hulika

Author Topic: What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?  (Read 16075 times)

Offline dudematters

What If The Beatles Were Born In This Era Will They Make It?
« on: August 09, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
What can you say about this dude?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:20:47 PM by dudematters »
Daily Revolver

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
Re: What If The Beatles Was Born In This Era Will They Make It?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »
Kung ngayon lang pinanganak beatles malamang ibang iba ang music natin ngayon. siguro ngayon pa lang maiimbento ang rock and roll! :lol:
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline dudematters

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 04:22:27 PM »
may punto ka nga dyan pareng supernaut!  :-D
Daily Revolver

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »
Kung ngayon lang pinanganak beatles malamang ibang iba ang music natin ngayon. siguro ngayon pa lang maiimbento ang rock and roll! :lol:

Rock and roll were around naman before and kasabay ng Beatles, kahit papano. And these bands were popular naman din (the Who, the Kinks, etc.). Although I can't say na may ibang band na sisikat. Di ko alam ang impact ng the Kinks sa tsiks (parang wala yata, haha).

Pag ngayon lang lumitaw ang Beatles, probably sobrang outlawed pa rin ang rock ngayon. The Beatles were at least elemental in making rock pop.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline jonasm_16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
malamang Death Metal ang genre ng Beatles  :lol: :lol:

Offline MIG AYESA

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »
Yes, the Beatles were talented. Also they were born at the right place and at the right time.

Unless they re-invent themselves. Malabo silang sumikat if they were to be discovered today.  Dapat ibahin nila genre nila kung ngayon lang sila umusbong.

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »
there would be a lot of changes in the world of music. the sgt. pepper album kinda invented prog rock.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »
death metal very nice bro! hahaha john lennon head bangers! hahaha nice

yeah.. hahahaha :evil: :evil:
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 07:06:37 PM »
siguro mabibilang sila sa indie rock ngayon. :?
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

winstonlennon

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
will they make it?..ofcourse no doubt about it..lennon/mccartney? hanep gumawa ng words and music  pro siguro maingay din tugtugan nila, hehehe imagine lennon and harrison umaapak ng multi effects.. :mrgreen:

Offline hugaspaso78

• Netizen Level
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »
Karamihan sa band ngayon me influence ng Beatles. If we pertain to this, no doubt about it. Pero, what if ibang banda un nag influence sa kinahinatnan ng rock music ngayon? Ano kayang mangyayare? Music revolution I guess.

Offline anavrin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
 :-o i really wish they were born in this era men!

en surely they will make it! for sure!no doubt!

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
They would still make it big, although probably not on the level as they were in the sixties, where they were like the gods and gurus of pop culture.

A great song is a great song, regardless of era. Lennon and McCartney are the best at what they do.

Regarding experimentation.. hmm. If The Beatles didn't exist in the 60s, other bands would have probably pushed the technical and conceptual limits of music. Bands that come to mind: Hendrix (psychedelic, R&B), Cream (psychedelic), The Who (concept albums, rock operas), and The Doors(psychedelic goth), and the Beach Boys. But they would have done so collectively, not like the Beatles who pioneered most of these things on their own ( with the help of George Martin, of course).

Offline Zazza

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »
Yes and maybe  :roll:

Yes because of obvious reasons stated by the others above. No era where will The Fab four leave a stone unturned.

...and Maybe, because you wouldn't know what will happen if Stuart Sutcliffe didn't die early and Pete Best didn't get the sack from Paul and John coz he was hogging all the limelight with the chicks  :lol: and both got to start instead of Ringo, who until now is in total trauma travelling to The Philippines  :lol:

We'll never know...
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline butoyonly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 01:18:50 AM »
Rock and roll were around naman before and kasabay ng Beatles, kahit papano. And these bands were popular naman din (the Who, the Kinks, etc.). Although I can't say na may ibang band na sisikat. Di ko alam ang impact ng the Kinks sa tsiks (parang wala yata, haha).

Pag ngayon lang lumitaw ang Beatles, probably sobrang outlawed pa rin ang rock ngayon. The Beatles were at least elemental in making rock pop.

yah..there's hendrix, clapton and blues artists aside from the beatles...and no offense to beatles fans here, imo: i'm not quite that fan of the beatles itself..what made me like them is John Lennon, hehe ^_^
kapish.  "Inhalation of vomit due to barbiturate intoxication."

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »
answer:  yes! definitely!  it'll be a lot different though from the beatles that we are all familiar with.  but lennon and mccartney are two of a kind - and may never grace this earth for say another thousand years.  :-D
Pulling Teeth!

