hulika

Author Topic: Ibanez guitar users thread  (Read 3537158 times)

Offline eros00

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Ibanez guitar users thread
« Reply #15350 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »
holy cow  :-o..where did you get this one bro? afaik this is the same model as PG's dino..although modified n yung kay pg,ginawang standard bridge..ganda sir  :)
share ko lang din,here's his evil brother.. :razz:
(770dx re)

My eyes! It burns red!  >:D
How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb? Doesn't matter, they're never in the light anyways...

FSO: Ibanez RGA 42 Heavily Modded 27K NEGO!

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15351 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »
new set of strings  :-D tyming nman nabasa ko post mo eh expired n rin ung strings ko haha

Timing nga naman. :)

This is no J. Custom bro :) But you might like it. Or someone else might hehe...

Just take a look at those flames! Gibraltar Standard. Direct mount pickups.

Sayang di lang matching yung headstock sa body.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/nezuram/Clipboard02_zps716626b2.jpg

Gibraltar Plus to brother maruzen. Di ko na trip flames ng 2009 model (active). Less pronounced na hehe. Yung hindi matching headstock, actually I learned to love it. Rosewood over the 5 piece maple/walnut neck. Hindi siya boring tignan. Wouldn't mind having one with matching headstock with AAA flames though.

PGA? Di ba RGA? Almost looks like donat's (gunslinger) axe. Trip ko nga RGA7QM kaso mahal to da max! Hahaha!

Mali lang siguro spelling Russel. Hehe. PGA, ano kaya itsura nun. :|
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15352 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
Gibraltar Plus to brother maruzen. Di ko na trip flames ng 2009 model (active). Less pronounced na hehe. Yung hindi matching headstock, actually I learned to love it. Rosewood over the 5 piece maple/walnut neck. Hindi siya boring tignan. Wouldn't mind having one with matching headstock with AAA flames though.

thanks for the correction bro :)

your RGA321F has stock Ibby pickups?

FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15353 on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
thanks for the correction bro :)

your RGA321F has stock Ibby pickups?

Stock pickups were DiMarzio/IBZ. But I got mine loaded with CL/LF. I so love the LiquiFire. :cute:

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15354 on: January 11, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
After more than a year playing other guitar brands, my hands are back to more familiar territory.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline eros00

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15355 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »
Stock pickups were DiMarzio/IBZ. But I got mine loaded with CL/LF. I so love the LiquiFire. :cute:

Demo! Demo!  :lol:

I'm already loving my Dominions, now to get to play them again...

After more than a year playing other guitar brands, my hands are back to more familiar territory.

Nice! Anung model bro?!
How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb? Doesn't matter, they're never in the light anyways...

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15356 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
Nice! Anung model bro?!

AS73 ivory white bro. Been dreaming for a white guitar for more than a decade now hehe.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15357 on: January 11, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
Demo! Demo!  :lol:

I'm already loving my Dominions, now to get to play them again...

Demo? No! Come to our gig! Hehe. Naiintriga ako sa Dominions. :wink:

@ Skybox: Post mo naman body niyan. Mahilig ako sa mapuputi. :idea:

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15358 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »

Same here man. Lalo na with a curvy back side like this  :-D

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15359 on: January 11, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
Ang classy talaga pag white. Front naman. Damot. Haha!

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15360 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
^ haha striptease Skybox a, full frontal na yan bro :)

I have yet to hear CL/LF :) Everyone says they are awesome! 
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15361 on: January 11, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
^ haha striptease Skybox a, full frontal na yan bro :)

Lol! Churi naman hehe. :-D

Ang classy talaga pag white. Front naman. Damot. Haha!

Wehehe.

Completely agree. Lalo na pag medyo naninilaw for me.

I'm still adjusting to the shorter scale and the bigger body. Loving the feedback though.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline xto

« Reply #15362 on: January 12, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »
holy cow  :-o..where did you get this one bro? afaik this is the same model as PG's dino..although modified n yung kay pg,ginawang standard bridge..ganda sir  :)
share ko lang din,here's his evil brother.. :razz:
(770dx re)

Tks bro. Ganda din ng 770's mo.
Real evil looking color you got there on your 770's. The
maple board adds more flame on the color.

