hulika

Author Topic: anu opinion nyo sa mga laos na mga foreign artist na nag-Coconcert dito sa pinas  (Read 2049 times)

Offline distrito45

anu opinion nyo sa mga laos na mga foreign artist na nag-Coconcert dito sa pinas  :-D
THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. THE WEBSITE MIGHT BE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
Like Duran Duran , Toto, Swing Out Sisters & New Wave artists?

They're good. Years ago.. maybe they have to retire continuously and just visit the islands for the beach ,scenery, love and congeniality..Leave the music to the new bands and singers to revive their hits. They can collaborate with country singers since that's always hot in America , Ireland and Sweden.

Or get a Filipino lead vocalist like Arnel Pineda to sound new and young as what happened to Journey which is not so popular among young generations , but either way, old is old. maybe classic..but still dull so how can they really reinvent themselves?  I hope not headed for disaster, I mean oblivion since they have great influence in today's music.   Oogway said "Yesterday is history, the future is a mystery but today is a gift , thats why it's called present" so they still have to live for their music but have to pass it through. then just enjoy the royalties coming their way.. as if their records still sell like pancakes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:15:31 PM by gracev15 »

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
anu opinion nyo sa mga laos na mga foreign artist na nag-Coconcert dito sa pinas  :-D

feeding the older generation. nostalgic effect kumbaga...
still, a good thing. que laos o hindi, music pa rin yan.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kaya nga dito sila nagcoconcert kasi laos na sila sa bansa nila.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
With Arnel on-board playing with Journey, I wonder if the chances of getting the band to play in Manila just got better? 

Offline distrito45

ung mga singers like David Pomeranz, Air Supply etc. di na kasi sila appreciated sa bansa nila so they'll just pack their bags and go somewhere, where their music will be "appreciated" and "sell" In the Philippines we all know that most Filipinos love sentimental songs so dito sila may "raket".
THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. THE WEBSITE MIGHT BE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
Oh, A Special Valentine Concert by David...and the recent Air Supply in Araneta last June 14.

They're immortal..so we can let it pass.. if it's true that we have a child in us then there's also that old feeling..haha.  i mean old sound handed down by our parents maybe even when we're still unborn when they or our siblings were listening to vinyl discs..not just the reading of fables and fairy-tales.

Maybe has been in all their glory as a sign of times..to welcome the new breed of musicians but they can not be equal. Nobody can yet upstage  Barry Manilow or Elton John even Beyonce slighted the Queen-Aretha Franklin.

I think its not about the money but reaching out and making up for the lost times they could have been here when they're still at their prime.  Just to exhale the last vapors of their breath since they will always have space and influence  in music history if not to extend and rekindle friendships they have developed with our fellow kababayans long ago.
ung mga singers like David Pomeranz, Air Supply etc. di na kasi sila appreciated sa bansa nila so they'll just pack their bags and go somewhere, where their music will be "appreciated" and "sell" In the Philippines we all know that most Filipinos love sentimental songs so dito sila may "raket".
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:58:55 PM by gracev15 »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
eh nasa pilipinas tayo.  nostalgia sells.  kaya ang sikat-sikat pa rin ng mga revivals dito...mas nagugustuhan pa nga at times, over original compositions...

...though i really wouldn't call most of these older bands who played here as "laos"...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management