the other action cam brands record audio better.

Any experience on this guys?

don't use the standard/skeleton housing if you're using the audio direct from the gopro/sj4000 cam. use the plastic frame for "better" audio quality
doh!!!

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »

as what sonic said...it is a good gadget. but just be wary if it is the "orig" sj4000 as you will be buying from lazada. do a bit of a research first.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
don't use the standard/skeleton housing if you're using the audio direct from the gopro/sj4000 cam. use the plastic frame for "better" audio quality

I agree. The sound gets really muffled when using the shock-proof case even with the open-back housing door (for the touch screen).

I shot this video though without a case at all and the camera was just being held by a lazy pod but I still find a lot of top end was lost. I guess I'd have to record the sound separately and just edit it in.

For live use though I find that the audio doesnt clip even with loud stage volumes because of the dampening effect of the shock-proof case. Gosh, you just made me GAS for an open frame bwahaha!
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »
I agree. The sound gets really muffled when using the shock-proof case even with the open-back housing door (for the touch screen).

I shot this video though without a case at all and the camera was just being held by a lazy pod but I still find a lot of top end was lost. I guess I'd have to record the sound separately and just edit it in.

For live use though I find that the audio doesnt clip even with loud stage volumes because of the dampening effect of the shock-proof case. Gosh, you just made me GAS for an open frame bwahaha!

bili ka na lang ng Xiaomi Yi camera. mukhang mas maganda yung audio quality. besides, you don't need a frame since meron na syang tripod screw mount na built in

doh!!!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »
bili ka na lang ng Xiaomi Yi camera. mukhang mas maganda yung audio quality. besides, you don't need a frame since meron na syang tripod screw mount na built in

Ganda nung neon green version nito sir! I heard 2k plus lang ang price nya tama ba sir?
#DigitalHiyaw