hulika

Author Topic: Thread locked due to redundancy  (Read 1354 times)

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
Thread locked due to redundancy
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »
sana "let see those cymbals" na lang yung

let see those ride
let see those crash
let see those hi-hat

sana nilocate mo na lang ako. kasi di naman gumagana search dito minsan.

di lahat is computer-literated or masipag basahin yung lahat ng content ng website bro.

konting pakisama naman po.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:29:14 PM by royalletones »
successful deal via meetups/shipping: rasta_gopz, Blood_saves, nuthead, yekoz, nuthead, beepbeep, akgm52192, ivanovich05, wipeout, mr.diddle, wax_static, sandythedrummer, peeves24, vhinming, shotsofredmist, zildjian07, jejunaidrmmr, thegreatone, markcasq

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
Re: Thread locked due to redundancy
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
You could have PM'd me if you wanted to complain about the locked thread; but if you want it out in the open I will give you my reasons here to share:

I locked the thread you posted because after reading it I simply keyed in your inquiry "sound proofing" and it brought me a lot of threads regarding the topic. I want to teach and encourage our forumers to take advantage of this very powerful tool, the search function;instead of always spoon feeding  infos that are easily attainable. We understand when newbies post a new thread asking for something that already exists but we do try to encourage more from our frequent members such as you sir royalletones. Please be patient with the system down time and errors of the search function, the admins and mods are doing their best to resolve the matter due to several factors which we are trying to handle.

Re. the "lets see those cymbals"

If you did go through the threads I created you would come across my reason for creating separate threads; organization. If we were to combine all related topics under a wide and general thread it would be hard to associate specific questions and interests. They could just create a drum thread in the AGT forum and talk of everything about drums there but they did not, they made specific forums for easier information management.

Re. "di lahat is computer-literated or masipag basahin yung lahat ng content ng website.."

It does not take a computer-literate to make use of the search function. The fact that you were able to make an email account and register at this talkboard makes you literate enough to make use of such facilities.

If we do not have the interest and patience to read then this talkboard would be absurd.

I am simply giving you my reasons, don't take it as if I am attacking you. I am simply encouraging people to make better use of our beloved Philmusic.

I hope you understand, Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:48:23 PM by Akira JUMBO »
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
I love you guys!! Hehehe!!! :mrgreen:
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »
I have to concur with bro Akira Jimbo.  He clearly explained things, and I don't need to further add.

Just think of it as the forum's way of encouraging us to become more diligent, instead of being spoon-fed.

As forum mods, bro Akira Jumbo and I have locked plenty of redundant forums, merged lots of duplicate or related topics, edited "out" posts, and cited numerous warnings for disregarding forum rules.  But thankfully, majority of Pinoydrums' participants are civil, understanding, and cooperative enough to go on and continue enjoying the online discussions.  And we simply want to maintain the Pinoydrums forum as organized as possible.

Akira Jumbo and I are just doing our duties.  It's nothing personal.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:47:16 PM by drumster »

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
I love you guys!! Hehehe!!! :mrgreen:

+ 1,000,000  :-)

Offline cavsdieagram

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »
You could have PM'd me if you wanted to complain about the locked thread

+1  :-)

Please be patient with the system down time and errors of the search function, the admins and mods are doing their best to resolve the matter due to several factors which we are trying to handle.

Tama!!! haaay nakakarelate ako dito...tsk, ang hirap pong maging admin ha... hindi basta basta ang pagresolve ng mga problems like this...Patience nalang sana...  :-)
"Drums ay buhay" -bord

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:45:27 AM »
^ Thanks for sharing the same sentiments, bro!  If only you guys can try our moderator duties for, say, a week or a few days, so that you'll understand how hard it can be at times.  And Akira Jumbo and I are just Mods.  What more pa kung Admin or Global Mod or the website owner?  Patience is a virtue...  :-)