hulika

Author Topic: JIMMY PAGE!!!!  (Read 31630 times)

Offline timmy page

JIMMY PAGE!!!!
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »
WLA LNG GUYS DI KO NA TALAGA MAPIGILAN ANG SARILI KO SA PAG HANGA KAY JIMMY PAGE!!

SIMPLY THE BEST!!

ANG GALING NYA GUMAWA NG MELODIES NG KANTA MAPA ROCK MAN O SLOW SAD SONG!!

"As a true musical virtuoso, Mr. Page has been a pioneer for all guitarists who have followed. The beauty and complexity of his compositions and performances produce an emotion in the listener emanating from the very depths of ones soul. Many guitarists have attempted to duplicate his sound but fail miserably. He and the other extremely talented members of Led Zeppelin composed and performed without limits. Jimmy Page is and probably always will be the greatest guitar player ever.”

“He’s the Alpha and the Omega

-ZOSO-
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:54:25 PM by timmy page »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: JIMMY PAGE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:45:25 PM »
hehe text speak, edit mo na bro  :-D

idol ko din yan, sloppy player lang,  :mrgreen:

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »
yep he is a sloppy player but i guess thats what other people like about him :-D

i like him as well, he's my first guitar hero astig eh and i think his studio recording techniques are great as well

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:31:13 AM »
ooppss bawal text speak bro :-D
any ways i grew up along with mr page's tune playing over our house my dad was a big led zep fan
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »
Jimi Hendrix was a sloppy player but everyone loves him. Kaya ako natatawa sa mga shredder. Eh ano ngayon kung kayo mo mag sweep ng malinis? May emotion ba?

Jimi, Jimmy Page, Clapton and others were very sloppy but had real emotion into their playing. Jimmy Page is the reason why I bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
Jimi Hendrix was a sloppy player but everyone loves him. Kaya ako natatawa sa mga shredder. Eh ano ngayon kung kayo mo mag sweep ng malinis? May emotion ba?
Jimi, Jimmy Page, Clapton and others were very sloppy but had real emotion into their playing. Jimmy Page is the reason why I bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

RIGHT ON DUDE!!! FAVE ko yang si Page! nung high school pinagtyagaan kong zifrahin yung "Heartbreaker" niya, wala pang tabs at instructional videos nuon...tengahan lang talaga. pinaka gusto kong blues niya yung "Since I've been lovin' you", sarap din nung ad lib niya sa live ng "No Quarter". ako rin nagkaroon ng LP dahil kay Page... truly one of the masters!

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »

RIGHT ON DUDE!!! FAVE ko yang si Page! nung high school pinagtyagaan kong zifrahin yung "Heartbreaker" niya, wala pang tabs at instructional videos nuon...tengahan lang talaga. pinaka gusto kong blues niya yung "Since I've been lovin' you", sarap din nung ad lib niya sa live ng "No Quarter". ako rin nagkaroon ng LP dahil kay Page... truly one of the masters!

Nabuo ko yung Heartbreaker at Fool In The Rain solo niya last month lang. Talagang hindi ako tumingin sa tabs. :lol: Pero yung Fool In The Rain iba tunog kasi naka-Blue Box siya dun eh gamit ko lang OC-3.

Offline gutz_3110

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »
bat ganun? i never considered jimmy page as a sloppy player?  :?

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 11:19:18 AM »

YMMV.

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »

"Since I've been loving you" is my all time favorite led zep song. grabe sa emotion. parang umiiyak si page habang  nagguiguitara!! hehe :o may time na halos araw araw akong nakinig ng ledzep for mga 6 months, di pa rin ako nagsasawa hanggang ngayon :D
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
galing ng improvisation ni page...
kaya tingin ko mahirap gayahin talaga mga players ng classic rock... kaya nga naging classic  :mrgreen:

you can copy every note pero hindi pa rin ikaw yan... at iba pa rin pag sila nag execute, at sa kanila nanggaling  :-D

at hindi lang magaling, gwafings pa... ayy  :evil:

Offline Zoran

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
Marami kase syang "sabet" na notes lalo na sa mga live concerts... :-D

(Pero idol ko pa rin sya). 8-)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
"Since I've been loving you" is my all time favorite led zep song. grabe sa emotion. parang umiiyak si page habang  nagguiguitara!! hehe :o may time na halos araw araw akong nakinig ng ledzep for mga 6 months, di pa rin ako nagsasawa hanggang ngayon :D
Count me in on that song.

