hulika

Author Topic: Lazer Cymbals?  (Read 5046 times)

Offline jajacool22

Re: Lazer Cymbals?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »
FYI

Solar by Sabian is Made in Canada
Planet Z by Zildjian is Made in USA

Let me get things straight.

You can't use Solar for gigs and that's for sure. They don't project or Give so you'll have the tendency to hit it so hard until they break in less than a time.
That's same w/ Planet Z.

9k for a box set? I don't think Stagg has 4 piece boxed set under that range.
But i think you can buy 16" SH crash and 14" SH hats w/ 9k but not w/ a ride.

About sa Lazer Cymbals.
Okay i once visited Lazer and saw "NEW" cymbal sets. I'm not talkng about their "stock" cymbals. I guess it's the same w/ RJ cymbals. It's the one who has a "kaleidoscope" like finish. I tried them and i think they're good for the price. Well after months, the Lazer Cymbals have different Logo na. WUHAN na but i think they're the same cymbals.

So my opinion is, try to look first sa Classifieds. I once sold my zbt set in mint condition at 9k. If you get lucky you can buy lower than mine but that's one in a lifetime. Hehehe

If you're not lucky enough eh try the Staggs at ala carte . You'll save money.  Or bring someone w you who really knows about the instrument and go try the Lazers.

Sorry haba na! :mrgreen:

Many thanks Sir... Ang gusto ko talaga ung 4 piece boxed set ng Meinl. Sir, ano masasabi niyo about sa Meinl MB10 series at HCS series? May box set kasi nun e, 11,500.00. Ok ba?
japhethgomez@yahoo.com / jajacool.multiply.com

Offline emersonic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »
FYI

You can't use Solar for gigs and that's for sure. They don't project or Give so you'll have the tendency to hit it so hard until they break in less than a time.
That's same w/ Planet Z.

About sa Lazer Cymbals.
Okay i once visited Lazer and saw "NEW" cymbal sets. I'm not talkng about their "stock" cymbals. I guess it's the same w/ RJ cymbals. It's the one who has a "kaleidoscope" like finish. I tried them and i think they're good for the price. Well after months, the Lazer Cymbals have different Logo na. WUHAN na but i think they're the same cymbals.

So my opinion is, try to look first sa Classifieds. I once sold my zbt set in mint condition at 9k. If you get lucky you can buy lower than mine but that's one in a lifetime. Hehehe

If you're not lucky enough eh try the Staggs at ala carte . You'll save money.  Or bring someone w you who really knows about the instrument and go try the Lazers.

well said sir.. i agree with that!
"Semi Charmed Life"

Offline tedi

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »
dude gusto mo try mo yung wuhan set cymbals ng lazer. lazer ink stamp pero wuhan may gawa nun... :-) try mong i-inquire sa 4562666 ang presyo o kaya pumunta ka na lang sa sm north para masubukan mo..god bless! :wink:

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
Tol mang estapa ka nalang ng fellow drummers para kwits! hehehe joke.

Lazer is a crapy cymbal. They have a ZBT like cymbals but the sound is WAY WAY OFF ZBT's.

example: let the shop guy hit the cymbal while you are about 20feelt away. From there you can hear the difference.

Better get Stagg cymbals or my first sentence in my post.  =)
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline jeisohn_707

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »
AY!!! tol! advice ko lang sayo wag kang bibili ng LAZER na cymbals!!!! bumili ako dati nun! nagsisi ako! TUNOG PANGKATUTUBO! binenta ko agad tapos yung binentahan ko napangitan din binebenta din! mas ok pa planetZ!

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
FYI

That's same w/ Planet Z.

About sa Lazer Cymbals.

yes. you're right
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!

Offline jajacool22

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Thanks mga Sir. Ano ba pinagkaiba ng Brass cymbals at Bronze cymbals? Durability ba or tunog?
japhethgomez@yahoo.com / jajacool.multiply.com