hulika

Author Topic: if your in a band would you perform for free?  (Read 21282 times)

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: if your in a band would you perform for free?
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2007, 05:02:58 PM »
tutugtog kamim kahit walang bayad.. maka tug tog lang naman gusto namin eh..

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2007, 12:27:33 AM »
i can see two sides here, the working and the students.

Most of the time, students are the ones who don't mind playing for free, and the working (meaning di na nag-aaral, may sarili na raket sa mundo) are those who wants to be paid kahit na yung travel expenses lang. Correct me if i'm wrong, all of us have passion to play. But to those who are much older, mature and do work 8 hours a day or more may play for free sometimes but, andun pa rin yung feeling na "hindi ba pwedeng ma-reimburse kahit pamasahe lang?". Honestly for me, kahit na magtunog mayabang ako, my band has been playing in the scene here in Dagupan since 1997, on and off ang gigs namin hindi tulad ng dati, kasi all of us are working and some have families. kaya not all the time, pwede kami tumugtog ng libre. Although gustuhin man namin, we have to think about travel allowance, food allowance and kahit papano, reimbursement ng pinangpractice namin. Kasi gumagamit pa rin kami ng kuryente sa studio namin.

At least for the students, they have their allowance na hinihingi sa magulang, and the single dudes who they spend their wages for themselves. Pero pag may family ka na, sometimes you think twice if it's still worth it. Oo, andun yung passion mo, pero hindi ka mabubuhay sa passion lang....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline pipo

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
ako ayos lang basta masaya!hehehe
lalo na if its for a charity.its a pleasure performing
for the sick & less fortunate people. :lol:
1. Do you know for sure that you are going to be with God in Heaven?
2. GOD: “Why should I let you into My Heaven?”
 what would you say?