hulika

Author Topic: usb problem sa behri uca at m-audio oxygen  (Read 2816 times)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
usb problem sa behri uca at m-audio oxygen
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »
bakit kapag sabay nakakabit yung behringer uca202 at m-audio oxygen8 v2 sa toshiba laptop (via usb both) e hindi gumagana yung oxygen?

hindi nadedetect ng sonar/ableton live yung oxygen as a controller pero may nakikitang midi input at hindi tumutunog yung mga softsynths.

nag aagawan ba sila ng irq? which i dont really think so, may midi input signal e. driver problem ng oxygen? kaya lang updated yung driver ko pati enigma

pano ko mapapagana sila pareho? masarap sana gamitin sa live gig yung setup lalo na natuto na ko mag ableton live

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: usb problem sa behri uca at m-audio oxygen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 12:11:16 PM »
hindi nadedetect ng sonar/ableton live yung oxygen as a controller pero may nakikitang midi input at hindi tumutunog yung mga softsynths.

If Sonar can detect incoming midi, that means the midi port is active. The UCA might be installing a midi port of some kind but is inactive - I've seen audio and midi devices that sort of install "ghost" midi ports (a good example are the cheap 1 x 1 usb midi cables that reflect 2 midi outputs!  :-o ). You should be able to define the ports in Sonar's midi options. You can even re-arrange the midi port sequence so that a particular port is always the first port, hence, the default port whenever you create a midi track.

IRQ is not a problem since you are using usb; the computer's usb controller will be using the IRQ(s) not the attached usb devices. One thing you SHOULDN'T do, is repeatedly connect and install a usb device into several usb ports. This can cause 'duplicate' installs and can cause a particular usb device to stop functioning since there is device driver contention (in some cases, this can cause the device to be recognized but not function, window will not indicate any driver conflict). To clear up the conflict, you should uninstall the device in EACH port you plugged it in. Once you install the usb device again, ALWAYS use that particular port for that device only to prevent future driver contention - despite the fact that usb is supposed to be plug and play.

If you want to check for multiple installs of the same device, do this procedure:

1. Open the Command Prompt window (the ol' familiar DOS environment) then type this:  set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

2. Open Device Manager, then View > Show Hidden Devices

This will cause all installed devices to be shown, you should be able to see 'multiple-installed' devices. You can uninstall those multiple devices. Once you re-install your usb devices, make sure to use the "one-device, one-port rule" use only one port, and only that port, for a particular device.

Also check the RME website for the "10 entry limit" device rule. It seems that multiple installs can fill up window's registry with "ghost devices". WinXP has a "10 device limit" on a particular device; repeated installations of plug-and-play devices can easily fill up that limit.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »
i see. thanks sir kit!

try ko uninstall muna lahat  :-D

Offline bananagrahamskyflakes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
Peeves. I think I can help. Bigay mo sa akin yan, wala ka nang usb problem

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »
uninstall/reinstall unsuccesful

formatting hdd

sana gumana sa fresh install

Peeves. I think I can help. Bigay mo sa akin yan, wala ka nang usb problem

when hell freezes over or kung manalo ako lotto. whichever comes first   :-P

Offline bananagrahamskyflakes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
Taray! Hahahahahha

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
uninstall/reinstall unsuccesful

formatting hdd

sana gumana sa fresh install

Fresh install usually works. Install the UCA first the M-Audio.

The way to uninstall a usb device is to make sure it is still plugged in then uninstalling from device manager (right click on the errant device). If you plugged it into several ports, you will have to repeat that process until you clean up all or most of the hidden devices. Since you're formatting, well, you don't have to go through that procedure.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »
no love :(

i did what you said kit but i dont see the 'multiple-installed' devices in device manager. its my oxygen 8 thats giving me grief
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
chuck,

what version M-audio drivers are you using? if it's the cd drivers, try uninstalling that then download the ones from M-Audio's site.

