hulika

Author Topic: Pinoy Guitarist EB sa CA USA  (Read 45615 times)

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pinoy Guitarist EB sa CA USA
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2006, 11:25:05 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
OO nga!! musta naman ang tugtugan? anong song ni jam mo with 'em rednecks?

Syempre either Hoedown o Hootenanny. Sayang hindi nakunan yung tumutugtog ng jug, yun pa naman ang favorite backing instrument ko. Heeeeehaaaw!
Joke lang Boss Phil.
 :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2006, 12:45:31 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: BP_Lizard
Heehaw! Well lookit all them rednecks! :lol:

Hahaha!!! Kaliangan palang sumama ako next time para may kakaibang kulay naman sa jam eb nyo, hehe!

Si phil pala proffesional jam eb-er na, eh. Dami ng tao, a. Ang gaganda ng gamit. Bakit isa lang ang picture mo? Dapat ikaw ang star. Pede bang sumama kahit walang Cavin gear? Sama nalang ako pag nakuha ko na yung V3 tsaka yong CT, hehe.
Di naman..I'm in some of the pictures pero nakayuko or back view...I was having problems with my tubes sa first part sa jam.....star? you know me...I don't really let loose unless I feel relaxed ....awkward pa kasi eh...first time ko sa bash na yon....although friendly silang lahat...they wanted you to try out there gear.....super ganda mga gamit pre

...dalawa lang kaming MODERN guitar players don...most of them are into BLUES....okay lang....ride lang kaming dalawa ng friend ko. But we did one Vai song na jinam namin.

Dan and BArt, next time you guys can come with me....you say you own one of my Carvin amp para you can join...you need to have at least one CArvin gear to join the group.....sila lahat ADDICT sa Carvin. :D
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2006, 01:54:08 AM »
uhhh...i have 2 carvin a/b switches....does that count? sama din ako! eheheh
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2006, 05:33:40 AM »
[/quote]Di naman..I'm in some of the pictures pero nakayuko or back view...I was having problems with my tubes sa first part sa jam.....star? you know me...I don't really let loose unless I feel relaxed ....awkward pa kasi eh...first time ko sa bash na yon....although friendly silang lahat...they wanted you to try out there gear.....super ganda mga gamit pre

...dalawa lang kaming MODERN guitar players don...most of them are into BLUES....okay lang....ride lang kaming dalawa ng friend ko. But we did one Vai song na jinam namin.

Dan and BArt, next time you guys can come with me....you say you own one of my Carvin amp para you can join...you need to have at least one CArvin gear to join the group.....sila lahat ADDICT sa Carvin. :D[/quote]

So htat means loose and at ease ka na nung nagjam tayo. Nag let loose ka na at the first drop of the note. Nag take lead, yeah!

Pede bang magdala nalang ako ng Carvin sticker or yong catalog nila, hehe?

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »
Quote from: markflo
uhhh...i have 2 carvin a/b switches....does that count? sama din ako! eheheh

I can get a Carvin shirt... :?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »
Kayo naman o....you guys can come with me....just pretend na Carvin freak din kayo.....si Mark...tell them how excited and awesome your A/B box ....si stratman...tell them how you like the fit and the style of the shirt...tell them it makes your body muscular and all the girls say , " your hot.". 8)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:53 PM »
BTW... boys ...you guys didn't know Sonny and I met in another forum and did this...this is our first jam.

BTW..Sonny is in Sunny Amsterdam.....hehehe

....here's a Jeff Beck jam I did with Sonny a long time ago......it's "Cause We've Ended As Lovers". from Blow By Blow 1978 Jeff Beck album

I was closing my eyes and feeling this.....hehehheee..bwahahahahaha..

...remember this Sonny?

here's the sequence:
Phillip 0:00 - 1:47
Sonny 1:48 - 3:50
Phillip 3:50 - ending

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WBXFZ64K

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »
Quote from: Phil
BTW... boys ...you guys didn't know Sonny and I met in another forum and did this...this is our first jam.

....here's a Jeff Beck jam I did with Sonny a long time ago......it's "Cause We've Ended As Lovers". from Blow By Blow 1978 Jeff Beck album

...remember this Sonny?

here's the sequence:

Man.... Bosses Phil and SRV... you guys are the MEN!!! Gleng gleng! Hanep. Bilib ako! Medyo naiyak nga ako lalo na ng lumabas yong wah, masarap na masakit, haha :lol: .

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2006, 02:31:47 PM »
Galeeeeeeeeng!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
thanks mga repapeeps. :wink:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2006, 01:28:07 AM »

...remember this Sonny?

here's the sequence:

hehe op kors i remember... i sucked at it nga e...this was the song where i realized na madami pa ko practice hours na gugugulin para mapantayan man lang si Phil...
but heck it was fun and challenging!
thanks for listening BP and Stratman

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2006, 01:53:22 AM »

...remember this Sonny?

here's the sequence:

hehe op kors i remember... i sucked at it nga e...this was the song where i realized na madami pa ko practice hours na gugugulin para mapantayan man lang si Phil...

