hulika

Author Topic: Which would you prefer, JBL or Peavey  (Read 4716 times)

Offline densmodina

Which would you prefer, JBL or Peavey
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
which would you prefer, a JBL EON15 G2, a JBL PRX 535 or a Peavey SP 2?

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Which would you prefer, JBL or Peavey
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »
wala po akong basehan pero I would prefer a PRX.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline junkers

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
Para sa akin jbl eon subok na namin yan.

Offline densmodina

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:07:23 PM »
ah, thanks, kaya ba ng eon ung pasaan na performance? kasi i've heard ung eon pang live? ung prx at peavey sp 2 ay pang sound reinforcement talaga? am i correct po?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »
Yung tatlong loudspeaker na yan ay para sa portable live sound reinforcement. JBL Eon15 G2 is a 2-way powered loudspeaker. JBL PRX 535 is a 3-way powered loudspeaker. Peavey SP 2 is a 2-way non-powered loudspeaker.

PRX535

EON15 G2

SP2
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:14:32 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »
ah, thanks, kaya ba ng eon ung pasaan na performance? kasi i've heard ung eon pang live? ung prx at peavey sp 2 ay pang sound reinforcement talaga? am i correct po?

Let's do a quick side-by-side comparison of the three loudspeakers.

Peavey SP 2
  • 500 watts continuous
  • 54 Hz - 17 kHz ±3 dB
  • 131 dB max SPL peak
  • 90° horizontal x 40° vertical
JBL Eon15 G2
  • 400 watts continuous
  • 42 Hz - 17 kHz ±3 dB
  • 129 dB max SPL peak
  • 90° horizontal x 60° vertical
JBL PRX 535
  • 650 watts continuous
  • 46 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB
  • 134 dB max SPL peak
  • 90° horizontal x 50° vertical
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:09:22 PM by Tarkuz Toccata »
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline densmodina

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
so sir tarkus, if the prx is 3-way na, low-mid-high na sya? strongest ba and prx among the 3?

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »
ang lamang lang siguro ng eon ay maliit tsaka pwedeng wedge.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline densmodina

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 11:23:48 PM »
we use eonp1 sa church. maganda say tumunog, pero a closed venue is a different scenario from an outdoor or open air veue.

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »
EONs are nice. Pero PRX are higher models. Tama ba sir Tarkuz?
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline markyulo

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
eon can be use for one person monitoring only due to speaker dispersion,

ang lamang lang siguro ng eon ay maliit tsaka pwedeng wedge.:)
Audio Solutions (engineering & design)
http://audiosolutions.weebly.com
920 4103 / 0922-600-3174

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:18:50 AM »

if the two are all in positive comments.. then its not by the speakers. its in the quality on how you set or make your own quality of music like setting the EQ. setting the 3 most important factor of sounds. the MID,LOW,HIGH

even you have a ordinary speakers. you'll going to win the most quality sound if you have the ability to set the EQ in a proper way..

and the quality of the sound makes you to experiment on how the mid, low, and high will go into your taste of sound..

the speakers are only additionals for thier stylse,brands and looks.. but in the quality of hardware, i'll go for the JBL. matagal nakasi sila and mas marami silang magagandang comments eh. hehe
Reyzuna!!!

Offline markyulo

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 01:23:45 AM »
not just the EQ, But consider the room acoustics, bad acoustic + good audio system = BAD SOUND

if the two are all in positive comments.. then its not by the speakers. its in the quality on how you set or make your own quality of music like setting the EQ. setting the 3 most important factor of sounds. the MID,LOW,HIGH

even you have a ordinary speakers. you'll going to win the most quality sound if you have the ability to set the EQ in a proper way..

and the quality of the sound makes you to experiment on how the mid, low, and high will go into your taste of sound..

the speakers are only additionals for thier stylse,brands and looks.. but in the quality of hardware, i'll go for the JBL. matagal nakasi sila and mas marami silang magagandang comments eh. hehe

920 4103 / 0922-600-3174

Offline densmodina

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 01:29:23 AM »
sir mark i'm kinda confused with the term 3-way speaker system. kasi ung prx, un ung nakalagay. does it mean it covers the low-mid-high? then in a peavey advertisement, i saw an sp2 matched to a pv 1600 bi-amp. tapos add a pair or sp 218 subs with pv 3800 amp at magiging tri-amp na sya. kasi kita ko sa bi amp na nakalagay low at high lang. so if ganun, magiging low-low-high ung set-up. can u explain po the meaning and how to set it up? hehehe, thanks po

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
so sir tarkus, if the prx is 3-way na, low-mid-high na sya? strongest ba and prx among the 3?

Yes, low-mid-high na ang PRX535 with woofer, midrange, and high-frequency drivers.

At 134 dB max SPL peak, it is the loudest among the three.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »

Tama ka, higher model ang PRX series. Ang Eon series ay parang entry-level ng JBL portable powered loudspeakers.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

Tama ka, higher model ang PRX series. Ang Eon series ay parang entry-level ng JBL portable powered loudspeakers.

Offline markyulo

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »
talked with DENSMODINA on the phone, question has been answered.....
sir mark i'm kinda confused with the term 3-way speaker system. kasi ung prx, un ung nakalagay. does it mean it covers the low-mid-high? then in a peavey advertisement, i saw an sp2 matched to a pv 1600 bi-amp. tapos add a pair or sp 218 subs with pv 3800 amp at magiging tri-amp na sya. kasi kita ko sa bi amp na nakalagay low at high lang. so if ganun, magiging low-low-high ung set-up. can u explain po the meaning and how to set it up? hehehe, thanks po
920 4103 / 0922-600-3174

Offline densmodina

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »
sir, for the prx, what sub would u suggest to pair it with?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »
sir, for the prx, what sub would u suggest to pair it with?

PRX518S

Offline densmodina

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »
sir tarkuz, i saw the specs of that sub. i think 500 w continuos sya, ung prx535 ay 650 w continuos. so i heve the impression na mas malakas ung prx535, am i correct or sine 3 way na ung 535, may low na sya so pwede gumamit ng mas lower watt na sub? thanks

Offline densmodina

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
by the way, thanks sir mark for the accomodation   :-D

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
in a peavey advertisement, i saw an sp2 matched to a pv 1600 bi-amp. tapos add a pair or sp 218 subs with pv 3800 amp at magiging tri-amp na sya. kasi kita ko sa bi amp na nakalagay low at high lang. so if ganun, magiging low-low-high ung set-up. can u explain po the meaning and how to set it up?

High-Mid ang SP2. Low ang SP218. Tri-Amp ang setup. Mas malinis at madadagdagan ang lakas ng tunog by more than 6 dB.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 12:06:46 PM »
sir tarkuz, i saw the specs of that sub. i think 500 w continuos sya, ung prx535 ay 650 w continuos. so i heve the impression na mas malakas ung prx535, am i correct or sine 3 way na ung 535, may low na sya so pwede gumamit ng mas lower watt na sub? thanks

Use 2 PRX518S para 1000W continuous na ang sub.

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »

i prefer CELESTION Speakers are more louder and good quality sound hehe.. but only you know how to set your EQ..
Reyzuna!!!