hulika

Author Topic: THE JERKS  (Read 12331 times)

Offline aleck_p

The Jerks Albums & Official Merchandise
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »
Good news!

The Jerks' official merchandise (30th anniv shirt, Jerks logo shirt, Rage shirt,  posters, stickers) and albums (The Jerks Live @ 70's Bistro 1994 & The Jerks (1st album re-issue - coming this weekend 8-8-09) can be ordered at this online site:

http://www.jeepneyrockstop.multiply.com

Let's support The Jerks, buy original and official merchandise \m/

-Aleck

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE JERKS
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
i had a chance to attend a workshop about 10 years ago na rin, sa Lean, kasama si chickoy. also met monet. nakasama ko rin dati sila chickoy sa isang mob. mga totoong musikero talaga.
paborito kong the jerks song "minsan karaniwang tao".
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline astralasukal

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
World Class
FLY AWAY! SKYLINE PENGUIN, FLY!

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
i hope they redo "Mad Mathematical World" these days...or anyone here has original version of the track..share naman dyan  :-)

Offline waya_drum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 06:21:49 AM »
Lahat ng mga kanta nila may sense... Laging may pinatatamaan. Mabuhay kayo mga kasama! tuloy ang Rebolusyon gamit ang ating musiko!
Peace, Love and Much Respect!

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
IDOL ko yang Bandang yan Galing MGa veterano talaga hehehe
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline -nan-

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
isa sa "haligi ng maynila" este haligi ng pinoy rock! hehehe... yung kanta nilang "he says" katunog ng intro ng baba o' riley ng the who... tingin ko lang ah. :-D ganda rin nung ballad nila na malayo na ang puso...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:00:59 PM by -nan- »
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather-

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
sana bumalik pa si ser nitoy sa jerks..

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
^baket umalis ba sya? eh sino nang lead ng the jerks?
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline keida

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
heard nitoy got kicked out.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »
heard nitoy got kicked out.

bakit daw ser??

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »
ayos talaga mga kanta nila, may tunog na,may laman pa!

sayaw sa bubog!
relamo ng reklamo!!!
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline keida

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
bakit daw ser??

i dunno, but their manager kicked him out.
parang di na jerks pag wala na si nitoy, and just chikoy.

i love that band to bits.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
sayang naman, 32 years na sila magkabanda, tapos ganun lang na tinanggal, grabe sakripisyo ni ser nitoy sa bandang ito, layo ng binabyahe nya para lang makatugtog.. sayang.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
obvious ba na fan din ako! hehehe..

the best! hindi lang sa local scene kundi sa buong music scene..

PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
obvious ba na fan din ako! hehehe..

the best! hindi lang sa local scene kundi sa buong music scene..

same here sir  :mrgreen:

Offline calculon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:29 AM »
i love them! Batang Bistro ako eh.
what's your favorite The Jerks' Song? mine is Reklamo ng Reklamo and Rage. :-D
bitterly :-D
your hormones control you!!!

Offline pogikaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »
Miss ko na the jerks!  :oops:
  speak good, think good, do good and you will definitely feel good! - dearest

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »
haligi ng maynila!!!

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
A lot of you are probably not aware of this but the Jerks were the first Filipino Punk Band. Influenced by the Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash (the punk rock triumvirate) plus a healthy dose of Rolling Stones and Neil Young, their punk rock sound is very mature for this time. Even before this, they were already disciplined professional musicians.

Chikoy Pura was a folk singer who can copy Neil Young's voice very well. Jun Lopito likewise was a folksinger and guitarist in some rock bands around Metro Manila. When they formed the Jerks in 1979(with Flor Mendoza on drums and Boy Matriano on bass) they played the Shakey's circuit and the long defunct ON Disco. They were a sensation to say the least. Influencing a lot along the way including a very very young Buddy Trinidad who only a few years later would form Betrayed.

I don't exactly remember when did Nitoy Adriano joined the group but during the mid 80s, there were a lot of problems in the ranks. Jun Lopito and Chikoy Pura have been arguing a lot, Jun once told them to stop playing punk and insisted on an all Rolling Stones repertoire (Jun being a huge Keith Richards fan - the Jerks even backed Pepe Smith once in a project concert were they played an all Rolling Stones set).

By mid-80s, the Jerks disbanded. Chikoy formed East Force (practically the Jerks without Jun Lopito) and Coup D'Grace (different line up altogether except Nitoy Adriano). Jun Lopito joined Cocojam and various other bands until launching a solo career.

Flor Mendoza became one of Pinoy Rock's most in demand live drummer. Played for almost anyone (Pen Pen, Banyuhay, Sampaguita etc...) sadly passing away a few years back.

No word from Boy Matriano after East Force.

Chikoy reformed the Jerks in the late 80's - early 90's performing occasionally.

I last saw them last February on Buddy Trinidad's birthday. Seeing my favorite Pinoy Punk band and the First Pinoy Punk band was an experience I will never forget.
My only complaint is that the present drummer of the Jerks is so loud in playing he doesn't know how to balance his sound with the rest. In fact Chikoy's vocals in drowned by the drums.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline finch.

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
ang tatay mong kalbo  :-D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
A lot of you are probably not aware of this but the Jerks were the first Filipino Punk Band. Influenced by the Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash (the punk rock triumvirate) plus a healthy dose of Rolling Stones and Neil Young, their punk rock sound is very mature for this time. Even before this, they were already disciplined professional musicians.

Chikoy Pura was a folk singer who can copy Neil Young's voice very well. Jun Lopito likewise was a folksinger and guitarist in some rock bands around Metro Manila. When they formed the Jerks in 1979(with Flor Mendoza on drums and Boy Matriano on bass) they played the Shakey's circuit and the long defunct ON Disco. They were a sensation to say the least. Influencing a lot along the way including a very very young Buddy Trinidad who only a few years later would form Betrayed.

I don't exactly remember when did Nitoy Adriano joined the group but during the mid 80s, there were a lot of problems in the ranks. Jun Lopito and Chikoy Pura have been arguing a lot, Jun once told them to stop playing punk and insisted on an all Rolling Stones repertoire (Jun being a huge Keith Richards fan - the Jerks even backed Pepe Smith once in a project concert were they played an all Rolling Stones set).

By mid-80s, the Jerks disbanded. Chikoy formed East Force (practically the Jerks without Jun Lopito) and Coup D'Grace (different line up altogether except Nitoy Adriano). Jun Lopito joined Cocojam and various other bands until launching a solo career.

Flor Mendoza became one of Pinoy Rock's most in demand live drummer. Played for almost anyone (Pen Pen, Banyuhay, Sampaguita etc...) sadly passing away a few years back.

No word from Boy Matriano after East Force.

Chikoy reformed the Jerks in the late 80's - early 90's performing occasionally.

I last saw them last February on Buddy Trinidad's birthday. Seeing my favorite Pinoy Punk band and the First Pinoy Punk band was an experience I will never forget.
My only complaint is that the present drummer of the Jerks is so loud in playing he doesn't know how to balance his sound with the rest. In fact Chikoy's vocals in drowned by the drums.

pinoy punk!  :evil:

Offline bluessical

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
Go not gently into the night!

Offline vitek

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 01:17:31 AM »

I love their song RAGE :mrgreen:
♫ Transgression and Instrumental Virtuosity ♫                                                             

Offline jao25

• Netizen Level
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
syempre yung RAGE fav. ko at yung MALAYO NA ANG PUSO ganda ng lyrics.
love this band!!!! :)