hulika

Author Topic: What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?  (Read 15965 times)

Offline rimshot601

Re: What If The Beatles Was Born In This Era Will They Make It?
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
malaking problema to...

paradox kumbaga. kung wala ang beatles before wala siguro 50% ng music as we know it today, they were GREATLY influential is an understatement.

:roll: ....a typical teenybopper's assumption.

Just because you listen to and like Beatles music doesn't mean you're a "pop rocker" or just listen to "pop rock".

Jazz musicians listen to the Beatles. Classical musicians listen to the Beatles.

They transcend genres.

Maybe some of them have heard the beatles. but you can't assume that they all listened.
There's humor in irony...
~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
Re: What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »
Grow up? Baka ikaw ang totoy pa lang sa pagtugtog ng instrumento mo, teenybopper?  :lol:

LOL! Trolling alert. Hijo, pakipost naman sa YouTube ang mala-virtuoso mong performance. Baka sakaling ma-influence kami.  :lol:

Oh, and before that Hijo, please justify these "OVERZEALOUS" statements of yours. :lol:

at uso lang ngayon ang beatlesque music dahil sa eraserheads.

but i believe they have not influenced any other particular genre except pop music, or pop rock.

Tapos pakisagot na rin ito.

Like which bands? Boys like Girls? Alesana? Lito Camo? Chicosci? Cueshe? Six Cycle Mind? Yung Greyhoundz ba, Beatlesque? Slapshock? Pero teka, ano nga ba ang 'uso' ngayon? :-D

O ayan ha. Inisa-isa ko na. Baka magbulag-bulagan ka na naman at magpost ka na lang ng "OVERZEALOUS" comments.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline working class hero

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
...ALL WE NEED IS LOVE....ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE... PEACE TAYO :-D

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
Nah! overrated naman, 50% ?? POP music siguro, oo. Ngayon lang kasi nauuso ulit yung temang Beatles dahil ginaya sila ng Eraserheads at nag gayahan naman lahat ng mga banda ngayon.

Paano naman sina Jimmy Hendrix, Black Sabbath, James Brown, Rey Charles, Bob Marley, Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Pantera, Andrew E, Francis M, Yoyoy Villame, Vincent Dapalong, April boy at Madam Auring?  :-P  :lol:

sir ang sabi ko is wala SIGURO ang 50% ng Music. that's just my opinion. at laging USO ang beatles sir IMHO, di dahil sa eraserheads.

hehehehe
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »
pare, the beatles may have influenced some musicians, ie. to play instruments, play rock & roll, etc. but i believe they have not influenced any other particular genre except pop music, or pop rock. Rock & roll already existed, and it's a fact that it didn't originated from the beatles. So, claiming that 50% of music today are credited to them is absolutely wrong. You must consider other genre, not pop music alone.
Beatles is pop. That's a fact.

sir try to listen to Revolver, Sgt. peppers, Let it Be, The Beatles (White Album) and Abbey Road then decide for yourself kung pop sya :)
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 01:41:20 PM »
para at least may idea tayo kung sino yugn na influence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_have_covered_the_Beatles
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »
para at least may idea tayo kung sino yugn na influence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_have_covered_the_Beatles

huwaw!!!! +100000000!!! di pala sila mashadong influencial no sir!!!???

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
nice insights...but to clarify, stuart sutcliffe was no longer with the beatles when he passed away.  he had voluntarily quit the band to focus on painting.  and as per what i've read, he wasn't much of a bassist anyway...he was a gifted painter who decided to join the beatles to add a more brooding dimension to his persona.  and while it is arguable that pete best got sacked because he got more attention from the female fans, it was more of an issue with his drumming skills...

Just wanna share something about Pete Best. ;) I suggest try to grab a copy of the DVD documentary of "BEST of The Beatles", this was released about 2 years ago, and for the first time, you will be hearing Pete Best's side of the story, including the Beatles early years, their Hamburg days, and of course the ever controversial sacking of Best from the Beatles line-up just before they signed up formally with a major label.

