hulika

Author Topic: DC TALK Fans!  (Read 1557 times)

Offline tarukal

• Philmusicus Noobitus
DC TALK Fans!
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
Hi.. Share naman po kayo ng experiences niyo sa DC TALK.. hehehe.. OR mga alam lang..

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
Re: DC TALK Fans!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUY.

Gawa tayo ng online petition para pumunta sila rito. Hehe. :P

Offline luin_theblue

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
These guys are one of the reasons that really got me into music. :) Been loving them since Free At Last.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:11:55 AM »

"Consume Me"  is a timeless classic.
I looovvvve that song.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 01:33:26 AM »
Hi.. Share naman po kayo ng experiences niyo sa DC TALK.. hehehe.. OR mga alam lang..

wrong forum?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »
Hmm, they were friends of a pastor friend of mine noon sa Nashville,TN. He said he used to play table tennis with these guys (Toby and Michael) way back nung mga "Free at Last" albums pa nila. Very down to earth fellows daw sila.

Pinaka paborito ko si Kevein Max, he's different pag dating sa fashion & sa style of music nya.

Meron akong albums nilang "Jesus Freak", "Freakshow (Live)", "Supernatural" and yung "Solo" (kinover nila yung isa sa fave U2 songs ko which is 40), meron din ako nung "Intermission: Greatests Hits" nila, na-arbor lang sakin, hehehe.

Yung Solo albums naman nila meron ako nung 1st albums nila TAIT and Kevin Max. Dinownload ko lang yung 2 albums ni TobyMac.

Sayang 'tong banda na 'to. Like Audio Adrenaline (paborito ko din 'to!), nag-disband na sila. Hay..

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 11:54:26 AM »
What's DC?  :?
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »
What's DC?  :?

From Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dc_Talk#Name_Origin

Name Origin

It has been widely believed that the explanation for the group's name is "decent Christian talk"; the lyrics of the songs Time Ta Jam, from their self-titled debut, and When DC Talks, from their second release Nu Thang support this.

You see D's for Decent, and you will agree "Quite explicit yet rated G Because I rhyme hard, and I speak facts And there's no need to curse when I bust a rap And C for Christian, 'cause that's what I am Not a soft sissy, I know how to jam Pack a party for the Father above Intense rhymes tell of ultimate love Talk is for the lyrics, they're full of Spirit" - Time Ta Jam

"D is for decent, I mean what I say But obscene, I don't play that way C is for Christ, to the I-A-N" - When DC Talks

However, the name was initially chosen because McKeehan was from the Washington D.C. area, but ForeFront marketed them as "decent Christian talk" to gain audience in the then-obscure Christian hip hop arena.[5]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:26:00 PM by kurtcobainer »