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:54 AM »
The Beatles made the first heavy metal tune back in 1967 via "HELTER SKELTER" after that all the metal bands came out later. They made the first techno song back in 1966 via " TOMMORROW NEVER KNOWS" 2 decades later techno music was being used in the dance floor. They made the first eraserhead song in 1963 via "PLEASE PLEASE ME" 2 decades later "Ligaya" was born.

What else can I say? Rock would not have progressed without them, and if they were born in this era, I guess ngayon pa lang nag-poprogress ang Rock music. Maraming genre ng rock ang probably wala ngayon at nagsisimula pa lang. Because when the Beatles were signed up by a british record label then, it took awhile since they were always being told that BAND music is outdated. When the Beatles were signed up finally and it became a hit, a lot of british record labels signed up bands of their own left and right, just like what happened when the E-heads got signed up in the early 90's sa Manila. If not for the Beatles the Rolling Stones will not be there, since George Harrison was the one who referred their record label to them, The Who or the Kinks will not be there because record labels will think that they are outdated, just like what they told the Beatles before...and so on and so forth. That was how The Beatles affected the musical landscape.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:35:54 AM by skywalker »

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 08:32:10 AM »
yah..there's hendrix, clapton and blues artists aside from the beatles...and no offense to beatles fans here, imo: i'm not quite that fan of the beatles itself..what made me like them is John Lennon, hehe ^_^

If you study pop/rock music history before The Beatles, record executives thought that band music is outdated already, kaya nga nahirapan na ma-sign up ang Beatles at first. If not for the them the door would not have been opened, it is comparable to what happened when the Eraserheads was signed up in Manila, it started the whole band thing and a lot of local rock artists were signed up after them. Without the Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton would have stayed underground and would not have been heard at all till this day. Even the Rolling Stones were signed up because of George Harrison because he referred their record label at that time to this once underground band of Mick Jagger who wanted to find another hit band, during the time when the Beatles were hits already and somehow commanded respect in the industry already.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:40:32 AM by skywalker »

Offline telefunkrn

• Netizen Level
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »
What If The Beatles Was Born In This Era Will They Make It?  NO !

Offline Aborks

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 04:50:12 AM »
I'm a Beatles fan, even though I'm not die hard but sad to say, there is a good chance that the fav four won't make it if they just started in this day and age. They we're considered genuines in those times because they were ahead of their time.

There were a lot of great musicians in those times who also influenced our era and I'm quite sure that the Beatles just went a little ahead of everyone else. My point is, talent and musicality at that time was just about to explode and there are just waiting for a Pandora to open the box. I'm sure, if Beatles didn't make it in those days, someone else will.

I still believe though that we owe them whatever credit they deserve. Cheers to the boys from Liverpool! :)

Offline joopabs

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 11:31:35 PM »
They wouldn't make it that big (as in 60's BIG) in this era I think. Since the genres ruling the air waves nowadays are very different from the 60's. Especially if you'd consider the superstar status of the Beatles back in the day, that even artists nowadays could only dream of the success of the Beatles.

Offline kingthomas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 12:50:55 AM »
siguro naman.

but who will be the beatles of the 60's?

kung ngayon lang sumikat ang beatles, ano kayang merong music ang mundo ngayon?  :?

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 06:40:38 AM »
They wouldn't make it that big (as in 60's BIG) in this era I think. Since the genres ruling the air waves nowadays are very different from the 60's. Especially if you'd consider the superstar status of the Beatles back in the day, that even artists nowadays could only dream of the success of the Beatles.

The music genres of today is what it is today because of the way The Beatles changed and re-formed music history. Tama si King Thomas, kung ngayon lang lumabas ang Beatles, the question is ano kaya ang tunog ng music ngayon? :-)

Offline rimshot601

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:59 PM »
If you study pop/rock music history before The Beatles, record executives thought that band music is outdated already, kaya nga nahirapan na ma-sign up ang Beatles at first. If not for the them the door would not have been opened, it is comparable to what happened when the Eraserheads was signed up in Manila, it started the whole band thing and a lot of local rock artists were signed up after them. Without the Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton would have stayed underground and would not have been heard at all till this day. Even the Rolling Stones were signed up because of George Harrison because he referred their record label at that time to this once underground band of Mick Jagger who wanted to find another hit band, during the time when the Beatles were hits already and somehow commanded respect in the industry already.

