hulika

Author Topic: Core 2 Duo VS Dual Core  (Read 2918 times)

Offline junelle

• Veteran Member
Core 2 Duo VS Dual Core
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:56:29 PM »
What's the difference? :?

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Core 2 Duo VS Dual Core
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:23:24 AM »
alam ko mas bago yung core 2 duo. so siguro mas maganda din performacne nya. :lol:

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:02:15 AM »

wala...

ano ba to? trick question?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline tagagapo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:43:37 AM »

Dual core is simply a generic term referring to any processor package with two physical CPUs in one. The Pentium D, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo and Athlon X2 are all current CPUs that have dual cores in one package.

The Pentium D is simply two Pentium 4 Prescott cpus inefficiently paired together and ran as dual core.

The Core Duo
is Intel's first generation dual core processor based upon the Pentium M (a Pentium III-4 hybrid) made mostly for laptops (though a few motherboard manufacturers have released desktop boards supporting the Core Duo CPU), and is much more efficiently than Pentium D.

The Core 2 Duo is Intel's second generation (hence, Core 2) processor made for desktops and laptops designed from the ground up to be fast while not consuming nearly as much power as previous CPUs.

Note - Intel has dropped the Pentium name in favor of the Core architecture as Intel is restructuring and refocusing it's efforts to become number one again ed from the market in a matter of months.
Uncle Sam kiss my ass!!!

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »
Dual core is simply a generic term referring to any processor package with two physical CPUs in one. The Pentium D, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo and Athlon X2 are all current CPUs that have dual cores in one package.

The Pentium D is simply two Pentium 4 Prescott cpus inefficiently paired together and ran as dual core.

The Core Duo
is Intel's first generation dual core processor based upon the Pentium M (a Pentium III-4 hybrid) made mostly for laptops (though a few motherboard manufacturers have released desktop boards supporting the Core Duo CPU), and is much more efficiently than Pentium D.

The Core 2 Duo is Intel's second generation (hence, Core 2) processor made for desktops and laptops designed from the ground up to be fast while not consuming nearly as much power as previous CPUs.

Note - Intel has dropped the Pentium name in favor of the Core architecture as Intel is restructuring and refocusing it's efforts to become number one again ed from the market in a matter of months.

yown sakto...

the pentium d... mas malakas power consumption and ang init... well kasi yun ang unang lumabas so hindi siya super pulido like core2duo... the core2duo in the other hand less power consumption (that's what the benchmarks and reviews are saying)... but if you're an average user you won't feel the difference nadin naman...

OT na ito... ---> i had both at one point pero i sticked with the core2duo... remember which ever you pick your RAM plays a big part padin on the performance of your pc... you might have a core2duo na 3.0ghz but your ram is 512mb lang you're pc will be slow padin...
ayos!

Offline glenntotz_27

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
so ibigsbhn kahit na pentium D eh ayos lang dn sa performance, pero malakas sa power consumption? :-/  :?
ngeh.

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
so ibigsbhn kahit na pentium D eh ayos lang dn sa performance, pero malakas sa power consumption? :-/  :?

yep... ayos performance niya... i used my pentium d for a while din... basta maganda casing mo (coz it gets hot) tapos dapat dami ram...

the core2duo is more energy efficient nga lang... kung baga yung pentium D yun ang how should i say this... hmmm... yun ang sablay? not defect... well yun ang catch...  parang that's one thing na ndi nila na improve when they released it... kaya nila ni release ung core2duo... kung baga yun ung newly improved versions of the dual core and pentium d...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:01:32 PM by powerchord41 »
ayos!

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
sa laptop ko cor2duo 2.0 ghz. tapos 1 gig ang ram ko.. ok na ba yun? balak ko mag dagdag. gawin kong 2 gig..

pwede ba?
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »
sa laptop ko cor2duo 2.0 ghz. tapos 1 gig ang ram ko.. ok na ba yun? balak ko mag dagdag. gawin kong 2 gig..

pwede ba?

pwedeng pwede... the more ram :-D the better...

- basahin mo sa manual kung gaano kalaki ang kaya ng laptop mo na ram... but USUALLY 4 gig ram ang max...
ayos!

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:17:51 AM »