hulika

Author Topic: what was your first recording project? how did it go?  (Read 705 times)

Offline lexbilis

• Netizen Level
what was your first recording project? how did it go?
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:04:31 PM »
is it okay if get get a little light here? :)

well, i just had my first "recording project" if i may say so. i recently purchased the m-audio 1814 firewire. we recorded yung nanalong entry for UPLB's (UP los baņos)centennial celecration theme song. whoa, for me its an honor to record and mix the centennial theme song of my alma mater.

anyway, we recorded on a very "normal"(for the lack of word), hindi treated acoustically, as in cement all over the room. there were 5 instruments- piano, acoustic guitar, violin and bass guitar and 1 male vocal. classic type of music.
i used pg 81s for violin and flute; yung bass derecho from bass out to instrument input nung 1814, acoustic guitar naman using pick-up nung guitarist, then for piano they used my x5d (naks, proud).

the instrumentalists are students and professors sa UP, mejo kakakaba at first, dapat muka ako professional. i could say that they did well with their instruments, parang everyone is a master of their craft. ganda nga ng combi ng instruments...classic.

masaya naman yung process, they were oooohhhs and ahhhs when they learned we could do punch in and out recording dun sa mga nagkakamali (as if it was a very new technology) haha, oldies na kasi. it was fun working with them, we had a jam pa after, they were doing r&b, jazz, dance music versions of the song, they were even joking to make rap versions. it was also rewarding: i received tumataginting na 300 pesos for the job. they were satisfied naman, i'm still on the editing process. so please stand by for questions pag may na-encounter ako problems.

it was fun, matagal nga lang set up kaya nga i'm thinking of swapping my unit with alesis firewire 16. para di na ko gagamit extra mixer for mics, dami kasi cables pag hiwalay pa.

i just thought the more experienced guys out there could share their humble beginnings (at least beginnings if you started bongga) to inspire young and aspiring recording engineer wannabes like me. haha
sing unto the Lord a new song.