hulika

Author Topic: The Stratocaster Thread  (Read 1197595 times)

Offline monsterbot

Re: The Stratocaster Thread
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
Mga bro ok din ba Fernandes Strar copy?I just both one.the revival strat.
sabi nila rare na daw sya.I saw it on the net that billie joe armstrong uses Fernandes Strat which he calls "blue".Sabi nila it may even be better that the fender am strat.I've been comparing it to my friend's fender am strat,the feel and sound is just like equal.

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »
Mga bro ok din ba Fernandes Strar copy?I just both one.the revival strat.
sabi nila rare na daw sya.I saw it on the net that billie joe armstrong uses Fernandes Strat which he calls "blue".Sabi nila it may even be better that the fender am strat.I've been comparing it to my friend's fender am strat,the feel and sound is just like equal.

Yup Bro,,Fernandse revival strats,,kick ass ,,smokin man,,got one too,,IMHO ,and tested one on one with the AM DEL,,,,the revival kick the am dels ass bigtime,,,no wonder why revivals was called the epitome of "lawsuit" cause theyre just great  :mrgreen:
AMMK!!!

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »
man,i want one!
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #353 on: May 07, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »
Yup Bro,,Fernandse revival strats,,kick ass ,,smokin man,,got one too,,IMHO ,and tested one on one with the AM DEL,,,,the revival kick the am dels ass bigtime,,,no wonder why revivals was called the epitome of "lawsuit" cause theyre just great  :mrgreen:
lol, can the revival strat stay in tune after some nasty tremolo work? sorry man but I don't think revivals are ALWAYS better than American Deluxe strats. The deluxe neck heel also makes it easier to play up to the 22nd fret, which obviously vintage copies do not possess. Mine has a V neck profile and a flatter radius, heavenly feel on the neck with low action. If it's the sound, well I had mine with David Gilmour EMG's ever since, and I'm still convinced it sounds good.
The Am Dlx you A/B'd it with must have been a lemon, or you may have already been biased with your judgment before the test. I mean, how can you not love the tinted neck and abalone inlays and countless pickup wiring options with the S-1? :-)
I'm sure your Revival cannot sound as fat as the Am Dlx with S-1 switch on.

I was able to hold and play countless Fender Jap RI's, lawsuits etc. (including several Revivals) and for me they don't come close to my Am Dlx generally.

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »
bakit kaya sa twing nakikita ko itong thread na ito parang gusto kong ibenta yun gitara ko at bumili ng strat? hahaha. :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
bakit kaya sa twing nakikita ko itong thread na ito parang gusto kong ibenta yun gitara ko at bumili ng strat? hahaha. :-D

kse malupit talaga ang strat hahaha biased syempre :-D

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »

It's a sign, man. :lol:

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

wag na magdalawang isip.  benta mo na agad!!  :-D
Pulling Teeth!

itchybrain

« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
lol, can the revival strat stay in tune after some nasty tremolo work? sorry man but I don't think revivals are ALWAYS better than American Deluxe strats. The deluxe neck heel also makes it easier to play up to the 22nd fret, which obviously vintage copies do not possess. Mine has a V neck profile and a flatter radius, heavenly feel on the neck with low action. If it's the sound, well I had mine with David Gilmour EMG's ever since, and I'm still convinced it sounds good.
The Am Dlx you A/B'd it with must have been a lemon, or you may have already been biased with your judgment before the test. I mean, how can you not love the tinted neck and abalone inlays and countless pickup wiring options with the S-1? :-)

I was able to hold and play countless Fender Jap RI's, lawsuits etc. (including several Revivals) and for me they don't come close to my Am Dlx generally.

