hulika

Author Topic: Basic equipment i need for live sound, need help  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Grim

Basic equipment i need for live sound, need help
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
Im a guitarist and the basic approach to live sound is, Guitar-> Effects -> Amp,

I just read about PA systems and that they can be used for guitar, here are my following questions:

1. What are the pros and cons of guitar and bass live sound using the PA system?
2. What are the BASIC SPECIFIC equipments i need?

as far as i know but im not sure, i think a need a DI box and a mixer (maybe the basic 4 channel) and a F or M XLR cable, pls help me on this guys and gals this is quite sparking my interest, thanks in advance, and have a nice day  :lol:
By reading this you have given me complete control of your mind for the time it took you to read this message.<br /><br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Basic equipment i need for live sound, need help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:50:59 PM »
uhm... here is what i say. The super basics are the mixer and speaker. I think dun dapat mag-start sa PA kasi dito mo maiisip kung gaano kadaming channel sa mixer ang kailangan mo saka kung gaano kalakas yung speaker na kailangan mo for your target PA system. 

For example, a 4-channel mixer can accomodate a vocal mic, a bass guitar input (pwede i-direct ang bass), an acoustic guitar input and an extra mic/input for instrument or vocals. Just imagine your target setup to know how many channels in the mixer would suit you. For electric guitars, mas ideal na i-mic mo na lang yung amp mo para marinig and ma-control mo sa amp yung papasok sa PA mo. This is also applicable to bass-amp system. Direct-box are use as a 'stage extension' for the mixers usually for instrument input. Something like that. XLRs inputs are usually for mic. A 1/4'' inch jacks, usually for instrument. Pwede ring mic.

Powered speakers or with built-in amplifier speakers are mixer ready speakers. Generally, mas-ideal ang amplifier and passive (or unpowered) speaker system para mas flexible sa speaker na pwedeng magamit. Yung power ng speakers ay depende sa laki ng audience at environment ng paggagamitan ng PA. Powered mixers are mixer with built-in amplifier so pwede na kahit passive speakers lang.
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:54:09 AM »
saan mo ba gagamitin ang PA? ano ang existing gear mo?
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline Xilence

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
I read somewhere na kapag direct sa PA, dapat gumamit ng DI box.
Something about frequencies na hindi magkatugma... read on about it.  Di ko na mahanap yung link  ^_^