LOL.  Nangangapa din ang Beatles noon. Naging "pogi band" din sila -Teddy Boys, bago maging Rocker, tapos naging Mods at kung anu-anong style nung 70's para maka survive. May talent sa pag gawa ng music -Oo; magaling na manager, at kung anu-anong "gimmick" para manatili ang popularity nila. Pero hindi nangangahulugan na sa kanila lahat ng credit.
Bago dumating ang Beatles sa, may Rock & roll na sa US. Pinabilis lang yung Blues at tinawag na Rock & roll. Meron nang Little Richard at Muddy Waters noon; andun na din si Elvis Presley, Gerry Lee Lewis, atbp. Pogi points lang ang Beatles dahil european sila.
Ganun din ang Eraserheads, ginaya nila ang approach ng Beatles sa pag gawa ng kanta --hindi sila nag concentrate sa iisang genre kundi halu-halo --may pang masa at may hindi. Pero kung ibibigay mo lahat ng credits sa kanila, palagay ko kahit sila hindi sasang ayon sa'yo.

BTT:

If Beatles was born in this era, malamang tumutugtog sila ng mga may temang Punk, Reggae, at Heavy rock, kagaya ng ginawa ng Eraserheads noon, at malamang sikat pa din sila. Baka nga tumutugtog din sila ng may temang R&B at hiphop eh.  :-D

There's humor in irony...
~Rrrakkenrohohoholl!!!

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »

LOL.  Nangangapa din ang Beatles noon. Naging "pogi band" din sila -Teddy Boys, bago maging Rocker, tapos naging Mods at kung anu-anong style nung 70's para maka survive. May talent sa pag gawa ng music -Oo; magaling na manager, at kung anu-anong "gimmick" para manatili ang popularity nila. Pero hindi nangangahulugan na sa kanila lahat ng credit.
Bago dumating ang Beatles sa, may Rock & roll na sa US. Pinabilis lang yung Blues at tinawag na Rock & roll. Meron nang Little Richard at Muddy Waters noon; andun na din si Elvis Presley, Gerry Lee Lewis, atbp. Pogi points lang ang Beatles dahil european sila.
Ganun din ang Eraserheads, ginaya nila ang approach ng Beatles sa pag gawa ng kanta --hindi sila nag concentrate sa iisang genre kundi halu-halo --may pang masa at may hindi. Pero kung ibibigay mo lahat ng credits sa kanila, palagay ko kahit sila hindi sasang ayon sa'yo.

BTT:

If Beatles was born in this era, malamang tumutugtog sila ng mga may temang Punk, Reggae, at Heavy rock, kagaya ng ginawa ng Eraserheads noon, at malamang sikat pa din sila. Baka nga tumutugtog din sila ng may temang R&B at hiphop eh.  :-D

I'm not saying that The Beatles invented rock and roll, yes Jerry Lewis, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley who were all heroes of the fab four even before hitting big time, were there already even before them. But the Beatles revolutionized the way music sounded then. I stated Clapton may have stayed underground if not for them, because just like the others, Eric Clapton admired the Beatles then when he was still a nobody, The Beatles were older than him, but he would later become good friends with George Harrison. Again, Harrison was instrumental in having Clapton's band the Yardbirds sign up with a major label, just like the Rolling Stones. Before the Beatles there was no guitar feedback in rock and roll music, but after creating the intro to  "I FEEL FINE", it started it all. Things like that.

Before the Beatles invaded America, bubble gum music was the IN thing in America in the early 60's, Elvis was in the army at that time not anymore making music, and a lot of the rock and roll heroes of the 50's are almost gone. "I wanna hold your hand" became a hit in the US because, at that time, it sounded like it was edgy, they considered it heavy sounding compared to the bubble gum sounds of America at that time.

All my statements up there were based on what happened in the past it was documented history. It basically proves the effect that The Beatles had on music history.

Regarding your statement that they first were Teddy Boys or "Pogi band" before they became rockers. I must disagree with that. Because again, based on documented history. And some early photos, they were rockers first before they were somehow modified to suit the mainstream, and iyon na nga iyong sinasabi mo sigurong "pogi band". They used to wear leather jackets, spit on stage, curse on stage at each other while making jokes that are not suited for the mainstream audience. Plus their good hard rock and roll music then. From the beginning they had that edgy attitude which are associated with rockers. Those were their underground days during their Cavern Club, and their Hamburg Germany days. and that was how they behaved onstage when Brian Epstein discovered them in a London Club. Brian was instrumental in molding The Beatles to become more mainstream oriented in appearance and packaging. Ask Pete Best the original Beatles drummer before Ringo.

..Oh and btw..they invented the moptop hair. :-D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:24:53 PM by skywalker »