Idol talaga 'to.  Pero mas gusto ko yung fact na magaling sya dumiskarte para sa banda nya.  I like how led zep OWNS the press during their time.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »
"SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU"...mismo nga...

"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »
WLA LNG GUYS DI KO NA TALAGA MAPIGILAN ANG SARILI KO SA PAG HANGA KAY JIMMY PAGE!!

SIMPLY THE BEST!!

"As a true musical virtuoso, Mr. Page has been a pioneer for all guitarists who have followed. The beauty and complexity of his compositions and performances produce an emotion in the listener emanating from the very depths of ones soul. Many guitarists have attempted to duplicate his sound but fail miserably. He and the other extremely talented members of Led Zeppelin composed and performed without limits. Jimmy Page is and probably always will be the greatest guitar player ever.”

“He’s the Alpha and the Omega"

-ZOSO-

Page is one of the best guitar player who walked this earth... but the title "ALPHA & OMEGA" only belongs to the Divine Creator.

Back when EC was so hot w/ Cream, graffiti of "Clapton is God" was all over the walls of London. Eric said he doesn't deserve to be compared w/ his creator.

At the hight of their fame, John Lennon said the Beatles is more famous than Jesus Christ... we all know what happened to him in NYC.

my point? you don't have to be smart to get it. PEACE!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »

SIMPLY THE BEST!!

“He’s the Alpha and the Omega"

-ZOSO-

Page is one of the best guitar player who walked this earth... but the title "ALPHA & OMEGA" only belongs to the Divine Creator.

Back when EC was so hot w/ Cream, graffiti of "Clapton is God" was all over the walls of London. Eric said he doesn't deserve to be compared w/ his creator.

At the hight of their fame, John Lennon said the Beatles is more famous than Jesus Christ... we all know what happened to him in NYC.

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 04:58:45 PM »

Lol. Don't bring religion into this. If he wants to call Page alpha and omega so be it. If I want to call myself the alpha and omega let us be. Page is divine and Clapton is God.

Offline timmy page

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »
tnx greenweenie!! un din ang gus2 kong sabhin ehh ^^

kung ako sa kanya dun na lng sya sa christian guitarist thread ^^

may mapapala pa sya dun

peace din !! :3

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »

mga repa, check out the thread : the Yardbirds guitar riffs (na shock ako). Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck on twin lead guitars... nuon pa man "heavy" na talaga si Page, Tele pa gamit nya nun... actually yung 1st 3 albums ng Led Zep, Tele gamit niya... pati yung gtr solo sa Stairway, Tele rin ginamit niya sa recording.

Pag clinick mo yung link sa you tube dun sa Yardbirds thread, meron dun 14 years old palang si Page nagi gig na siya, Rakenroll na tugtugan niya katorse palang siya kaya malupit talaga... idol din siya ni Van Halen, may nabasa kong interview na pinapasok si VH sa kwarto ni Page sa Hotel na may tugtog siya, parang bata si VH na excited siya makita kung ano mga personal na gamit ni Page... sobrang bow siya kay Page. sino ba naman ang hindi, lalo na ng pumutok yung sineng "Song Remains the Same"... apat na beses ko pinanood yun! tapos nag ipon nako para makabili ng Les Paul. kahit Raon copy lang basta mag mukang Page... tapos ininsist ko sa banda na pyesahin namin yung Heartbreaker, Rock & Roll, Blackdog at siempre yung Since I've been luvin' you...
dalawang buwan na zifrahan yun...

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »
Count me in on that song.

Idol talaga 'to.  Pero mas gusto ko yung fact na magaling sya dumiskarte para sa banda nya. I like how led zep OWNS the press during their time.

it was actually Peter Grant, Zep's manager who is a master in dealing w/ the press. He also managed a lot of great bands & established Swan Song records, w/c gave Led Zep financial & artistic control of their craft...

eto mga repa, share ko lang ni research ko about the "5th" man of Led Zep...

The Led Zeppelin era

Main article: Led Zeppelin

In 1968 The Yardbirds dissolved, with all band members departing except guitarist Jimmy Page, who promptly set about constructing a new group consisting of himself, Robert Plant, John Bonham and John Paul Jones. Originally dubbed the "New Yardbirds," the group became known as Led Zeppelin, with Grant assuming the position as their manager. His trust and loyalty to Led Zeppelin was such that his managerial arrangement with the band was via a gentlemen's agreement.

