hulika

Author Topic: Americal Idol?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline rjtorres

• Forum Fanatic
Americal Idol?
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:56:13 AM »
I'm not sure if you guys are watching, or if you've watched previous episodes, but this is a good watch. (actually I only watched American Idol when I heard this guy, and stopped watching after he got eliminated) :-D

This is a video of Anwar Robinson singing God Bless the Child in the streets (so pasok parin ako sa Jazz and Blues na category.  :-D) - he's a great singer, singing standards like Moon River and What a wonderful World in the show (and with wonderful renditions as well - well, not necessarily Jazz or blues).

Sorry, di talaga Jazz or Blues ang style niya, pero I can't resist sharing. Hope you like this. Enjoy! :)

(If you do like this, check out his Moon River and what a wonderful world in youtube  :-D)

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Americal Idol?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »
Well last year, Melinda Doolittle was a really good jazz singer. Too bad she wasn't cute enough to win, so Jordin Sparks won the contest.
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline masterwindu

• Netizen Level
Re: Americal Idol?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:39:42 AM »

search youtube for sundance head. one helluva blues singer..

he sang "stormy monday" for his audition and a phenomenal version of "mustang sally" during the performances.

too bad he didn't make it to the top 12 last year.. fans picked one of the worst singers (sanjaya) to make it to the top 12 in AI over him :-(