Hey, man. I'm always happy to here good works of art.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2006, 01:57:07 AM »
[/qoute]hehe op kors i remember... i sucked at it nga e...this was the song where i realized na madami pa ko practice hours na gugugulin para mapantayan man lang si Phil...
thanks for listening BP and Stratman[/quote]

By the way, you didn't suck. As "CONFUSED-ME" would say, "you were just in a different plateu of your guitar expertise, hehe :p [/quote]

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2006, 02:36:29 AM »

...remember this Sonny?

here's the sequence:

Importante you had fun...plus you're just rusty dude....keep on playing and everything will come back (just riding a bicycle ekanga)
since may RG550 limited kana...magpractice ka na to be a shredder. Pero you shouldn't have traded in your US strat (sayang) for that.....you could have bought a cheap gio and mod it out , like mine.(just a friendly suggestion) :wink:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2006, 02:46:16 AM »

Importante you had fun...plus you're just rusty dude....keep on playing and everything will come back (just riding a bicycle ekanga)
since may RG550 limited kana...magpractice ka na to be a shredder. Pero you shouldn't have traded in your US strat (sayang) for that.....you could have bought a cheap gio and mod it out , like mine.(just a friendly suggestion) :wink:

phil talaga, OUCH!!! wag mo ng ipaalala..im enjoying the RG though...and baka naman me mga tips ka dyan like lessons on how to get me started on being a semi shredder...
isa pang interested akong matutunan now is yung walking basslines, parang jazz..but i think im pushing my luck too much hehe.

By the way, you didn't suck. As "CONFUSED-ME" would say, "you were just in a different plateu of your guitar expertise, hehe

Stratman, Dude, I always like the way you look at things...ang galing talaga ng perspective moe :)

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »
What!!!???? :shock:  You traded your US STRAT for an RG550 #-o ??? Don't get me wrong. I would love to have a shredding guitar like RG550 or boss' Phil's VAI but trading your US STRAT is, to me, a BLASPHOMY!!! That was an UN-HOLY action :madstick: . Kinda makes me cry :cry:  I hope you went to church and confessed this sinfull act to your local PADRE-PHILE,  :twisted: ehe! Hahaha!!!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2006, 03:04:35 AM »
I guess, like what "CONFUSED-ME" said before, "one man's junk is another man's treasure". If that's your junk, then, I'd be your basorero anytime :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2006, 03:53:02 AM »

phil talaga, OUCH!!! wag mo ng ipaalala..im enjoying the RG though...and baka naman me mga tips ka dyan like lessons on how to get me started on being a semi shredder...
isa pang interested akong matutunan now is yung walking basslines, parang jazz..but i think im pushing my luck too much hehe.

By the way, you didn't suck. As "CONFUSED-ME" would say, "you were just in a different plateu of your guitar expertise, hehe

Stratman, Dude, I always like the way you look at things...ang galing talaga ng perspective moe :)
dude just review your scales and work on speed picking with a metronome (I don't hehehe). Then some sweeping....use your wrist when you speed pick....what else....don't mute your sweeps....use the neck pickup in sweeps para mas round sounding you notes.....don't overdo speed picking and sweeps...apply it in tasteful and moderate places in solos or songs......since pareho tayo ng taste...ala blues shredder....like Joe Satch.

...jazz.....yeah...I'm also trying to figure it out...especially those funny sounding scales nina Holdsworth and other progressive jazz players. I'm experimenting more on cleaner tone though for that type of music. Although I when I jam in a jazz groove...I am so melodic in the long run maging blues. hehehehehe. ...can't help it....melodic na melodic ako eh. :wink:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2006, 04:37:43 AM »
You know what helped me when I was trying to learn guitar was the book by Fredrick Noad. He had a local access channel show many years ago. It really helped me a lot. Mostly classical but will give you excercises that will work your bass runs and contrasting melodies. It also helped me understand how to read music sheet. Not that I'm a fast note reader or anything like that but it forced me to read because he doesn't use any tabs. All strictly straight, tradiotional music sheet. It will work your disciplene.

Aso... whatever Phil suggested to do, do them. They really work! I saw the fruit of his labor in action. It was like watching Satch and Vai morphed into one super guitarist :P , hehe. If Satch and Vai had a baby, it will be Phil,  :lol: !!!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2006, 04:59:45 AM »
They really work! I saw the fruit of his labor in action. It was like watching Satch and Vai morphed into one super guitarist :P , hehe. If Satch and Vai had a baby, it will be Phil,  :lol: !!!
bwahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2006, 05:14:17 AM »
What!!!???? :shock:  You traded your US STRAT for an RG550 #-o ??? Don't get me wrong. I would love to have a shredding guitar like RG550 or boss' Phil's VAI but trading your US STRAT is, to me, a BLASPHOMY!!! That was an UN-HOLY action :madstick: . Kinda makes me cry :cry:  I hope you went to church and confessed this sinfull act to your local PADRE-PHILE,  :twisted: ehe! Hahaha!!!

stratman, hehe oo e.. i had a strat to spare..di ko naman ginagamit yung strat na yun so i traded it to a guitar na magagamit ko...dont worry, i still have 3 strats left...i havent left the strat fold :)

Phil, thanks sa tip!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2006, 05:28:56 AM »
Sonny check your YM

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2006, 05:30:52 AM »
Ikaw pala ang true "STRATMAN" :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2006, 05:34:19 AM »
Ikaw pala ang true "STRATMAN" :D
nasa trabaho ka ngayon meng? nakalog-in ako sa YM ko in case.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »
So when's our next JAM EB?