Ang swerte mo, Tet. Ang hirap maka-tiempo ng malupit na Strat (and guitars in general). Sana maka-swerti rin. GAS na naman ito.  :-D

STRATS RULE! \m/  :-D

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »
Ang swerte mo, Tet. Ang hirap maka-tiempo ng malupit na Strat (and guitars in general). Sana maka-swerti rin. GAS na naman ito.  :-D

STRATS RULE! \m/  :-D
lol meng, sa tingin ko rin malaking factor kung paano mo tignan ang gitara eh hehe. I looked at it differently tapos naramdaman ko na ok na ko hehe. :lol:
I mean, personally it rocks for me. For others, they would say their strat is still better. :wink:
If it suits you and you think it's the best, then that's it. :lol:

Pero action, fit and finish, kahit sabihin pa nila na polido gumawa mga hapon, mas gusto ko pa rin yung detail sa Am Dlx. Sound, it varies a lot lalo na kung iba-iba pickups hehe. :lol:

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »

yo bro :-P wassup  hehehe,nwei no biased siguru with me,,cause i was not the one having it played A/B the people there played it,,, i mean no harm to am dels,,cause i love em too :-) sure it sounds cool ,i was refering to the am del at the store,,,:-) not "all" heheheh..it wasnt me who judge the A/B naman hahah just lucky they picked mine,,,hahaha :-p  :wink:
AMMK!!!

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
yo bro :-P wassup  hehehe,nwei no biased siguru with me,,cause i was not the one having it played A/B the people there played it,,, i mean no harm to am dels,,cause i love em too :-) sure it sounds cool ,i was refering to the am del at the store,,,:-) not "all" heheheh..it wasnt me who judge the A/B naman hahah just lucky they picked mine,,,hahaha :-p  :wink:
hehe bro, oks lang hehe. besides, a 50's RI and an American Deluxe are two entirely different strats in terms of specs and features. :lol:

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
hehe bro, oks lang hehe. besides, a 50's RI and an American Deluxe are two entirely different strats in terms of specs and features. :lol:

yah hehehe :-P still i love strats ahaha we all do hahahah sweet munch munch,,:-p
AMMK!!!

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2009, 09:20:53 AM »
mga pre tulungan nyo po ako ....

sa tingin nyo vintage tong strat ko?
bniigay sakin yung body lang kinahoy kasi.......

eto yung pics....

http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/547788250
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/951830786
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/829653772
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/189172193
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/419629730
Mali yung tuners, malamang hindi stock yung neck at hindi authentic. Hindi kasi sila match nung neck plate. kung stock yung body at kung authentic yung body mo, '65 Strat yan pre CBS, pero baka yung neck plate na lang yung '65 at iba na rin yung body.

Offline jansam

« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
Mali yung tuners, malamang hindi stock yung neck at hindi authentic. Hindi kasi sila match nung neck plate. kung stock yung body at kung authentic yung body mo, '65 Strat yan pre CBS, pero baka yung neck plate na lang yung '65 at iba na rin yung body.
thanks man!
NUNG binigay sa kin yun,WAla ng tuner,bale peke talaga yun.....
me pasok na.......
Rakenrol sa Skul!

itchybrain

« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AM »
mga pre tulungan nyo po ako ....

sa tingin nyo vintage tong strat ko?
bniigay sakin yung body lang kinahoy kasi.......

eto yung pics....

http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/547788250
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/951830786
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/829653772
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/189172193
http://www.friendster.com/photos/62382996/1/419629730

Fraud is right. 'Di matched yung tuners sa body. AFAIK, Klusons pa rin dapat yan kung '65 and Pre-CBS. Nice headstock, though. I've never noticed 'dem big heads as sexy as yours. Debnebit. Tama si Jong (Bakit?) about big headstocks.  :-D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:46:37 AM by itchybrain »

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »
Fraud is right. 'Di matched yung tuners sa body. AFAIK, Klusons pa rin dapat yan kung '65 and Pre-CBS. Nice headstock, though. I've never noticed 'dem big heads as sexy as yours. Debnebit. Tama si Jong (Bakit?) about big headstocks.  :-D
hehe tsaka dapat yung three bolt neck plate kung large headstock strat yun.