Grant has been described as "one of the shrewdest and most ruthless managers in rock history," and it is doubtful whether Led Zeppelin would have been as successful without him as their manager.[3] He negotiated the group's sizable five-year record contract with Atlantic Records, and his business philosophy would eventually pay off for the label. Grant strongly believed that bands could make more money, and have more artistic merit, by focusing their efforts on albums rather than singles. Live performances were deemed more important than television appearances – if one wanted to see Led Zeppelin, one had to experience one of their performances.

Led Zeppelin's success in the United States can party be credited to Grant's keen sense of U.S. audiences and the vast underground movement that was sweeping the country.

Under Grant's stewardship, by far the majority of Led Zeppelin concerts were performed in the United States, resulting in massive profits for the group. Grant ensured that the vast bulk of ticket profits wound up in the hands of the band rather than in the hands of promoters and booking agents. He is reported to have secured 90% of gate money from concerts performed by the band.

Grant sometimes took extraordinary measures to combat the practice of live bootleg recordings at Led Zeppelin concerts. He is reported to have personally visited record stores in London which were selling Led Zeppelin bootlegs and demanded all copies be handed over. He also monitored the crowd at Led Zeppelin concerts so as to locate anything which resembled bootleg recording equipment. At one concert at Vancouver in 1971 he saw what he thought was recording equipment on the floor of the venue and personally ensured that the equipment be destroyed, only to find out later that the equipment was a noise pollution unit being operated by city officials to test the volume of the concert.

Grant was instrumental in setting up Led Zeppelin's publishing company, Superhype Music, in 1968. In 1974, he was also the driving force in establishing Swan Song Records, which gave Led Zeppelin further financial and artistic control over its products. He also managed Bad Company and Maggie Bell, who were signed to the label. In 1975, Grant turned down a lucrative offer to manage Queen. When he was once questioned on what was the single most important thing a manager could say, Grant's response was "Know when to say 'no'." In 1977, he was asked by Colonel Tom Parker to manage a proposed concert tour of Europe by Elvis Presley, but Elvis died on August 16, 1977, just as negotiations had commenced.
Page has described Grant as groundbreaking in his style of management, explaining that:
“   Peter had changed the dynamic that existed between bands, managers and promoters. He was a superb, canny manager.
”

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »

+1!   :wink:

But you gotta admire them for having acquired such exceptional skill (exceptional in a way)

Pero playing in Page's way is something else, di lang basta basta maacquire sa practice, you got to have the "heart"  :-)
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline timmy page

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 09:57:19 PM »
yo jimy james!!  saludo ako sayoo!!  ayos ka chong!! ganda talga ng zeppelin music!! grabe chalenging zifrahin!! hooooo!!

dami ko na nakapa so far!! yahooo!!

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »
yo jimy james!!  saludo ako sayoo!!  ayos ka chong!! ganda talga ng zeppelin music!! grabe chalenging zifrahin!! hooooo!!

Lol. Jimmy James was one of the aliases Hendrix used in the Chittlin' Circuit.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

para sakin, ang pinaka mahirap sa lahat ng pyesa ng Zep ay yung "Rain Song". dalawang taon ko yata zinifra yun ( wala pang ultimate guitar tabs ng high school ako  eh )... nung nag aral nalang ako ng Classical guitar sa peyups tsaka ko na figure out yung correct fingering at right hand technique.

Tapos after 20 years may nakita kong tabs ng rain song, sus ginoo... naka open tuning pala! pero trinanscribe nalang yun, kasi sa "Live" hindi naman naka open tuning yung gitara ni Page eh...

isa pang masarap adliban yung "No Quarter". medio "Dark" yung pyesa na yun... medieval at eerie yung dating ng melody, but Page still manages to squeeze in some tasty blues licks on his solo. ganun siya kagaling...

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »
Hanep yan.. idol ko din siya.. panahon pa ng mga adik kung tiyuhin nadidinig ko na mga plaka nila.. (turn table pa gamit ) Hanggang ngayon bumili pa ako ng album ng ledzep para lang mapakinggan ko ulit ang mga magagandang melodies at guitar riffs ni idol..
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw