hulika

Author Topic: BAMBOO JAMS with RIVERMAYA  (Read 3318 times)

Offline newkdashe14

• Netizen Level
BAMBOO JAMS with RIVERMAYA
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »
I just want to share this link to everyone. Enjoy!
http://www.rosarioko.com/2012/01/22/rivermayajam/
Max characters: 255; characters remaining: 209

Offline newkdashe14

• Netizen Level
Re: BAMBOO JAMS with RIVERMAYA
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
 :idea:

Offline Fedster

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
wow... :lol: since when? that'd be nice to watch
Matthew 16:24 "...whoever wants to be My disciple, must deny himself, take up his cross and follow Me..."

Offline koyuki_ahn

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
this is good stuff man..

thanks for sharing..

hmm it would be nice if bamboo gets back to rivermaya..

thats wicked cool...   :nosebleed:
Squire Custom Telecaster
Boss CH-1
Boss DS-1

Offline newkdashe14

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I think Rivermaya should just call it quits for the sake of their name. They're not making any impact nowadays. "Rivermaya" has ended when Rico Blanco left. Jayson Fernandez was just another disappointment for them. He was with them for 4 years but did not really made a difference but funny it is when you see his name written beside Rico, Bamboo, Nathan, Perf, and Kakoy's.

But who knows they might bid goodbye (and for the closure) with a concert with the former members. LOL

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
posible na magka reunion concert (only). kasi may video na magkasama si nathan at rico.

Offline PrayToYourGodz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
mukha malabo kung yung original lineup ng rivermaya, may tampuhan pa ata si Sir Nathan at Bamboo pero kung with rico and bamboo maybe.

I think Rivermaya should just call it quits for the sake of their name. They're not making any impact nowadays. "Rivermaya" has ended when Rico Blanco left. Jayson Fernandez was just another disappointment for them. He was with them for 4 years but did not really made a difference but funny it is when you see his name written beside Rico, Bamboo, Nathan, Perf, and Kakoy's.

But who knows they might bid goodbye (and for the closure) with a concert with the former members. LOL
+1 wala ng rivermaya eh wala na yung maya na humuhini ng masarap sa tenga naiwan na lang ang ilog na patuloy na dumadaloy di alam kung saan tutungo
Gusto kong pumunta sa Quirino Grandstand araw-araw at manood ng public execution ng mga presidente, senador, representatives at iba pang mga kurap na kriminal ng bayan. - Dong Abay

Offline newkdashe14

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
Read this from another thread. These are just from Mark Escueta. Better read this: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=66825.0 and some other articles cause this was so 2008.

This one was posted on April 15, 2008.
I'm sorry, I have to say this. I believe I know him better than anyone in this Forum and if you're entitled to your opinion, shempre ako rin. hehe :)

San ka nakakita ng Brain & Heart na umaalis ng katawan? Yung totoong heart and soul ng banda yung mga kasama ko ngayon. Aanhin mo ang galing o talino sa pagsulat kung iiwanan ka naman sa ere at magso-solo ng walang matinong rason? That's the painful truth and I hope it never happens to anyone of you.

Anyways baka sabihin niyo nagra-rant lang ako, eto boto ko:

Sa pagsulat: Rico
Sa pagkanta: Bamboo
Sa pagiging totoong tao: Bamboo

Yun lang po.

:D

And another one on May 06, 2008.
Salamat sa pag-post. I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone would ask about our current bandmate. We're well aware that we still have a long way to go. Now we're just really grateful that we actually HAVE a way to go, haha.

Last year gusto kasi kaming 'patayin' ng dati kong kabanda in favor of himself, thanks to my bandmates Mike, Japs and most recently Jayson - hindi nangyari yon. Jayson is young, talented and most important of all mabuting tao. Alam namin nating lahat yan, lalo na dito sa Philmusic, na bahagi lang ng pagiging musikero ang talent and technical ability.  In Jayson's case, pagkatao niya ang nagpa-panalo sa kanya. Nadedevelop naman ang talent diba? That's what were doing now, as a band. It's kind of a drag being thrust back into the 'formative years' but then again, its great! Iba yung relationship namin as a band ngayon, mas healthy as mas may democracy.

Wala nang 'rakstar' sa rivermaya mga kaibigan. Ilang taon rin kaming willingly nag-adjust sa work ethics niya, pinag-tiyagaan at dinepensahan sa napakaraming tao dahil kabanda at kaibigan ko siya at dahil magaling naman siya inspite of his 'flaws'. Tapos in the end tatablahin pala kami? Well, we're glad those days are gone.

Masayang-masaya kami ngayon depite some people who think that this band will never be the same. Truth is, we don't expect anything, we're happy that we're just able to continue doing what we love. I'm sure all of you can relate to that. Madami naman ding nagsasabi na walang nagbago, o di kaya mas 'buhay' pa kami ngayon. Sometimes blessings come with challenges too, at alam niyo naman na ang musikerong Pilipino laban lang ng laban. It was a choice of either no-music or new-music, napakadaling desisyon diba?

