hulika

Author Topic: Fruity Loops Experience  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Kclan

Re: Fruity Loops Experience
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »
usually, i only FL for my drumtrack, then everything, mano-mano na. patch in na lang ako ung mga fave kong samples.

:mrgreen:

Offline melody_guitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
well i also have a fruity loops express..maganda yung samples nila particulary on the 8 channel drum samples..and ang maganda pa eh you can tweak the samples in your own taste..such as reverbs etc.. ang di ko lang makita dito is yung eq for it..parang wala ata... anyway can you guys suggest me where to download more drum samples..im looking for an acoustic kit.. rock drum samples, for blues and also jazz..baka me marecommend kayo na site..kasi dun ko din sa fruity loops papatakbuhin yung mga samples eh..
Available Guitarist for bands, Showbands/variety music, acoustic etc../color]

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »
well i also have a fruity loops express..maganda yung samples nila particulary on the 8 channel drum samples..and ang maganda pa eh you can tweak the samples in your own taste..such as reverbs etc.. ang di ko lang makita dito is yung eq for it..parang wala ata... anyway can you guys suggest me where to download more drum samples..im looking for an acoustic kit.. rock drum samples, for blues and also jazz..baka me marecommend kayo na site..kasi dun ko din sa fruity loops papatakbuhin yung mga samples eh..

if you have a legit license of fl studio, then you'd be able to download 3 gigabytes worth of samples from http://flstudio.com/ usin IL download manager!

:-o :-o :-o
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »
and i still prefer it over reason for the quick hiphop/electronica scorin stuff.  sobrang sulit fl studio.  makes a lot of sense to use it here in the philippines, ROI-wise.  haha.

:-) :-) :-)

yup. you could just put a kick beat over here, a little something every few bars over here and there, click click click click and soon before you know it you already have a complete song.

what i like about FL also is that if i have new musical ideas and i cant explain it to our drummer, I just do the entire thing on FL, record my guitar and send the mp3 track to him for him to analyze, adapt and learn.

This is a forum siggy.

Offline karlo

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 12:41:47 PM »
if you have a legit license of fl studio, then you'd be able to download 3 gigabytes worth of samples from http://flstudio.com/ usin IL download manager!

Who even needs 3gb of drum hits really?  :-D

I've got a ton of sample myself but most are untouched
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
Who even needs 3gb of drum hits really?  :-D

I've got a ton of sample myself but most are untouched

who said they were all drum loops?  hard to argue with a fool.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »
yup. you could just put a kick beat over here, a little something every few bars over here and there, click click click click and soon before you know it you already have a complete song.

Haven't touched FL in ages (prolly because I'm not a pattern guy), but does it do triplets? I vaguely recall reading something to that effect but I never bothered to find out.

hard to argue with a fool.

:-o Oh no, not again.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 02:29:04 PM »
haha.  sorry kit.

ok i'll rephrase my statement:

hard to argue with someone who smartly retorts without first findin out what the other guy is talkin about?

that better?

most people fail to understand that sweepin statements and/generalizations do sow discord and/or mayhem more often than not.  and why do i even bother?

@karlo:  yes, i do need and use gigabytes of drum hits.  hope you understand.

:-D :-D :-D

Offline karlo

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »
who said they were all drum loops?  hard to argue with a fool.

Jeez man, what's your deal? I was kidding... Nothing pointed about what I said either. So keep chill.

Just saying that for regular folk like myself it's hard to maximize the use of all those sounds that we all collect. I fill up hard disks full of samples myself, drum hits, loops and whatnot, but most of it is just in storage. Like I said, most of it is untouched. I like having it, and I like seeking out new sample collections, but I admit don't get to put it to good use. So if I was making fun about anyone, it was mostly about myself than you.

If you're better at managing all that data than I am (and you in all likeliness are since I just got into these things a couple of years ago), or it you're more meticulous about the sounds you use, then good for you. More power to you, sir. I'm sure you could teach me a lot of things.

And I'm at work and typing quickly, hence the lack of editing in my post

Anyhow.

Just to set it straight myself- I love FL Studio. It was the thing that got me into computer music production in the first place. It's great at quickly sketching out beats. But you all know that already.

I like to remain a pacifist myself. I'm not saying anything about anyone. I'm not going to call names or sling mud like a child. I'm not going to be drawn into that kind of negativity.

I know a lot of the guys here enjoy arguments though. I do too. Nothing wrong with a good debate, but there's no need to get nasty. No need to jump on people without provocation. It makes for a sorry state of affairs.

You stifle discourse that way, instead of promoting it. You create an oligarchy of "experts"- a high and mighty elite- who attack others on the first indication of confusion or lack of know-how. You break up the sense of community that needs strengthening in the first place.

