hulika

Author Topic: RandyMarsh's DIY Pedal Mods (Two New Pedals In the Works)  (Read 65710 times)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RandyMarsh's DIY Pedals (Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Mod)
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »
How to Mod a Pedal

At some point this thread will have to end.

I'm not a tone connoisseur, i don't have the funds to buy top of the line amps/guitars. Unfortunately, I don't even have a band right now and my playing skills is not up to par. But I want to share to everyone what I've learned in the past few months of modding and building pedals. Most of you may not know me and being almost a noob here, my intention is just to share information.

My Modded Pedals

Before You Mod a Pedal

There are lots of way to improve your tone before resorting to modded or boutique pedals. Here are some tidbits that I learned over the years.

- Guitar. Check your guitar first. Send it to a luthier for a good ol' general setup. You may want to upgrade your no-name (or manufacturer stock) pickups to decent branded ones. DiMarzio, Seymour Duncans, Bare Knuckles, Elegee, etc, will do just fine. You may also want to disconnect the tone knob from your guitar's circuit (or you can replace the tone knob pot with a "no load" pot).
- Strings and Picks. Make sure that the strings loaded in your guitar are still ok. Replace them if necessary. There's a trick that I do when I was still in high school, I would get a pot and boil water, dip in the wound strings for a minute and wipe it with dry cloth. You may want to use heavier guage strings. Picks do affect your tone. I use 1.14mm Dunlop tortex picks for years. It never failed me.
- Cables. It's probably the cheapest and most effective upgrade. For years I've been using the cheap cable that came with my guitar. For 500 pesos (I think) you can buy Klotz cable which is way much better the more common, no name cables. Also the shorter the cable is, the better. I use Fender Tone Master Instrument cables, and IMO they are the best cables out there (that my wallet can afford).
- Pedals and Pedal Board. I have a few dozen of pedals but I don't have a working pedal board. I noticed when you start chaining two or more pedals in series you will loose some clarity in your guitar's tone (especially with pedals that uses input buffers). That's why when I jam with friends or play with my old band I'd bring only one pedal (and sometimes a wah pedal when i'm not lazy). There are times that I don't even bring a pedal with me. I'll just use the amp's distortion and back off the guitar's volume knob to dial in clean tones. (A EQ pedal can also improve your overall tone).
- Amp. There are lot's of decent solid state and cheap tube amp out in the market. Even though some will swear on their expensive amp, for me it's not a big deal. It's not like you will be playing infront of Eric Johnson or your d*ck is at stake when you have bad tone. Just make sure that you don't play with a blown speaker and dial in some mids.
- ETC. I prefer to stay away from unnecessary devices. The shorter the signal path is, the clearer tone your guitar will have.
- Fingers. Enough said.

Tone is also subjective. It differs for person to person. Modding your pedal does not always equate to a better tone. I've seen many mods on youtube that sounds nasty for my taste. You may also want to try backing down the gain a little bit, in which at loud settings may sound very effective (Thanks Nathan!).

Tools

The things that you will need when performing modifications.

-Guitar
-Amp
-Guitar Cables
-Soldering Iron and Lead
-Resistors and Capacitors
-Jumper Cables
-Screw Driver
-Scissors
-Multimeter (optional)
-Audio probe - http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/debug.html
-Pedal Schematics or Pedal Mod guides
-Electrical tape

I bought this device (I forgot the name of this gizmo, it's the black device with a big Omega character) where you can hook it up to your circuit and change the value of the resistor with a turn of a dial. I also made a "dial in a capacitor value" device from 12 capacitors with different values, a pcb and a 12 position rotary switch (the device with lots of orange wires). The audio probe is useful for troubleshooting your pedal (there might be some instances that no sound will come out when you test it).

I buy capacitors and resistors in packs. It's way much cheaper and time saver to buy in bulk (especially if you are planning to mod a couple of pedals).