anyway, I disagree on the large headstock thing, to me an old regular sized headstock with spaghetti style logo is still da bomb for strats. :lol:
super '57 fan kasi talaga ako hehe. :lol:

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »

anyway, I disagree on the large headstock thing, to me an old regular sized headstock with spaghetti style logo is still da bomb for strats. :lol:

parang meron yatang 4 bolt na large headstock.. can't remember where i read it :-)

well the logo with other markings on the headstock looks legit..malabo nga lang sa pic, pero i've seen raon strats with those complete markings

and another thing, gumagawa ba ng neck ang fender na hiwalay yung lower lip sa headstock? pati pala yung pup covers and other hardware, malabo yata ganyan pa kaputi para sa year kung late 60's nga yan :-D
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline jansam

« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2009, 07:55:47 PM »
 pati pala yung pup covers and other hardware, malabo yata ganyan pa kaputi para sa year kung late 60's nga yan :-D
[/quote]
sir bago na po yung puPs at  pickguards,TApos yung tuners pinalitan lng ata ng may-ari....
bale YUNg neck lang saka body yung bigay sakin.....
kinahoy na po kasi yan,(I mean kinuha n YUNg originaL PARTs) :-)
me pasok na.......
Rakenrol sa Skul!

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
pati pala yung pup covers and other hardware, malabo yata ganyan pa kaputi para sa year kung late 60's nga yan :-D

sir bago na po yung puPs at  pickguards,TApos yung tuners pinalitan lng ata ng may-ari....
bale YUNg neck lang saka body yung bigay sakin.....
kinahoy na po kasi yan,(I mean kinuha n YUNg originaL PARTs) :-)
I seriously doubt if that's a matching neck and body. can anyone clarify if they started making large headstock strats nung '65?

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2009, 08:21:20 AM »
Yo fraud..fender started making those large headstcks nung circa 66 na...kaya transitional strat tawag sa mga 66 strats..lam q nung 2oo5 they made 66ri strat to commemrate the strat,so i doubt na legit ung hdstck nya.if he insist its a 65 strat..ang kapareho lang sa 65 and 66 strats are their decal lang..thats it..apir yeahhhh..
AMMK!!!

Offline kadyubaldo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2009, 07:42:34 AM »
Sir, is it possible na ipa rehabilitate ang aking strat dyan sa Manila? I have to ship out my guitar sa mga master luthiers. Any suggestion to whom to I ship sa mga master dyan?

itchybrain

« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:55 AM »
Sir, is it possible na ipa rehabilitate ang aking strat dyan sa Manila? I have to ship out my guitar sa mga master luthiers. Any suggestion to whom to I ship sa mga master dyan?

You can try Jon dela Cruz of Elegee. IMHO, isa sa pinaka magaling na luthiers sa atin. You can check his work in the Elegee thread at GC. Here are his numbers: 027166665/09178904677.

Come to think of it, wala pa kong fender strat na may big-ass headstock. Puro regular and spagetti. :-D parang order sa jollibee ito ah.

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »
I seriously doubt if that's a matching neck and body. can anyone clarify if they started making large headstock strats nung '65?

clarifications lang :-) yung sa pic nung may ari deffinetly hindi siya 65,66,67,68,,kasi sa decal nya basicay ang decal ng 65 and 66 are i dentical,,at hindi mukhang 70s decal na may bold STRATOCASTER , tapos yung string tree niya , he has two so hindi parin, 65-71 strats ay single string tree lang, during 1972 lang ng start na maglagay ng double string tree and fender, also 1971 naman ng start yung "bullet" truss rod..so sa pic,malayung 65 or 66, this could be a reissue model lang,,,yun yung mga napansin ko  :roll:
AMMK!!!

Offline kadyubaldo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:30 AM »
You can try Jon dela Cruz of Elegee. IMHO, isa sa pinaka magaling na luthiers sa atin. You can check his work in the Elegee thread at GC. Here are his numbers: 027166665/09178904677.

Sir, thank you very much for the info. Appreciated it much.

Alex