Sana nalang hindi mangyari sa inyo yung nangyari sa amin, but if it does, tara inuman tayo. haha

Sa mga fans naman niya, wag kayo mag alala, maglalabas yon ng solo album sometime soon, trying to go head-to-head with Bamboo. Im sure it will contain super fantastic songs and excellent instrumentation since he's working with the country's top sessionists. (Personally, I can't wait til this album comes out para di na kami tanungin kung nasaan siya, haha).

This is my personal opinion, not meant to influence yours or anybody's, and might not accurately replicate the opinions of my bandmates. Kwento lang ito ng storya ko bilang musikero nagkaroon ng matinding pagsubok nung 2007. Pasensya na, tao lang po.

Thank you for your insights :)

And again.
Ay klaro ko lang bro ha? For everyone's benefit.
The audition process went on for around 2 months.
Yung 2 days na screening sa U.P. Yielded over 80+ candidates. And you're right, hindi talaga makikilala kahit sino ng lubusan in 2 days kaya madami pa sila dinaanan after that. The first 2 days they were being judged strictly on talent and performance, the assement of attitude came later. We also had complete trust in our guest judges: Francis Reyes and Louie Talan who saw EVERY performance, all 300+ who were able to reach the 2nd stage. Ang hirap din ng ginawa nila and we'll be forever thankful to them. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to tell you that there was no 'pre-selection' at any time.

In the end, as we all know, it was Jayson who won. A lot of people don't know what went on OFF-cam. Activities that happened just to expose everyone's true character.  We would even interview members of the crew and get their opinion kasi baka nga sa  harap lang namin mabait diba? Best foot forward nga. But now, kabanda na namin si Jayson for 7 months and I can truly say wala kaming regrets with regards to his character or pagkatao. Yes madami pang kailangan i-develop sa kanya pero thats the risk we were expecting and are willing to take. I know some will say that siyempre mabait pa siya kasi bago pa. Agree ako diyan, may potential paring magbago ang tao diba? Lalo pag pumasok sa ulo ang kasikatan. Pati naman yung dati naming kabanda ay mabait nung una, di nga niya alam na 'kuya' ang tingin ko sa kanya. Pero ayun, over time nagbago and I guess I can only blame myself. Madami namang may ayaw sa kanya even years back and I would defend him on all occasions. Yung mali ko lang siguro, di ko naman sinabi sa kanya mismo na may problema siya. Althrough on some occasions pinagsasabihan ko din naman yon. Pero ayun, tuluyan nang nagbago ang ugali, di na ako magbabanggit ng details kasi foul talaga. That's a lesson that Mike, Japs and I have learned all too well and definitely hindi namin hahayaang mangyari ito sa line-up namin ngayon. AND incase you think we're upset with him because he left us just like that? That's beside the point. I'd be the last person to force anyone to stay in a band that he didn't love. Ayoko rin ng kabandang napipilitan lang at di na pala kuntento sa nangyayari. But I believe there could've been a much better way of doing what he did, yung tipong may konsiderasyon parin sa mga nakasama mo for 14 years, and 6 years in the case of Mike & Japs who are the reason why we survived from 2001-2007. Obviously its not true na ayaw na niya sa music, lalabas na daw yung single niya sa June or July, and the solo album shortly after. Abangan niyo nalang ;)

To those that understand my position, thank you. To those that don't and still have some questions, feel free to send me PMs, tayo tayo nalang mag-usap, wag na dito, masaya dapat dito, masyado na akong seryoso, hehe :D

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:02:57 PM by newkdashe14 »

Offline thedrummer421

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
pagnatuloy ang Rivermaya reunion tipong Eheads din yan...

so if ever the plan will be...

1 Major Sponsor + 1 Yes for each Rivermaya Original members = Rivermaya Reunion Concert...

:)
drumming is my edge of happiness,

try one now!!!  you know?!!!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 01:00:47 AM »
haha.. kay bamboo talaga bagay yung mga kanta! boses talaga niya ang maririnig mo pag sumagi sa isip mo yung kanta..
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline crucialred

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »
LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART

Offline makhulhitz

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
ayaw ko sirain ang pangarap ng mga ka tribo natin dito sa philmusic na makita ulit na magkakasama ang original/current lin up ng Rivermaya,but sad to say mukhang malabo pa iyon(as of this time)kasi may mga bagong RIFFS sina Bamboo at brod Nathan na naisiwalat naman sa media before diba.Well i just heared the side of Nathan and it seems the claims are real pero di ko nalang i divulge pa the content of the said conversation with him during the wake of the late Karl Roy.Sabi nga nya during the time he (BAMBOO)left rivermaya and the recent departure with them (bamboo band)malabo lahat ang details ng REASONS.sana magkaayus pa sila......
ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Stompbox

Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
it would be great to see them back together again  :-\
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 11:37:12 PM »
+1 wala ng rivermaya eh wala na yung maya na humuhini ng masarap sa tenga naiwan na lang ang ilog na patuloy na dumadaloy di alam kung saan tutungo

huwawww ang lalim hahahaha