Basic References

You must learn how to read capacitor and resistor values before proceeding. Just google it and you'll find tons of resources on the internet. Here are some

Resistor Values - http://www.dannyg.com/examples/res2/resistor.htm
Capacitor Values - http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/capac.htm

Basic Tone Mods

Most big manufacturers will use cheap components. That's why before I mod my pedal, I will try to replace all capacitors with MKTs, mylars or silver micas. You can also further reduce the pedal's floor noise by replacing those nasty 1uF polarized electrolytic capacitors with MKTs or tantalums. When I performed my first pedal mod, I tried to replace the 100nF and 1uF caps with precise metal film caps. It a little bit pricey (ranging from $2 to $10 each) but they do sound good (you will have problems squeezing them in your pedal's confined space).

Huge Yellow Cap

More Yellow Boxed Caps

I love modding dirt pedals because with minimal component change, you can immediately notice the difference when you test it. The first thing to look for are the high pass and low pass filters in the pedal's schematics. You can also calculate what frequencies to attenuate and what component values to use. Refer to the references below.

High Pass Filter - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-pass_filter
Low Pass Filter - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-pass_filter

But I'm too lazy to perform calculations that's why I do it by ear. By using my DIY "dial in a capacitor" and my "dial in a resistor" (forgotten the product's name) devices, I would remove a capacitor and a resistor installed on the pedal's PCB, replace it with the dial device using the stock values. Then I'll connect the pedal to a guitar and amp (with guitar cables or with an audio probe), point all knobs on the pedal to 12 o clock and test the tones by ear. Choose your prefered tone by playing a few power chords and by incrementing/decrementing the values of the capacitor and resistor.

Here's an example using a Boss DS-1 and Boss MT-2 Metal Zone schematics (By the way I've done these mods to my pedals).

DS-1 - http://www.godiksennet.com/images/sch/DS1PG2.jpg
MT-2 - http://www.godiksennet.com/images/sch/mt2-06.jpg

Note: I'll be using the schematics of a Boss DS-1 and MT-2 for most of my examples.

For the Boss DS-1, I replaced C3 (stock value 47nF) to 39nF. With this small change, I was able to add more mids. I also made this change to my Vox Satchurator, now it has more mids that before (and now it sounds better than my DS-1).

For the Boss MT-2, I replaced C29 (stock value 33nF) to 100nF. With this change, i was able to add more bass to my pedal.

You can experiment with different resistor and capacitor values on the high/low pass filter using the schematics as your guide. It's also a good idea to take note of the changes that you have made, just in case you want to revert back to the original/modded values.

You can also change the caps and resistors connected to the tone knob as you like.

The basic rule is (depending if its a high or low pass filter)

- low value capacitors are used to increase/decrease higher frequencies
- high value capacitors are used to boost/cut lower frequencies

Also be aware that some capacitor types have polarity. I remember replacing an electrolytic cap with a tantalum with the polarity reversed. It produced weird sounds on my pedal and it took me days to troubleshoot the pedal.

Clipping Circuit

To locate the clipping section of a dirt pedal, all you need to locate are the diodes connected in parallel (Metal Zone - D4 and D3, DS-1 - D4 and D5). You can experiment with different components (LED, germaniums, mosfet) for the clipping circuit. You can also add another diode in series to one of the clipping diodes for asymetrical clipping. You can also increase the distortion/gain of a pedal by locating the resistor and capacitor connected in parallel with the clipping diodes (Metal Zone R13 and C23) or in series with the distortion knob (DS-1 R13 and C8). Increasing the values of the resistor in this section increases the pedal's distortion. The capacitor dicates the range of the frequency that will be clipped. Be sure to test the distortion knob's range before soldering your prefered components. Experiment.

Switches, True By Pass

It's an advantage if you can perform a true bypass mod on pedal. Unfortunately this mod is difficult to execute on Boss pedals. If you are a true bypass snob, you can rehouse your pedal and add a 3pdt heavy footswitch. Trace the pedal's input. Chances are, the first or second transistor in the circuit that you will encounter (DS-1 - Q6) will be the input gate.

Also with a help of a drill and installing some mini SPDT or DPDT switches to your mods, you can have more mod options at your finger tips. For example, on the Boss MT-2, using a DPDT switch, you can reinstall the caps C35 and C25 to the switch and wire them back to the PCB. You can disable these two caps with a flick of the switch, thus removing the harshness of the pedal. By flicking this switch again activates the caps as they were stock, retaining the factory default, hissy sound of the Metal Zone.

