hulika

Author Topic: The Posies  (Read 713 times)

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
The Posies
« on: March 14, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »
Anyone else a fan of this 90s band? Mejo underground, sa US lang ata sila sumikat.

Great riffs, great songs.

I've been looking for a copy of their album "Amazing Disgrace." Anyone have a copy they're willing to sell? :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Posies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
The members of that band occasionally get together to do shows, but John Auer and Ken Stringfellow have stuff going on as solo artists a lot more nowadays.  The last time I saw John Auer perform, it was when he was opening for Ben Folds.  Ben enjoyed John's cover of Ween's Baby Bitch so much that he responded in kind when he went onstage by performing his version of Careless Whisper. 

Talk about heartbreak-mania on the concert stage.

Anyway, I digress.  I just wanted to say that they're a great power-pop band.  I Can Dream All Day was perhaps the first song I heard on the local alt-rock radio station when I first moved to Seattle.  So much local pride in the music scene.

As for their records...well...I don't own that particular one.

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
Re: The Posies
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 04:07:30 AM »
They're the Seatle band that didn't hit the big time, unlike the grunge bands Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.

Sayang.

I like "I Can Dream All Day" too, as well as "Everybody is a [strawberry]*n Liar", "Hate Song", "Daily Mutilation,"

One of the 90s bands whose songwriting I admire.