If you loved the other documentary, "The Beatles Anthology DVD", you will also appreciate this, since it was patterned after the Anthology DVD itself, the concept and all, it is almost like a a prequel of the Beatles Anthology documentary.

But this time, you'll be hearing Pete Best's old and recent interviews airing his side of the story finally, after decades of being silent on the matter. It includes other interviews from some of the relevant figures in the Beatles story such as Cynthia Lennon ( ex-wife of John and a friend of Pete Best as well), Astrid Kircherr ( Stu's fiance during that time, and the one responsible for the moptop hairs that the group would later adopt, she's old now of course ) one of the Beatles' early managers when they were just starting, some of the Beatles' early groupies as well, and a lot more, all giving their take on the Beatles early years and the real reason why Pete Best was eliminated by the other 3 and replaced him with Ringo.

Some of the facts that I learned from the disc is that after being sacked, there were no attempts from the other 3 to get in touch with him, to at least explain why, or to at least make peace with him, after all these years. Hanggang sa nakamatayan na ni John at George. Also, they were really good friends then, which made the sacking more painful to him at first. And that I can conclude after watching it, that The Beatles would never have been signed up by a major label if Pete Best never joined the band at the start. Because they gained popularity in the underground with Best as the drummer, if not for that popularity then, a major label or a Brian Epstien would never have shown interest in the group.

You would also get a chance to see Ringo Starr in some recent clips while watching Pete Best perform with his touring band, after years of inactivity from the music scene he is back drumming again with his own band playing mostly Beatles covers ( not Beatles songs but their cover songs of their own heroes, when He, together with John, Paul, George & Stu were just starting and playing in clubs ). Oh by the way, I got my copy from Quiapo.hehe. I don't think they released the original here in Manila.

But another thing I can say after watching this DVD is that, Pete Best was not eliminated from the group because of his drumming skills. Because he was good, as per the testimonies of the other Beatles key figures on the disc. It is somewhat pesonal. And seeing him without any traces of bitterness and anger towards the other three now makes me admire the man more. Pete Best. The one man who, by a hair, missed the opportunity to become legendary just like what his former close friends have become.

For more info, here's link on the disc
: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Beatles-Pete/dp/B000A8AWVE

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:32:08 PM by skywalker »

Offline rimshot601

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »
LOL! Trolling alert. Hijo, pakipost naman sa YouTube ang mala-virtuoso mong performance. Baka sakaling ma-influence kami.  :lol:

Oh, and before that Hijo, please justify these "OVERZEALOUS" statements of yours. :lol:

Tapos pakisagot na rin ito.

O ayan ha. Inisa-isa ko na. Baka magbulag-bulagan ka na naman at magpost ka na lang ng "OVERZEALOUS" comments.

Haha! You don't know who you're talking to, Teenybopper.  :lol:

..teenybopper...haha!

~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
Haha! You don't know who you're talking to, Teenybopper.  :lol:

..teenybopper...haha!

Hey guys, let's just stick to the topic ok? Peace na tayo lahat. Off topic na 'to eh. Does'nt make sense anymore. Let's just respect each other's opinions. Wala na sanang below the belt na mga hirit. I'm sure we are all grown ups here.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »
I'm sure we are all grown ups here.

Unfortunately, NOT all are grown-ups here.  Mas pipiliin na lang NIYA mang-troll kaysa magpost ng SENSIBLE statements. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the end, what we all got from this IDIOTIC troll were:

1. When you listen to The Beatles, you become a "pop rocker."
2. When you post your own take on the issue, you already become an "OVERZEALOUS pop rocker." 
3. When you try to make sense of things, you become a "teenybopper."

WTF?!  :lol:

Give it up, Hijo. And please, for your own sake, GROW UP.  :lol:

PS
May utang ka ha. Post mo sa YouTube performance mo. Para dumami ang maimpluwensiyahan mo.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ows? Di nga?