My Modded MT-2 and XT-2. I think it needs another switch.

Op Amp Upgrades

You can experiment with different opamps on your pedal. From costly Burr Brown chips to the famous JRC4558 chips. You don't have to replace the opamp unless, whatever capacitors or resistors you replace on the board, the pedal still sounds harsh or noisy. I tried replacing the stock JRC4558s on the Metal Zone using Burr Brown OPA2134 but it only increased the distortion of the pedal causing my other mods to fail. However, replacing the Mitsubishi M5128 chip in my DS-1 with an OPA2134 did remove the harshness of the pedal. Replacing an 8SIP chip with an 8DIP will require a chip adapter. Using an 8DIP socket and some wires, you can build your own chip adapter.

Always make sure that the layout of the pins are correct and does not short with the other pins. Always refer to the chip's datasheet that can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Also do not install an opamp in reverse orientation because this may destroy the chip. I manage to burn a $7 Burr Brown chip and a $10 AD712 chip by placing it in reverse.

You can also check this reference from Texas Instruments when choosing a substitute opamp.

http://focus.ti.com/logic/docs/crossreference.tsp?sectionId=451&familyId=1

Biasing the OPAMP/FET Transistor

You can also modify the voltage that flows to the FET amplifier or input of an op amp. By doing this mod,you can clean up or add a little more distortion to your pedal. This is by changing the resistor value connected to the source of the FET Transistor (DS-1, R9) and/or the reference voltage that flows to the gate of the FET by changing the resistor that's connected to transistor's gate (DS-1, R6). On my DS-1, I increased R9 a little bit (to 100 ohms) to bias the gate to 4.2 volts, removing a little bit of distortion in the input amplifier stage. The same principle applies to op amps. By changing the reference voltage, you can have a cleaner or a distorted output from the op amp.

You can also increase/decrease distortion by changing value of the feedback resistor connected to the op amp.

Here's a good reference for op amps - http://williamson-labs.com/480_opam.htm

Closing Remarks :)

There you go folks. When performing mods it's important to take short breaks in between, especially when testing your modded pedal. Sometimes I'll test the pedal the day after. This way I'll now that my hearing has not been impaired and my thoughts not clouded by the fumes of the soldering lead. It's a lengthy post but I hope you'll benefit from this. Good luck with your pedals.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:57:16 AM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline riccaliolio

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RandyMarsh's Guide on Modding Pedals
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »
Awww... I thought you will be modifying a Jemini pa... :)

A very nice tutorial you got there. Thanks a lot for those info.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
Wow, thank you for the very detailed post!

this should be very helpful to us, and all budding modders. I dont think i've encountered such guidelines before online.

more power to ya!  :-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »
sir, natrace mo na ung satchurator??
h

Offline paparoni

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:08 AM »
ayos, sana may subject akong ganito, hindi ako magcucut non  :-)

salamats sa info sir  :-)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »
Awww... I thought you will be modifying a Jemini pa... :)

A very nice tutorial you got there. Thanks a lot for those info.

you're welcome :) yeah, i'll be still modding pedals pero i'm not going detail my mods here unless someone wants it. i'm still hunting for a jemini pedal.  :-D

Wow, thank you for the very detailed post!

this should be very helpful to us, and all budding modders. I dont think i've encountered such guidelines before online.

:) there are some guidelines online pero pedal specific.

sir, natrace mo na ung satchurator??

yep. the main distortion circuit is very similar to a japan made ds-1 (binabawi ko yung post ko dati na hindi siya similar sa ds-1  :-D). i have to say it's a modded ds-1. they changed the switching, added the "more" circuit and "pad" switch and added additional components and a couple of 0 ohm smd resistor to caumoflage the ds-1 inside. it also uses, i think, a burr brown op amp chip. could be that's the reason why sounds cleaner and a little less harsh that the taiwan ds-1 equipped with m5128s.

ayos, sana may subject akong ganito, hindi ako magcucut non  :-)

i remember having EE and ECE classes in college with these topics. school subjects can be really boring until you can find ways of applying the theories to real life, lalo na sa paggigitara. :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:56:52 AM by randymarsh »
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline omen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »
sir marshall jmp-1 may alam ka na magandang mod? :-)

