hulika

Author Topic: Speaker Repair, Parts and Replacment  (Read 10882 times)

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
Speaker Repair, Parts and Replacment
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »
Guys, I need your help...

One of my JBL JRX 115 High Frequency Transducer (JBL 2412H-1) is not working anymore... I think the Diaphragm is already blown...

do you guys know someone who can do repair, or if you guys know if i can buy replacement diaphragm for it?

buying the whole tweeter assembly is not reasonable for me..

i found this site.. which sells replacement diaphragms...

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/dwp_jbl_2412h-1_driver_diaphragm.php

problem is sa states pa sya... so it would take long though its cheaper...

im looking for alternatives. cause i use this in my studio and sound system rentals..

maybe you guys could suggest....

one more thing.. if i could replace this tweeter with higher model to go with my JBL JRX 115..

what model would you suggest and i need reliable ones..

thanks...
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
Re: Speaker Repair, Parts and Replacment
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
iniisip ko nga yung mag nagrerepair ng speaker dun sa raon kung kaya ba nila? hehehehe
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
Dre,
Speaker rewinding is such a mature art, there are many guys at raon who can fix it to a state where you wouldn't know if it got blown.

Ngalang meron ding bano.

Along Sales st going down to the corner of Ronquillo, you'll find a speaker rewinder na may pwesto (hindi bangketa). It appears he's trusted by pros because one time we saw a pair of Yamaha NS10's being rewound there.

There's also a high-end speaker rewinder here at Philmusic...his nick just escapes me right now but his shop is near here...at Lopez Jaena in Paco.

Guys, I need your help...

One of my JBL JRX 115 High Frequency Transducer (JBL 2412H-1) is not working anymore... I think the Diaphragm is already blown...

do you guys know someone who can do repair, or if you guys know if i can buy replacement diaphragm for it?

buying the whole tweeter assembly is not reasonable for me..

i found this site.. which sells replacement diaphragms...

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/dwp_jbl_2412h-1_driver_diaphragm.php

problem is sa states pa sya... so it would take long though its cheaper...

im looking for alternatives. cause i use this in my studio and sound system rentals..

maybe you guys could suggest....

one more thing.. if i could replace this tweeter with higher model to go with my JBL JRX 115..

what model would you suggest and i need reliable ones..

thanks...
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
ceramic ba yan ? Di ata narerepair ang ceramic. Never thought it's used na pala in high power rigs.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »
thanks sa reply sir bamf.. moderator kana pala ngayon. hehehe.. ngayon lang ulit napabisita sa site. hehehehe..

san yang sales street? pwede mo ba ako bigyan ng map? sana nga magawa ito sa sinasabi mo..

kasi according sa site. may tamang specification ang pag rewound nito..

and panung ceramic? hindi ko ata alam yun sir.. thanks...
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline superwup

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »
Maybe this is helpfull?

He gives some info............

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
Maybe this is helpfull?

He gives some info............

hmmm... nice find sir! thanks...

do you happen to know where to get those drivers??? (Selenium D210Ti)

and baka may idea narin kayo how much?? heheheh.. tempting..
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline fish

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
try benny, speaker doctor, contact number 09217224138.

he has done a very good job with our church's warfedale speakers.

Offline superwup

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
"do you happen to know where to get those drivers??? (Selenium D210Ti)

and baka may idea narin kayo how much?? heheheh.. tempting.."

you could ask by youtube to the guy from the video?

Maybe he can help, you can pm him in youtube..............

Offline superwup

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:53 PM »
Amazon 55 dollar..................

http://store.doctornuke.com/speakers-405757011-B000MMZHYU-Selenium_D210Ti_1_Titanium_Horn_Driver_1_38_18_TPI

I don"t know if they ship to Phils..............

Try an OFW to buy it for you and put it in a balik bayan box :-D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:46:54 PM by superwup »

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »
"do you happen to know where to get those drivers??? (Selenium D210Ti)

and baka may idea narin kayo how much?? heheheh.. tempting.."

you could ask by youtube to the guy from the video?

Maybe he can help, you can pm him in youtube..............

hehehe. what  i mean sir locally here in the philippines.. baka may alam kayo na seller, distributor nung selenium...

anyways.. im on my way to raon tomorrow.. so wish me luck!  :mrgreen:
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
Dre,
Speaker rewinding is such a mature art, there are many guys at raon who can fix it to a state where you wouldn't know if it got blown.

Ngalang meron ding bano.

Along Sales st going down to the corner of Ronquillo, you'll find a speaker rewinder na may pwesto (hindi bangketa). It appears he's trusted by pros because one time we saw a pair of Yamaha NS10's being rewound there.

There's also a high-end speaker rewinder here at Philmusic...his nick just escapes me right now but his shop is near here...at Lopez Jaena in Paco.

Si benedict (mojo_ira).  The Speaker Doctor.  You can try to PM him, but I dunno if he checks regularly, your best bet is to search the MT&PA (or the classifieds equivalent) and look for his thread on speaker repair.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
try benny, speaker doctor, contact number 09217224138.

he has done a very good job with our church's warfedale speakers.

thanks for the tip bro.. before i contact him.. do you know how much his service would cost? and where is his location? thanks...
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »
Si benedict (mojo_ira).  The Speaker Doctor.  You can try to PM him, but I dunno if he checks regularly, your best bet is to search the MT&PA (or the classifieds equivalent) and look for his thread on speaker repair.

oh ok sir.. sya ata yung sinasabi ni bamf na taga paco.. anyways.. ill trynalang contact sya.. thanks bro..
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline fish

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 09:48:44 AM »

thanks for the tip bro.. before i contact him.. do you know how much his service would cost? and where is his location? thanks...

bro, siya yung tiga paco. The cost very reasonable. Ganito na lang, meron nag quote sa akin para gawin yung wharfedales sa church, at napakaraming sinabi na gagawin (maybe to justify the cost), benny quoted me almost half lower nung quote nung iba.

another for benny, he will tell you what to replace or not to replace, alam nila kung ano ginagawa nila and yung end result ng trabaho, ung tunog parang nung bagong bili,hehehehe.

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »
guys, thanks lahat sa mga suggestion nyo... salamat sa pag pigil sakin na dalhin ang aking speaker sa raon. hahaha...

nasa kamay na ngayon ng speaker doctor ang aking speaker.. sana maayus agad.hehehee.

maraming salamat sa lahat!
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »
guys, thanks lahat sa mga suggestion nyo... salamat sa pag pigil sakin na dalhin ang aking speaker sa raon. hahaha...

nasa kamay na ngayon ng speaker doctor ang aking speaker.. sana maayus agad.hehehee.

maraming salamat sa lahat!
Solemn Harmony Studio