Galing mo sir kabisado mo mga models ng Ibby.

It's the same model as PG's dino indeed.

Got it from the U.S.

Offline call_of_ktulu25

• Netizen Level
« Reply #15363 on: January 12, 2013, 01:42:45 AM »
Hello,

I have an RG7321 (not something to be over proud of  :)) and decided to refinish it. I did a thorough research before commencing about the plain look of basswood, and about the filler used by Ibanez difficult to remove and sand by hand (coz I don’t have power tools) etc., but what the heck, I took the plunge sometime around September last year…..I was opting for a natural stained finish then tru oil…….

Sanding process – clear coat and black paint sanded away, I thought madali lang pala eto, but then came the hardest part. What you are seeing here is the thick filler used by Ibanez, not yet the bare basswood……I started to panic kasi mukhang malas ako sa grain to do a natural finish, but then……….this was a point of no return already  :-o since I already sanded down some parts of the filler (tingnan nyo ung lower horn and some parts of the body, those whitish patches)……..

More sanding – it was indeed, the filler is a bitch to remove so I asked some help from my landlord’s handyman. We used 60, 80, and 100 grits sandpaper and an improvised sanding block. But wait!!! Am I seeing some flame figuring on the top horn? Looks promising……..but still, the basswood looks like pinagtagpi-tagping 5 to 6 pieces na kahoy……ouch!!!

Sorry Sirs, hindi ko napicturan ung bare wood before staining…….

Now for the staining – as it turns out, sinuwerte ako sa grain, does not look like basswood at all, though it is still a sandwiched 5 pieces body…….I used Ace Walnut stain bought from Ace HW (not the “dark walnut” variant, just the ordinary walnut one)……applied with a brush. The technique was to apply the stain on one section at a time then immediately wipe it away with a clean rag. If you want to go darker, leave it around 10 to 15 seconds before wiping the excess……you will notice na may section na darker compared sa iba most specially sa sides, wala na kasi akong tiyagang mag prepped pa (pore/grain filling, o gamitin ng wood conditioner, para even ung stain)........hindi ko kasi totally na remove ung filler sa horns and some curvy sections of the sides may mga konti pang natitira........damn this project has been taking too long sa pagsasand pa lang, gusto ko ng magamit eto before December, kaya ayun lessons learned....more patience pa dapat....ang lakas humigop ng sections na may natitira pang filler ng stain kaya they appear to be darker......
Now for the pics. Yay!!!
Front

Back

Tru-oil application – I decided to go with Tru-Oil due to the good reviews of the product. It is a very forgiving finish, in which you can easily correct your mistakes (just sand it again then start all over). Just make sure that you wipe it thinly using a lint free cloth (old cotton t-shirts will do), and spread evenly, watch for build ups and spill overs especially on the sides kapag nag apply ka sa either front or back…..I used to do front and sides sa umaga after going home from work, then rest, then do the back sa gabi before going to work…..so on so forth……before the next coat, lightly wet sand it with a 0000 steel wool, I used water  :-o with detergent soap as lubricant……nothing wrong with water….pigain nyo lang mabuti ung steel wool before sanding……..para hindi mapasok ung mga screw holes

This is around 3rd coat of tru oil – you can see na hindi pa na fifill ung grain………

8th coat – grain filled already by tru oil, having a mirror like finished here…

10th coat – Yay!!!

I am already in the 18th coat, haven’t uploaded the picture yet kasi nakalimutan ko ung camera ko po. But I have to stop na kasi something came up last December, something really sad happened in my personal life, a loss of a loved one…….so I had the guitar hanged for the whole December after the 18th coat……….which turns out to be accidentally beneficial before polishing.......having the multiple layer of tru oil thoroughly dried definitely helps with the durability of the finish..........before, after a coat dried for 24 hours, i notice that I can easily dings the tru oil with my finger nail...........with the tru oil dried for about a month.........still i can ding it but needs a lot of force from my nails and fingers..........