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »
haha. :lol:

sabi na nga ba japanese ds-1 na modified lang talaga ang satchurator eh, sobrang obvious talaga on actual testing kasi.

you're welcome :) yeah, i'll be still modding pedals pero i'm not going detail my mods here unless someone wants it. i'm still hunting for a jemini pedal.  :-D

oks pre, balitaan mo kami pagdating ng jemini... nakatest na ako kasi nun. Mas ok di hamak compared sa satchurator.  :)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
oks pre, balitaan mo kami pagdating ng jemini...

oks :)

sir marshall jmp-1 may alam ka na magandang mod? :-)

di pa ako nakakagamit ng jmp-1. pero nagkaroon na ako dati ng digitech gsp 2101. you can get the schematics of the marshall jmp-1 here

http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/jmp1-61-04.pdf

if your jmp-1 is more than 10 years old and constantly using it, probably you can replace the caps to make it sound like new again as they will loose capacitance with age and with the heat produced by tubes. i'd stay far away from the tube area as you can get electrocuted.

Offline riccaliolio

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
i remember having EE and ECE classes in college with these topics. school subjects can be really boring until you can find ways of applying the theories to real life, lalo na sa paggigitara. :D

Haha! Naalala ko tuloy ung teacher namin sa ECE 1... Ang masasabi ko lang ngayon eh, amp! :D

Offline omen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
tnx sir.

oks :)

di pa ako nakakagamit ng jmp-1. pero nagkaroon na ako dati ng digitech gsp 2101. you can get the schematics of the marshall jmp-1 here

http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/jmp1-61-04.pdf

if your jmp-1 is more than 10 years old and constantly using it, probably you can replace the caps to make it sound like new again as they will loose capacitance with age and with the heat produced by tubes. i'd stay far away from the tube area as you can get electrocuted.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »
Boss CE-5 Wet/Vibrato Mod (Very Easy!)

I call this "the Wet mod" because with this mod you can remove the dry signal from the effect out in output A. The result is the wet vibrato signal. You can get the same effect by plugging an extra guitar cable in output B and using output A as your main signal output.

All you need is a drill, wires and a SPST or SPDT switch.

Connect wires to the ring and sleeve connector of output B plug and the other end of the wires to a switch. See image below.

With the switch mounted

With this mod, I can switch between stock chorus or vibrato modes. No tone mods for this pedal because the components are surface mounted (for versions CE-5a).

Enjoy.  :-)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:28:30 AM by randymarsh »

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RandyMarsh's DIY Pedal Mods (Boss CE-5 Wet/Vibrato Mod - Very Easy!)
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2009, 03:37:02 PM »
youtube demo - ce-5 vibrato mod + mt2 rectified mod.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mwI8AAUD1Po

enjoy :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:39:40 PM by randymarsh »

Offline scuttlebutter

• Forum Fanatic
Re: RandyMarsh's DIY Pedal Mods (Proco Rat Clone - Germanium and MOSFET clipping
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »
Malapit na matapos.  :-D Circuit is based on the Ibanez ts808 circuit with modifications to add more bass, better tone knob and gain knob range.

Features :

Clipping control panel - switch between GE, Silicon, LED and Mosfet clipping section
Clipping mode selector - switch between two clipping setting set in the control panel
Asymmetrical/Symmetrical switch- change clipping modes by removing or adding another diode in the clipping section
TS808 to TS9 switch - add more treble by switching to TS9
True Bypass
Hi grade components
Swappable IC - right now it's using a Texas Instrument RC4558 chip.

Malapit na matapos. I'm cleaning up the connections.

And this pedal has an owner already :D Will post clips/videos soon. Stay tuned. :)

Hi Arjin! Thanks so much for bringing El Grapadura into my life! I absolutely love it!
As promised, here is my review...

Product: El Grapadura
Price Paid: UNKNOWN
Submitted 02/02/2009 at 10:33pm by Scuttlebutter

Ease of Use: 11
It’s got 3 knobs – Volume, Tone, & Drive.

It also has 3 toggle switches –
The first toggle switch lets you choose between Germanium & MOSFET diodes.
The second toggle switch lets you choose between TS808 & TS9.
The third toggle switch lets you choose between Asymmetrical & Symmetrical clippings.