In this case, try reversing the install with the M-audio first, followed by the audio interface. I've been reading about incompatibility problems with the O8. I'm beginning to suspect that the mobo usb chipset might be involved. What's your mobo, btw?

EDIT: On hindsight, I just realized that the easiest fix would be to use the midi ports, provided of course that you have a free midi i/o pair. You will have to power the O8 via wall wart though.

UPDATE!!! I got this from the M-Audio site:

Oxygen 8

Problems with USB devices - USB Root Hub Power Management problems

Q: My M-Audio USB Audio- or MIDI interface fails to install, doesn't work after installation, or drops out of the system every now and then.  What could be the cause of this?

A: A common reason for such problems is the Power Management function of the USB Root Hub. Disabling the Power Management for all USB Root Hubs in your system should resolve this problem:

1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties" -> Hardware -> Device Manager)
2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB Root Hub.
3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." and click "OK".

Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:59:35 PM by KitC »

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »
will try this last option

my motherboard is an ecs something, absolutely solid for more than 5 years now (yikes) no problems except with the oxy8

i have the updated drivers from the maudio site, i do use midi ports nalang nga but id like to free them up for my hw stuff, no need for a wallwart though, it still powers on via the usb port
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »
UPDATE!!! I got this from the M-Audio site:

Oxygen 8

Problems with USB devices - USB Root Hub Power Management problems

Q: My M-Audio USB Audio- or MIDI interface fails to install, doesn't work after installation, or drops out of the system every now and then.  What could be the cause of this?

A: A common reason for such problems is the Power Management function of the USB Root Hub. Disabling the Power Management for all USB Root Hubs in your system should resolve this problem:

1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties" -> Hardware -> Device Manager)
2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB Root Hub.
3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." and click "OK".

Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.

oooohhhh that makes sense. will try  :-D

salamat marami master!

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 08:40:03 AM »
kahit fresh install ayaw pa rin  :cry:

the weird thing is, i got a copy of the latest asio drivers and it didnt work with my uca and my cpu util rose to 100% during playback and recording

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 10:14:27 AM »
The uca wasn't known for very low latencies... what are your latency settings?

AFAIK, the oxygen seems to have known problems when it is sharing a usb hub with other devices, especially audio. Have you tried changing ports until both the uca and oxygen do not share the same usb root hub? The alternative is to use the uca via midi if you have a midi interface.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »
i give up  :-(

try ko bumili ng usb-midi interface mamaya. baka sakaling yun lang solution ko

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 06:21:27 PM »
If you check the classifieds, soulidstate is selling some usb 1x1 midi interfaces for P1.2k, I think.

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 03:57:27 AM »
i give up  :-(

try ko bumili ng usb-midi interface mamaya. baka sakaling yun lang solution ko

peeves, anong gamit mong recording software?

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 08:10:39 AM »
ok i learned something stupid...

kaya pala ayaw nila gumana ng sabay kasi pareho silang nadedetect as USB Audio Device. nag uninstall/reinstall ng paulit ulit nung m-audio driver hanggang sa wakas na detect din yung oxygen as USB Oxygen 8 v2.

kaya lang, ayaw gumana ng asio driver nung uca. weird thing is, kapag asio ginagamit ko cpu util is back to normal, hindi na sya nag 100% percent pero wala naman input/output

working naman silang pareho kung WDM driver lang gagamitin ko for the uca.

peeves, anong gamit mong recording software?

sonar 6 greenhills edition at adobe audition 2 torrent edition  :-D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:11:42 AM by peeves24 »

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »
 MAudio Oxygen 49 ang gamit ko sa Sonar 6 , wala naman akong problem na  naencounter when we  install using Soundblaster Live soundcard, minimal latency lang na naayos din naman, kung may budget ka eh around P1,500 lang ang SBLive. Good for midi also.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »
di pwede sb e. laptop kasi gagamitin ko sana for gigs.

anyway may emu1212m na ko na parating para sa desktop

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »
oopppsss laptop nga pala gamit mo  :lol: