hulika

Author Topic: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.  (Read 30235 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:56 PM »
Ok, I've played it a couple of times.  It's James Hetfield's voice.  It's not the same as before.  Nasan na yung bitaw nya?  Parang pigil na ngayon, alaga na rin siguro.  Pero ok lang, enjoy pa rin pakinggan.

I'm not digging Broken, Beat, & Scarred though.  "What don't kill you make you more strong????!"  WTF!!  Parang commercial ng vitamins eh..   :|
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2008, 01:18:42 PM »
Much better album than St. Anger which I find it as total crap. This one sounds good and sounds like god ol' metallica. M not really a big fan of metallica I'm more on to megadeth but I listen to their songs and I collect their album. I was expecting na remake and remodified version nanaman ung Unforgiven III but it was not. But it sounds ok naman. :)
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:44 PM »
one of my posts here.. sabi ko hindi ko madig yung the day that never comes... but now now its lurking behind my head and find myself humming with the melody :). i rest my case

Offline karlo

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
There's been a lot of complaints about the mixing and mastering of the album. It's overcompressed daw. But it's Metallica man. It's meant to be played loud. And Justice For All... was terribly mastered but it's still a classic.
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline ron21

• Veteran Member
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »
Metallica will always be Metallica kahit sino pa ang bassist!!!!

YEAH!!!!  :evil:

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »
There's been a lot of complaints about the mixing and mastering of the album. It's overcompressed daw. But it's Metallica man. It's meant to be played loud. And Justice For All... was terribly mastered but it's still a classic.

Dude, IMO, there is a difference between "playing it loud" and 'leaving it loud".  And DM was left to be loud, and just that.  Clipping is so obvious in all the songs. 

I OWN THE VOLUME KNOB. 

Statistically, Death Magnetic is quadrupled louder (6dB RMS louder) than Master Of Puppets.  But if that makes my speakers sound like they're blown, then I am more than willing to hear them much softer and turn up the volume knob.

AJFA was not terribly mastered.  IT WAS MIXED TERRIBLY with much hate to Jason Newsted.  Hence the mud to compensate for Jason's 'disappearance' in the mix.

Offline karlo

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2008, 11:38:33 PM »
Dude, IMO, there is a difference between "playing it loud" and 'leaving it loud".  And DM was left to be loud, and just that.  Clipping is so obvious in all the songs. 

Hmmm thinking about it, that's a good point... I agree. I wonder if this is terribly important to all of those here singing praises for DM though.

And I meant to say mixing dun sa AJFA comment...  :oops: I was pretty hammered last night.

Goes to show that in the final analysis, it's not overly critical listening that decides the place of an album in history, but the emotional resonance of the album as a suite of songs. Tunog lata yung drums sa AJFA for example, and I don't know if that was intended, but it's still a hard hitter anyhow.
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
Yes! Guys para sa mga medyo hindi satisfied sa mixing ng album, may ngrip na nung Death Magnetic GH3 Version.. para sa mga gusto idownload here's the link:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1837191

It's 320kbps and you can really here the difference when it comes to the loudness..Im a bit disappointed though kasi i have a copy of the album i bought last week and this GH3 version is way much better, so kung they will remix Death Magnetic and sell it again with the sounds of the GH3 version or even much better, i still won't hesitate in buying it! Nyahahaha

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2008, 04:12:42 AM »
heard the GH3 version, and yeah its way more cleaner than the album version.
i would go for the album version, mejo nawala yung "live vibe nung material", it has more life to it na parang gusto mong manuntok na pader habang pinapakinggan mo. GH3 is fine anyways :), you could definitely tell the difference, say 'load' era clean.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:14:48 AM by smutdrummer »

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2008, 04:17:51 AM »
listening closely on the vocals, may mga parts na iba yung pgkakanta ni hetfield first heard  on 'the end of the line' sa GH3

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »
Finally, 2 weeks akong pinaghintay nito.. hahahaha, limited edition Metallica Death Magnetic in DigiPak.

I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:44 PM »
^ waw ganda ah magkano bili mo nyan sir?

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
^ waw ganda ah magkano bili mo nyan sir?

1.3k bro.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2008, 12:28:35 PM »
MAHAL...

hanggang picture na lang ako... sige thanks sa info. :-(

Offline ulie23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
Finally, 2 weeks akong pinaghintay nito.. hahahaha, limited edition Metallica Death Magnetic in DigiPak.

san mo nabili? online? thanks.

Offline khelbanzon

« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
a lot better than st. anger.. the songs will be tough to play live for them..  :-D

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »
Panterica, saan mo nai-score yan?

Thanks!

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
@ulie23 and qroon

sa metallica store, pwede mabili pag member ka ng metallica club.

reycantong

« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
Sits between master of puppets and ...and justice for all. Definitely one of their best. I love all the songs. Dami nagsasabing negative against death magnetic. Pero sino ba ang mas kritiko pa sa music ng metallica kundi sila din mismo. Hetfield is very proud of the outcome, at siya ang may authority dun. Long live metallica...

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2008, 11:07:34 PM »
haven't owned one yet...
but heard most of the songs from a music store..astig!

we can now trully say... they're back!

:-)
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »
Yup Metallica's back! :evil:
I saw em at Ozzfest last summer lang!
Hebigats, they blew every band that day.

I think this was their first appearance this year before they released DM. I thought Metallica showed everybody who's the king that day! :evil:
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline clay005

« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »
metallica is back? ha? ok ba kau? san ba cla galing?

Maraming banda nagigigng successful dahil sa mga mind creating stuff nila. Pag ang isang banda gumawa ng ginawa na nila nung una, ano pa challenge dun?

cge nga nasaan ba ang LAMB OF GODS na yan? pati ung Avenge sevenfold na yan? hindi nga cla maka platinum sa albums nila. kasi wlang pinag kaiba sa mga na una nilang album.

Kahit ang megadave? naku wla man lang sa kalahati ng na benta ng metallica.

gusto ko kasi sa metallica lagi nilang challenge ang sarili nila. gusto nila may bagong tunog sila. At sinabi ni hetfield nun na ayaw nilang matawag na ang music nila is trash but metallica music.

Common on guys pag naging successful na kau sa mga banda nyo. maiisip nyo na kailangan nyo ng bagong tunog na gagawin.

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2009, 09:19:20 AM »
kick ass pa rin ang Death Magnetic :)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »
Astig ng bagong video!  Fresh on channel v, good choice din na ginawa nila yung favorite ko sa death magnetic.  All Nightmare Long!!  Kung ano kinapanget ng The Day That Never Comes, ganun naman kalupit yung bago.  Abangan kung di pa napapanood.   :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2009, 02:33:52 AM »
i already got a copy and I'm still not happy with what their playing I still like the old metallica tunes way back in the eighties unforgiven 3!? i think it's unforgivable that they have to create another song with that title sad but true.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.