hulika

Author Topic: My Noobish Blues Track  (Read 1208 times)

Offline curlicue

My Noobish Blues Track
« on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »
so I've been hooked on a lot of bluesy stuff lately and started to study its music theory. i just figured out about scales recently and started playing around with the blues scale... came up with this thing that revolves around 3 chords - A,E,B - and sounds pretty generic for a blues tune, imho.

get ready for some lousy guitar playing and poor recording (i just plugged in my guitar via a cable to the laptop and recorded with audacity).

Same Old Blues

still... i was quite psyched to have been able to come up with a tune that quick. although I'd imagine that this tune probably sounds like a thousand other blues tunes in existence...

any leads/tips out there on who to listen to and what songs to try out to get better? just keep in mind that I'm just a beginner with this thing though. nothing too complicated please. thanks.
ARGH! >>> An Error Has Occurred! - Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: My Noobish Blues Track
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
hi bro! i'm also a blues noob... anyway, try to listen to the classic greats!

the three kings... namely bb king, albert king, and freddie king...

you can also listen to the ff:

jimi hendrix
stevie ray vaughn
eric clapton
john coltrane
buddy guy
ray charles
otis rush
rolling stones

some contemporary artists such as:

doyle bramhall
robert cray
susan tedeschi

other artists:

julian sas
erskine hawkins
albert collins
mike zeto
melanie mason

so far these guys are what i'm listening to to get that classic and contemporary blues vibe...

you can also listen to ritchie kotzen and acdc...

there are also fusion guitarists that use blues as their base genre...

simon patterson
ulf wakenius (jazz guitarist)

there are so many artists to mention... lol... anyway, i'd love to jam with you sometime dude...

by the way, the basic chord prog for blues is the I-IV-V progression... i have some backing tracks which you can use for practice...

good luck! grin
[

Offline neiloid

• Forum Fanatic
Re: My Noobish Blues Track
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
try listening to gary moore. :-)