There is a control panel inside that can give you a Silicon/LED option on the first toggle.

Sound: 11
This pedal delivers the holy trinity of overdrive tones: sweet, warm, and smooth. The biggest challenge here is to find a bad sound. This pedal has none! Great job, Arjin!  :-)

The Germanium is very juicy while the MOSFET gives a really nice big singing boost! The TS9 mode gives a bit of a brighter tone compared to the TS808 mode. Symmetrical clipping is silky smooth while Asymmetrical clipping adds a bit of grit. Whichever setting you choose, El Grapadura will give you great tone!

The pedal has a good amount of volume! Unity volume on Germanium mode is around 10:30 while unity volume on MOSFET mode is about 9 o'clock. The tone knob is very responsive. The Drive knob is very generous.

I did 2 tests that I feel every TS and TS-type overdrive pedal should pass. The first test is for clones, which is an A/B with a real Ibanez TS. The second test is a play-along with an SRV jam track of the song Tightrope.

For the A/B test with an Ibanez TS808 Reissue, I was able to replicate the TS808 tone with toggles on Germanium/TS808/Asymmetrical. I haven’t tried bringing out the Silicon/LED option but I’m so happy with the current diode choices that I don’t think I ever will. The Grapadura not only matched the tone of the real thing, but surpassed the real thing’s versatility. So as far as the A/B test is concerned, El Grapadura passes with flying colors!

Stevie’s tone & playing in Tightrope is simply amazing. For the Tightrope test, well, I’ll be the first to admit, this is probably the most unfair test of all, for both the pedal and the guitar player. But the Grapadura did a pretty good job. It’s hard to duplicate Stevie’s tone and my playing certainly isn’t spot on, but with my strat & Blues Junior amp, the vibe & mojo are definitely there. The Grapadura certainly gets you in Tightrope and Texas Flood territory. I totally love this pedal. I wouldn’t trade it for a real Ibanez TS!

Reliability: 11
This thing is extremely well-built. I doubt this will ever break.

Customer Support: 11
Arjin is one of the nicest guys I know and I’m sure this will never be an issue should anything happen to the pedal.

Overall Rating: 11
Does the Grapadura give true TS tone? Yes, it does! That plus more! It totally rocks! But even with its versatility, it is still just an overdrive pedal. But what is does, it does really well. This pedal will excel in any type of music that calls for an overdriven guitar tone.

If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn’t hesitate to ask Arjin to build me another one!  :wink:

I’ve been playing guitar for quite a number of years now and I’ve played some really nice pedals. El Grapadura is up there with the big boys. And it makes me really proud that a friend of mine built this thing from scratch.

Thanks Arjin!  :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:08:39 AM by scuttlebutter »

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »
Hi Arjin! Thanks so much for bringing El Grapadura into my life! I absolutely love it!

The third toggle switch lets you choose between Asymmetrical & Symmetrical clippings.

There is a control panel inside that can give you a Silicon/LED option on the first toggle.

This pedal delivers the holy trinity of overdrive tones: sweet, warm, and smooth. The biggest challenge here is to find a bad sound. This pedal has none! Great job, Arjin!  :-)

The Germanium is very juicy while the MOSFET gives a really nice big singing boost! The TS9 mode gives a bit of a brighter tone compared to the TS808 mode. Symmetrical clipping is silky smooth while Asymmetrical clipping adds a bit of grit. Whichever setting you choose, El Grapadura will give you great tone!

The pedal has a good amount of volume! Unity volume on Germanium mode is around 10:30 while unity volume on MOSFET mode is about 9 o'clock. The tone knob is very responsive. The Drive knob is very generous.

I did 2 tests that I feel every TS and TS-type overdrive pedal should pass. The first test is for clones, which is an A/B with a real Ibanez TS. The second test is a play-along with an SRV jam track of the song Tightrope.

For the A/B test with an Ibanez TS808 Reissue, I was able to replicate the TS808 tone with toggles on Germanium/TS808/Asymmetrical. I haven’t tried bringing out the Silicon/LED option but I’m so happy with the current diode choices that I don’t think I ever will. The Grapadura not only matched the tone of the real thing, but surpassed the real thing’s versatility. So as far as the A/B test is concerned, El Grapadura passes with flying colors!