Unless it's just something you enjoy doing. If it is, too bad. If you were joking yourself, well, it's not a very nice joke is it, considering you don't even know me.

Just my humble take. Sorry if I went off myself, I just don't get why you have to insult a fellow forumer like that.
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline karlo

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »

hard to argue with someone who smartly retorts without first findin out what the other guy is talkin about?

most people fail to understand that sweepin statements and/generalizations do sow discord and/or mayhem more often than not.  and why do i even bother?

@karlo:  yes, i do need and use gigabytes of drum hits.  hope you understand.

:-D :-D :-D

Again, I was kidding.. So no need to go off all high and mighty like that.

And if I was poking fun at anyone, it was at myself for not being as perspicacious as people like you who do manage to make use of all your samples. I'm a hobbyist. I buy sounds, but they're just in storage mostly.If you do maximize all your sounds, that's great. Wish I could too. I'd like to learn how.

I guess it's hard to make deadpan humor on an internet forum. But you could have taken a minute yourself to see if I was seriously making some misguided generalization or if I was just shooting the sh*t.

Just wish you didn't jump on me right away like that. I'm ignorant about a lot of things but being a hater off the bat, without sensitivity, is as ignorant- socially- and as dangerous to our little community as making dumb generalizations (which again, I wasn't doing).

Love Never Dies

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
hey man!  somethin in my head did tick.  made me go off.  but i was outta line with the fool remark.  too much misplaced machismo in these here forums lately.  and i succumbed to the pull...  it's viciously evil man.

my apologies to you karlo.  i'm sorry bro.

ps:  first time i ever did a public apology on a forum.  hope it doesn't make me sexually-challenged (i.e. gay).

Offline karlo

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
Accepted  :mrgreen:

And now back to regular programming

Love Never Dies

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 09:17:09 PM »
hope it doesn't make me sexually-challenged (i.e. gay).

naaahhh.... I don't think anyone noticed.  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

LouieAzcona

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 02:12:22 AM »
MTPA, the next guitar central?

haha. wag naman sana

@x_taxi - nagulat ako sayo ah. pero oo nga. nakakahawa. haha!
@Karlo - agree. hindi kailangan ng ganon kadami. actually, hindi ako gumagamit ng mga samples na ready na sa FL. nagrerecord ako ng sarili kong sample tapos yun ung ginagamit ko... para kahit less ang quality... tunog totoo naman. kasi madalas late night na pwede mag track ng drums ung cousin ko... kapag madali lang ang pattern... pino-program ko nalang sa FL - para hindi na din ako makaistorbo ng housemates.

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:48 AM »
We use “cakewalk” in editing base lines and drums/cymbals when recording rehearsals at the studio, Some say it’s more useful than fruity loops.. oh well don’t  get me in that kind of arguments.. I’m just wondering what’s the difference of that two programs?   
Reyzuna!!!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »
I’m just wondering what’s the difference of that two programs?   

FL is pattern based, CW is linear. Look it up sometime.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »
naaahhh.... I don't think anyone noticed.  :-D

haha.  and you just had to quote me...

by the way, image-line changed the name to fl studio cause "fruity" had connotations of sexually challenged nature.  so usin fl studio shall not make anyone gay or detract from one's gay-ness.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline melody_guitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »

can anyone guide me step by step on how to download the samples on flstudio.com..thanks
Available Guitarist for bands, Showbands/variety music, acoustic etc../color]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »
can anyone guide me step by step on how to download the samples on flstudio.com..thanks

I think you have to be a registered user of the software first.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »
I think you have to be a registered user of the software first.

yup!  there's a guide after authorization.  one downloads through the login page or directly from within fl studio - either with directwave or fpc.  shouldn't be too hard.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »
MTPA, the next guitar central?

haha. wag naman sana

@x_taxi - nagulat ako sayo ah. pero oo nga. nakakahawa. haha!
@Karlo - agree. hindi kailangan ng ganon kadami. actually, hindi ako gumagamit ng mga samples na ready na sa FL. nagrerecord ako ng sarili kong sample tapos yun ung ginagamit ko... para kahit less ang quality... tunog totoo naman. kasi madalas late night na pwede mag track ng drums ung cousin ko... kapag madali lang ang pattern... pino-program ko nalang sa FL - para hindi na din ako makaistorbo ng housemates.

haha.  even i was surprised.  we were all seduced by the dark side.  so easy to say nasty things in forums.  lalo na pag di mo kaharap kausap mo.  but then again, we settle with our fists pag kaharap mo na.  maybe there's really no difference.  haha.  just gets worse i guess.