hulika

Author Topic: PAUL GILBERT IS SO AWSOME!!!  (Read 35197 times)

Offline toybitz

Re: PAUL GILBERT IS SO AWSOME!!!
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
that pinky...pinky of the gods!!!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
:( kinda disappointed with the vibrato album..

the songs (his originals) were good but they have a different feel.. not so gilbert IMHO... only one song really caught my attention unlike his other albums as compared when i first listened to them..

just recently heard his VIBRATO album...fusion rock fan will defnitely love this album with a twist of shred (tons of it)...you can heard blues/jazz on some tracks...

Atmosphere On The Moon >> cool song, lyrics..para syang si Zappa dito (think Sheik Yerbouti - Bobby Brown)

THIS
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:12:42 PM by albumin »
Ibanez GRGA11 - Buskers Tele - Vox Pathfinder 15R - Maxon GX10

Offline nokiamicth

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
I cannot tell a lie - Paul Gilbert..  :mrgreen:

Offline lyrad24

• Veteran Member
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »
I think Paul had been changing how the way he would improve or  he already reached the peak for his certain style before.

He also said that the Vibrato album was supposed to be entitled "Pronghorn," wherein he explained that the american cheetah is already extinct and the only fastest land animal (in the west only, cheetah's are still alive in africa), i thought he would still have shred songs on the new album.

On the new/recent instructional videos or interviews, he keeps on telling that he is very sorry for introducing fast guitar stuff since the start of his musical career. Though it really had inspired/motivated others to play fast it really true to most guitarist also that playing good is playing fast.

Lately he's just into riffs that are percussive, I think he just want the licks to synch to the beat or groove of the songs.

I am not also sure if there's a change in style due to the addition of his wife keyboard playing.

Scarified is not scary lately when they are playing it.  :-D

"Every hot girl is a rockstar." - PG

Offline kernelsalonpas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
I think Paul had been changing how the way he would improve or  he already reached the peak for his certain style before.

He also said that the Vibrato album was supposed to be entitled "Pronghorn," wherein he explained that the american cheetah is already extinct and the only fastest land animal (in the west only, cheetah's are still alive in africa), i thought he would still have shred songs on the new album.

On the new/recent instructional videos or interviews, he keeps on telling that he is very sorry for introducing fast guitar stuff since the start of his musical career. Though it really had inspired/motivated others to play fast it really true to most guitarist also that playing good is playing fast.

Lately he's just into riffs that are percussive, I think he just want the licks to synch to the beat or groove of the songs.

I am not also sure if there's a change in style due to the addition of his wife keyboard playing.

Scarified is not scary lately when they are playing it.  :-D

nah, emi has been on the sidelines helping him out sa projects nya as early as Get Out Of My Yard.

well, i agree most of his videos i've seen recently give focus on the rhythm and beat for him to create a song.
no pic, no advise...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
PG playing one of the few Malmsteen songs that I actually liked:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline lyrad24

• Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »
nah, emi has been on the sidelines helping him out sa projects nya as early as Get Out Of My Yard.

well, i agree most of his videos i've seen recently give focus on the rhythm and beat for him to create a song.

hehe oo nga pala, Emi has been on the sidelines nga pala since that album pa.

ayun, basta he is still refining his skill naman in another direction nga. Though he seems to play cleaner na rin. :3

"Every hot girl is a rockstar." - PG

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
PG playing one of the few Malmsteen songs that I actually liked:

ganda ng pagkacover nya :D

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
Sobrang bilis ng string skipping nya, nagtutunog sweeping na. He is abnormal.  :lol:
On vacation...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
ganda ng pagkacover nya :D

Ang linis din kamo. That's one thing I really appreciate about PG's playing. Walang daya daya, straight-up ratrat na malinis.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
Ang linis din kamo. That's one thing I really appreciate about PG's playing. Walang daya daya, straight-up ratrat na malinis.
You took the words right off my mouth. Grabe kahit plywood mapaptunog nito ng maganda.