Stevie’s tone & playing in Tightrope is simply amazing. For the Tightrope test, well, I’ll be the first to admit, this is probably the most unfair test of all, for both the pedal and the guitar player. But the Grapadura did a pretty good job. It’s hard to duplicate Stevie’s tone and my playing certainly isn’t spot on, but with my strat & Blues Junior amp, the vibe & mojo are definitely there. The Grapadura certainly gets you in Tightrope and Texas Flood territory. I totally love this pedal. I wouldn’t trade it for a real Ibanez TS!

Arjin is one of the nicest guys I know and I’m sure this will never be an issue should anything happen to the pedal.

Does the Grapadura give true TS tone? Yes, it does! That plus more! It totally rocks! But even with its versatility, it is still just an overdrive pedal. But what is does, it does really well. This pedal will excel in any type of music that calls for an overdriven guitar tone.

If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn’t hesitate to ask Arjin to build me another one!  :wink:

I’ve been playing guitar for quite a number of years now and I’ve played some really nice pedals. El Grapadura is up there with the big boys. And it makes me really proud that a friend of mine built this thing from scratch.

hahaha! thanks for the review. kala ko nasa harmony central ako.  :-D

the new drill bit just arrived last week. hehehe, pwede na uli ako magbarena ng enclosures.

watch out for the continuum transfunctioner!!!!  :lol:

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2009, 06:18:25 AM »

hahaha! thanks for the review. kala ko nasa harmony central ako.  :-D

the new drill bit just arrived last week. hehehe, pwede na uli ako magbarena ng enclosures.

watch out for the continuum transfunctioner!!!!  :lol:

Offline scuttlebutter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2009, 01:50:38 PM »
The Continuum Transfunctioner is a very mysterious and powerful device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power. When possessed at the right time and place, can get you some really hot wild sex with some really f@#king hot chicks!

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2009, 06:50:35 AM »
The Continuum Transfunctioner is a very mysterious and powerful device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power. When possessed at the right time and place, can get you some really hot wild sex with some really f@#king hot chicks!

hahaha!!! ETA sa Sunday!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!  :-D

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »
i prefer this

:-D

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
how about Ds-1? is there a way to equalize the pedal to give it a more prominent midrange? it scoops mids e, and i prefer boosting the mids than scooping them. ive searched the net na, but info is scarce (not even DIY pedal mods helped :facepalm:)

the temporary solution i did was place an 808 copy after it, but the inherent noise is meh.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2009, 06:28:21 AM »
In the works  :-D

The Continuum Transfunctioner (left)
and The Bad-Ass Gravity Pump (right)

The continuum transfunctioner is a very mysterious and powerful device and it's mystery is exceeded only by it's power.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »
In the works  :-D

The Continuum Transfunctioner (left)
and The Bad-Ass Gravity Pump (right)

The continuum transfunctioner is a very mysterious and powerful device and it's mystery is exceeded only by it's power.

these look nice :D, what does it do? i likey2x

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2009, 07:26:41 AM »
these look nice :D, what does it do? i likey2x

The Continuum Transfunctioner contains two different overdrive circuits, both "true bypass"-able. the right side of the pedal has more gain than the left side. with a flick of a switch you can reverse the order of the overdrives. each overdrive circuit also have a "boost mode" switch. with these options you can have two boost circuits, two overdrive circuits or an overdrive and boost circuit in one pedal.  :-D

The Bad-Ass Gravity Pump is a monster distortion pedal. The left side of the pedal contains two distortion circuits while right side is the boost circuit. With almost same features of the Continuum Transfunctioner but with more gain.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2009, 07:39:35 AM »
how about Ds-1? is there a way to equalize the pedal to give it a more prominent midrange? it scoops mids e, and i prefer boosting the mids than scooping them. ive searched the net na, but info is scarce (not even DIY pedal mods helped :facepalm:)

the temporary solution i did was place an 808 copy after it, but the inherent noise is meh.

check mo to bro.
http://arjinted.blogspot.com/2009/01/modding-pedals.html

:-D