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
:roll: ....a typical teenybopper's assumption.

Maybe some of them have heard the beatles. but you can't assume that they all listened.

nobody is assuming that all jazz musicians and classical musicians listen to the Beatles. But, definitely, some of them have, thus disproving your claims that the Beatles only influence "pop rockers".

What have you got against "pop rock" anyway?? What's with the genre racism?

Good music is good music.

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2008, 12:24:15 AM »
May mga tao lang talaga na sarado ang utak sa musika. ang masaklap, kung sino pa yung sarado, sya pa yung nagmamagaling.
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2008, 05:17:49 AM »
give peace a chance muna!  :-D

hapi bday to John and Sean Lennon  8-)

im a real nowhere walrus

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2008, 09:56:58 AM »

ok sa pix bro! yung labi at tangkad ni john nalang ang kulang parang replica na si sean...

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
Happy Bday to John and Sean!  :-D
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline dudematters

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »

ayos to ah, hawig talaga silang dalawa.. happy b-day lennon's!
Daily Revolver

Offline rimshot601

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
Sorry, guys. Nag react lang naman ako dun sa nagsabi na 50% ng music today is influenced by the Beatles which i believe isn't true. Nangyari lang na diverse ang music ng Beatles dahil pop-oriented nga sila, pero hindi ibig sabihin nun sa kanila nagmula ang lahat.

O peace na din kay "overzealous" teenybopper.  :lol:
~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
Sorry, guys. Nag react lang naman ako dun sa nagsabi na 50% ng music today is influenced by the Beatles which i believe isn't true. Nangyari lang na diverse ang music ng Beatles dahil pop-oriented nga sila, pero hindi ibig sabihin nun sa kanila nagmula ang lahat.

Okay, we get your point. And we respect your opinion. Just respect ours na lang din alright? You have your reasons why you believe otherwise, and we have our own based on the facts that we have shared in this forum. Peace na sa lahat at let's go back to the real issue na lang. Stick to the topic. Thanks bro !

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
ayan! mejo naayos na...

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »

YouTube please. Thanks.  :lol:
Ows? Di nga?

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 12:36:30 AM »
Tama na nga 'tong pagpapalamon.  :lol:

O eto. Pampaalis ng baho sa thread. Tutal John Lennon day naman kanina.

feature=related
Ows? Di nga?

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »
yihiiiy peace na sila.. oh kiss mo nga.. hehehe joke

basta frustration ko parin makita ang beatles together again..
.. they are my most influencial band foreber en eber amen...

ay sinabi mo. Ako din. Kaya nga I  have this obsession sa era ng 60's eh. I envy my Dad and Mom a lot since they belonged to that era. Dad ko talagang Beatles fan din. His records & cassette tapes were the ones who introduced me actually to their music tapos ayun, na-hook na ako.

Kaya what I do is that I just content myself to just watching any Beatles documentary just like the DVD I mentioned up there about Pete Best, talagang lahat pinapatos ko, since I really enjoyed The Beatles Anthology disc a lot. It was really informative. I loved Across the Universe, the recent movie musical that was based on the music of the fab four. Iyong mga ganung tipo na lang. Dun ko na lang binubuhos iyong frustration ko of not seeing the 4 of them together in my lifetime.

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »
eto na astigan ako sa kanta na i got a feeling ng beatles

feature=related

eto ah opinion at point of view ko lang... para kasing dati dahil sa linkin park na uso yung 2 vocals na salitan... pero lo and behold, paul and John have did it way before pa talaga...

ASTIG! and it's really rockin!
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
Tagal na netong topic na to ha... hehehe..

Walang imposible pag nag sama-sama sila lennon,mccartney, harrison at starr...

Konting trivia lang..

Isa ang beatles ang nagpasimula ng METAL.. hindi kayo naniniwala?? geh search nyo..  :-D

I love the Beatles!! Already have the remasters..

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS