hulika

Author Topic: Research paper: Pinoy Rock  (Read 5937 times)

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Research paper: Pinoy Rock
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »
Pare, LALAKE ako promise. Pinapanood ko ngayon yung vid ng Club Dredd. Probably one of my regrets in life eh never ako nakatungtong dun. I was in my mid teens back then and lived all the way in Parañaque :(

Is it the one I suggested?  :? :-) :-D :lol:
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline BAMF

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »
UU ANG ALAM KO SA CR DIN,PERO SA CR SYA NG KULUNGAN SA QUEZON CITY ATA(NOT SURE KUNG SAAN CYA NKULONG)

E2 MY PAPANUOD AKO

Napanuod ko sya...parang sa Jessica Soho reports. Ang alala ko, nacompose nya yun sa CR ng Quirino Grandstand sa Luneta.

CDF...di ba ikaw si Dennise ?

Naging magkabanda din kami ni Jerwin, tapos nagkanya-kanya din. Buo pa din ang emogeeks pero wala na si screamingdemon at si emogeek. :D

Gig kami sa anthology malate bukas :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline oldskul

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
TOL SA I-WITNESS UN
DOCUMENTARY SA PINOY LEGEND NA C PEPE

Offline avlis78

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »
the dawn commenced the awakening of pinoy rockers in the 80's (i'm refering to heavier stuff) of course juan dela cruz did it first.

80's + 90's lumobo ng husto ang populasyon ng mga rakista dito sa pinas... :-D
abu dhabi

Offline SleepyJohn

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »
Magandang gabi po! Bilang isang estudyante dito sa L.A., parte ng aking English subject ang gumawa ng research paper at ang napusuan kong topic eh Pinoy Rock (as in umbrella term including Rock, Alternative, Metal, Pop Rock, Punk etc)

Marami naman akong nakalap na websites pero data and basic information lang halos yung mga naibibigay nila. Mas interesado sana ako sa experiences ng mga bands and fans alike and how these experiences with Pinoy Rock changed us and our environment/country.

So kung may ma shshare sana kayong mga kwento at adventures nyo noon at ngayon. From porma to places you hang out and buy records to clashes with other cultures (Hip-Hop vs Metal days) L.A. 105.9, Club Dredd, Recto, Mayric's, music scene from Manila to the belly of Timog Cotabato... lahat. Ayaw kong maging biased at one-sided yung paper ko kaya hinihingi ko po ang inyong mga tulong.

Thorough Pinoy Rock history sana ang gagawin ko from Bobby Gonzales (Hahabol-Habol) to Juan dela Cruz to Joey Ayala to LA 105.9 days all the way to bands of today jan satin sa Pinas. 60's and 90's wouldn't be too difficult pero totally clueless ako pag dating sa 70's and 80's. Tingin ko talaga mananakit katawan ko sa research paper na 'to dahil scattered yung sources pero worth it naman, alam ko.

Mabuhay ang Pinoy Music!

I'm one of the pioneers of DZRJ: THE ROCK OF MANILA (batch 74--this was the year when  first joined the station, right after college, and became one of the ROCKJOCKS, as we used to call ourselves)

DZRJ: THE ROCK OF MANILA, circa 1976, started a 30-minute radio show called: PINOY ROCK & RHYTHM, coined or named by one of us, CHARLIE BROWN (+Emil Quinto); the show was from 6:30pm-7pm, Monday thru Friday, first hosted by BOB MAGOO, then later, HOWLIN' DAVE.

The idea of the show was to unearth pinoy talents through music, rock being the base or foundation, but other music categories also apply, however, we concentrated on the rock side of music and the RHYTHM (i.e. folk, rhythmic sounds of APO, Florante, Bong Gabriel, Bong Penera/Batucada, Eddie Munji III, Ysagani Ybarra, Asin, janet basco, Aunt Irma, among others).

So, DZRJ: THE ROCK OF MANILA gave birth to PINOY ROCK LEGENDS like: JDLC (Juan dela Cruz band), Sampaguita, Florante, Maria Cafra, APO, Petrfied Anthem, Aunt Irma, Bosyo, Edmund Fortuno, T.Tinio band, YsaganiYbarra, Asin, Bong Penera/Batucada, Bong Gabriel, Eddie Munji III, The jerks, The Dawn with ? Diaz, Labuyo, Anakbayan, Boy Camara, Tito Mina, Ella del Rosario (of hotdog fame), etc.............the list is long.

Pinoy Rock & Rhythm inspired our local recording companies, so they came up with OPM (Original Pilipino Music) and the artists of pop categories were given also their home.

In fact here's one story that was never published, but was said to us by RICO JP. Gusto nya sana sumali or magbigay ng demo nya sa (DZRJ) Pinoy Rock show, but we did not approve of his singing style, so sabi nya: "Pupunta ko ng Gapo (Olongapo), at pagbalik ko, makikita nyo, sisikat din ako!" True enough, Rico JP made it, on the OPM side of pop music. He's a showman and perfected his antcs amidst the crowd of American seamen in Olongapo during the 70's.

Now, the return of Pinoy Rock & Rhythm is heard over UR105.9FM UNDERGROUND RADIO,--managed by RJ's JR--Sundays, from 12n-3pm. The Rock of Manla classic rock music is also dshed out on Sundays wth The Mole (8am-12n); Sleepy John (3pm-6pm)

"BUHAY NA NAMAN ANG DA-RAK OF MANILA!" :)

Sleepy John