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »
The Gargoyle is my current favorite PG song.

napaka-Iron Maiden-ish. \m/

Offline Kusanagi

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
PG singing while tapping  :-o

Got a copy of Terrifying Guitar Trip, sana matutunan kong tugtugin lahat ng exercises don  hehe :razz:  :razz:  :razz:

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline voldemort

« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »
..not to mention he is humble...

makalyo ang daliri

Offline KRISPY KANGKONG

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
 may napanuod akong vid sa youtube na may kajam siyang hindi masyadong kilalang gitarista. nahulog yung pick nung lalaki, si Paul Gilbert yung pumulot. COOOOOL!!! though normal lang sana yun, pero db?!! kung ako yung nasa lugar nung kajam nya. baka maluha ako! hahaha  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:14:36 PM by KRISPY KANGKONG »
Dry Near Aura

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
..not to mention he is humble...

with a weird sense of humor hehehe
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2014, 07:05:23 AM »
heard recently his new album

love his rendition of goodbye yellow brick road by e.john and back in the saddle by aerosmith

It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:35 AM »
^ it's good. heard clips from youtube. yung working for the weekend and stone pushing uphil man, sarap!

pansin ko lang lately, his shredding has become less "in your face". i mean sure matulin pa din siya, pero something is somehow missing from his previous performances where he can literally burn the stage with his shredding.

medyo bawas na yung neoclassical leanings niya din lately. nung concert ng mr. big, i felt like his solo lacked the fire i was expecting.  :wink:

he's quite the fun guy though, I shook his hand nung meet and greet and I said, jesus man, your hands are huge, and we held it up to see the difference...i think it was eric who quipped, that's not all that's big, sabay tawa lahat coz we all knew what the green tinted joke meant  :-D
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
I'm a fan of his unfathomable pin-point laser-precision, technical style...But in terms of ''melodic sense'' mas marami sigurong mas magaling sa kanya (SUBJECTIVE opinion) tulad ni Vinnie Moore....it's the correctly-placed  ''Notes'' that counts hehe.....sometimes kasi naliligaw ako at nahihirapan i-digest mga solos ni Paul emotionally sa mga solo albums niya.....HUGE fan of his instructional videos though

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
^ agree ako sa yo, i still think joe satriani comes up with better melodies that can get stuck in your head.

pero, in terms of rhythm and precision with picked notes and the ability to legato / pick / legato etc endlessly, panalo siya. and i like this shredding tone better than, say MAB or Herman Li  :razz:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline rockarolla

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
awesome
Some musicians may become a Yngwie Malmsteen, others maybe will become a humble Paul Gilbert.

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
^ agree ako sa yo, i still think joe satriani comes up with better melodies that can get stuck in your head.

pero, in terms of rhythm and precision with picked notes and the ability to legato / pick / legato etc endlessly, panalo siya. and i like this shredding tone better than, say MAB or Herman Li  :razz:

IMHO

George Lynch has better melodic sense than Paul, even those popular shredders @ YouTube like OzielZinho or Gustav Guerra are more well-rounded melodically........

Sometimes kasi you get overwhelmed by pure guitar acrobatics....like Batio...whom I believe is the world's greatest ''robotic'' player  :wave: para kasing laging naka auto pilot yung mga runs niya  (very good Jazz player btw)

Pero Overall kung pure Technical Skills at melodic sense pinag-uusapan combined, I would probably put Paul barely outside of my top five list

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »
^ true. while george comes close to paul's shredding, lamang siya sa melody......and tone. at least yung "singing" lead tone  :-D

but as a shredder, parang mas exciting talaga sa kin si pg than, say impellitteri or batio...
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »

well nothing beats satriani when it comes to melody (own opinion) and his legato technique

tumatanda na si paul kaya binbawasan na nya siguro yung mga shredtatonics (wattaword!) nya hahha ...

i still prefer PG than impelliteri batio and even malmsteen madumi sila live