This January, I had to move on, did a final wet sanding of steel wool to make it smooth before polishing, I will use 3M products and will post pics of the guitar before re assembling and the final product……this will have a D Sonic 7 in the bridge and an Air Norton 7 in the neck, Graphtech Black TUSQ XL nut and saddles courtesy of Bossing Boss, will also have a custom wiring in which I will be able to series, parallel, and split each pickups then a tree of life with hummingbird jockomo inlay sticker courtesy of Sir rtf_axeman....

Thank you for reading.....gawa kaya ako ng separate refinish thread baka may further questions po ung iba na interesado???....hope this helps for those who are planning to do a natural refinish with their low to mid entry Ibanez axes........though I wouldn't recommend this to your Prestiges, Premiums, discontinued and hard to find Ibanezes for obvious reasons...... :eek:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:34:35 AM by call_of_ktulu25 »

Offline kaizer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15364 on: January 12, 2013, 06:55:16 AM »
^wala bang like button para dito.. wahahaha.. grabe sipag nyo sir..

ako din mahilig sa natural wood finish pero wala akong ganyang sipag kaya ang binili ako rg470ahz.. wahahah..

Offline spoonbender

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15365 on: January 12, 2013, 07:06:56 AM »
Remember the SZ2020FM I bought from grasyaps,
I sent it to micsis to have it refinished, nasasayangan kasi ako sa grains :(
So before xmas, this is how it looked like:

Mamaya, makukuha ko na finished product. :D

Offline eros00

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15366 on: January 12, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
Demo? No! Come to our gig! Hehe. Naiintriga ako sa Dominions. :wink:

Hwohoho!  :wink:

Lol! Churi naman hehe. :-D

Wehehe.

Completely agree. Lalo na pag medyo naninilaw for me.

I'm still adjusting to the shorter scale and the bigger body. Loving the feedback though.

Uy nice! I remember Tom Kalnoky of Streetlight Manifesto with this guitar. Very uncommon na may white nito. Sweet!

Naiingit ako sa mga nagpaparefinish! Parefinish ko rin kaya yung akin  :lol:

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15367 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »
Sipag ni call_of_ktulu25!

Here's a last look of my RGA321F with the CrunchLab/LiquiFire loaded. Will be replacing 'em soon with Seymour Duncan. And no, they're not for sale guys.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15368 on: January 12, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
Tindi nyan gunslinger!  :drool:
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline opaymikko

« Reply #15369 on: January 12, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
Sipag ni call_of_ktulu25!

Here's a last look of my RGA321F with the CrunchLab/LiquiFire loaded. Will be replacing 'em soon with Seymour Duncan. And no, they're not for sale guys.

stooooooooopppppppp..  :cry: iz so sexaaaaaay..still wishing that ibanez would release new prestige RGA's equipped with fixed bridge   <_<

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15370 on: January 12, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
It looks great :) kaso zero trem sya, di kasya Tremol-No hehe :)

2000+ USD, wow!

intay tayo ng mura sa Ishibashi  :money:

2k USD.. not bad. considering it's a fine instrument. Ipon mode!! Siguro pag may lumabas na s8570 maaantala nanaman yung pagbili ko ng les paul... :eek:
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15371 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »
Here's a last look of my RGA321F with the CrunchLab/LiquiFire loaded.

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15372 on: January 12, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »
Ibanez SAS32EX
SA Series

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15373 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »
^ Nice Ibby you have there bro! The body binding looks like abalone when viewed from the front. And the zebra pickups, what are those? The neck inlays look great!

Any comment on the tremolo system on the SA? 

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #15374 on: January 13, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
Tindi nyan gunslinger!  :drool:

Mas matindi mga tugtog mo. 8-)

stooooooooopppppppp..  :cry: iz so sexaaaaaay..still wishing that ibanez would release new prestige RGA's equipped with fixed bridge   <_<

I'm thinking RGA Prestige with Tight End or Tight End R bridge. But I think those are design for flat top guitars and not for arched tops.

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Your ESP is more gorgeouserest!