hulika

Author Topic: Jamlab + Fruity Loops  (Read 1259 times)

Offline cinzons10

Jamlab + Fruity Loops
« on: August 03, 2007, 11:36:48 AM »
M-Aduio Jamlab + Fruity Loops. is this a good combination to have some arrangement and composition? by using only these two? 

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Jamlab + Fruity Loops
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »
That will do. remember, however, that FL is primarily pattern-based so the common pitfall is to create a static drum pattern for the duration of the song. Create several drum patterns with variations for verse a/verse b, choruses and fills. that will make your compsitions better.

You can also try out cockos.org's Reaper which also has midi capabilities if you compose backing tracks primarily in midi.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »
i'm not familiar with midi's. :-) actually i'm a noob about this, i'm just starting to learn this stuff's. but i'm eager to learn. i'm thinking bout buying jamlab or fast track pro. do i need a mixer if i have fast track pro?

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 11:51:06 AM »
and by the way, in short i will us my FL7 drum pattern and export it to pro tools? is that right? and then use pro tools to insert guitar and bass etc, and mix it together?

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »
also, you have to consider that fruity loops sucks at midi control of outboard synths.  as for vst support, medyo mapili yan.  it doesn't work with emulator x.  too buggy with the fruity vst wrapper.

pero if you just use the stock vst's, it works pretty well actually.  got full songs produced with purely fruity loops.  but now, i only use it as a sketch pad for electronica cause it forces me to compose in a certain way.  then i just export to cubase.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 11:59:35 AM »
well, i think all i need ofr FL7 is the drums and some effects. and sometimes bass line. i'm having a hard time mixing drums! sheezh. hehehe.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
i'm not familiar with midi's. :-) actually i'm a noob about this, i'm just starting to learn this stuff's. but i'm eager to learn. i'm thinking bout buying jamlab or fast track pro. do i need a mixer if i have fast track pro?

Not neccesarily if all you will record is your guitar to the BT that you create. If you intend to record vocals or use a mic, you will need either an interface that has line level/mic inputs and probably a mixer. The Jamlab only has guitar instrument inputs; a mixer will not be of much help with it since the Jamlab input is primarily mono.

and by the way, in short i will us my FL7 drum pattern and export it to pro tools? is that right? and then use pro tools to insert guitar and bass etc, and mix it together?

Yes, you can export the drum pattern as a .wav and import it into PT. AFAIK, FL already has audio recording capability so you might be shuttling between the 2 programs often. PT has better audio editing capabilities, IMO. I think you can rewire FL into PT, but I have neither so I can't guide you on that.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 12:21:46 PM »
well, i think all i need ofr FL7 is the drums and some effects. and sometimes bass line. i'm having a hard time mixing drums! sheezh. hehehe.

if that's all you need from fl7, then it'll work very well for you.  HTH.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 12:43:03 PM »
i hope that this is all that i need, its very hard to look for other source.i knwo what sound i want but its very hard to make the ouput the way  i want. hehehe. i think this will take me years to master this. i hope not. i'm burning my ass on this one. :-) and i guess i need that fast track maudio. actually i'm using my DF& mixer output directly to my ordinary soundcard. it sounds fine. but very limited sound of the amp sim. like 7 amp sound which sounds like identical.