hulika

Author Topic: guitar stores review thread  (Read 32280 times)

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: guitar stores review thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »

So there. If you don't want to be treated as a nuisance, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Instead of whining here on the forums, go and do some direct action.

did that already when something not nice happened to me at Salonga Cubao. i even PM'd their "sales rep here" in PM. good thing you got a reply from the hotel management. as for me, i did not get any reply from them.

now yupangco get a lot complaints too...but the main difference is that Lowee (somehow) did something about the complaints.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:01:19 AM by farleysbeat »
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »
The way you hand out candy and the way you hand out bullets should be different. Candy is given to everyone. Bullets, you have to be discerning and deliberate before you even begin to consider giving it to someone.

Noone is taking away anyone's right to be pissed. But if you're pissed and want to do something about it, BE DELIBERATE. Otherwise, just keep your peace.

I hope that helps clarify my thoughts on the matter.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »
hahahahaha

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
did that already when something not nice happened to me at Salonga Cubao. i even PM'd their "sales rep here" in PM. good thing you got a reply from the hotel management. as for me, i did not get any reply from them.

now yupangco get a lot complaints too...but the main difference is that Lowee (somehow) did something about the complaints.

Sir, some very high-ranking members of JB/Salonga chain of music stores are on this forum. PM them if you don't get satisfaction elsewhere.

If you think you're being ignored, just put it out that you mean business.

If that still fails to get their attention, then put out a spam campaign telling everyone of your bad experience, and make sure they find a way to contact you and rectify your problem. Call a boycott on the store if you feel that to be the worthy cause of action.

If that does not get their attention, nothing will.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Hokay, I'll indulge you.

One time during a Product Launch at a known hotel (ask me in PM if you want to know the details). I was a project manager for Bayantel and was in charge of launching the IP-VPN.

Being such and being an Engineer my job description ran through the whole menu, from laying cables to tasting the food, arranging the demo.

Cut the story short, we pulled it off and I took off my formal clothes, donned on a working shirt and jeans and proceeded to "set-down" the equipment. The vehicle I had was not my car but one of those utility vans.

As I pulled out of the parking area, this "sikyo" accosted me, and was very discorteous while talking to me. When I snapped, I immediately asked for his name. He even flashed his nameplate on me, as if saying "you can't hurt me". So yeah, I didn't look like middle management of a large company, I looked like either a driver or technician or lineman. But that did not give him the right to do what he did. He's in the "hospitality" industry for crying out loud.

Next day, I emailed the resident manager of that hotel and I PUT MY NAME, POSITION AND CONTACT NUMBER on the complaint. She immediately called me that afternoon and reassured me that such a thing will not happen again.

So there. If you don't want to be treated as a nuisance, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Instead of whining here on the forums, go and do some direct action.

Okay you might ask "o e ano ngayon". The point being is that whether you know it or not, you are possibly messing with someone else's lives and livelihoods. Even indirectly by just bashing their store. Like I said elsewhere, there are better ways to go about this if you are seriously after improvement and not just looking for a chance to air your whining.

I will not argue with your point that you are offended. The only thing I'm saying is...go do something about it. Wag yung dito sa forums lang...forgive my French, pero...supot yan e. 

My 2c. I hope you take it well.

Hi BAMF, didnt mean to irk you with my reply. I understand your point, and you have a very good one. I do agree that instead of whining, it's better to do something about it. But just to clarify, I'm not the one whining here and I was simply expressing my sympathy to those who had bad experiences. I've never posted any serious rants and boycott campaigns against our music stores, but there are a lot who do. I am not for it at all, so I hope you don't think I was defending those posts. As for my inaction, it's more of 'di ko nalang pinapatulan just like your first post implies and for the same reasons. I will take it to upper management when I feel that it's worth it.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »
Yeah. There was one time and I can't remember which store it was parang "wala sa sarili" yung nag-aasikaso sa kin. I had to get his attention "huy asikasuhin mo naman ako bibili ako". Kahit ba pick lang yun :-D.

Marami pa kong OTOH about the topic, pero ang akin lang, habaan lang ng konti ang pisi. Yun lang po.

Have a great long weekend everyone.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
Lam nyo guys, I heard this saying "walk a mile in the other guys shoes".

Why don't you volunteer to work for them for free for a week and see what they have to put up with ? Maybe I'd be surprised if you're not grouchy by the 7th day.

As for me, when I enter a Perfect Pitch store, full well knowing that I'm not in the market for anything inside it and a sales rep asks me what I'm interested in, I immediately say "boso lang, brad."

Yes I'm a casual observer and very stingy with my hard-earned money. But when I like something, I come back for it, usually after sleeping over it (many times).

Mainit lang siguro ulo ko ngayon, but it ticks me off when you judge people (yes sales reps are people too) too quickly and too harshly. And when you've had enough, call the store manager and tell it into his face that you find his people discourteous. And if you don't get satisfaction from there, go and email someone at head office. Formalize your complaint and carry it out.

Personally I've never had a problem with the JB Megamall people and in fact bought some expensive recording equipment there. Even my drumkit I bought there. But during the times when I just came to window shop, they either were nice to me, or nice enough to leave me alone when I said "boso lang brad". They even allowed me to try Laney and Marshall amps that they had and seemed to be even pleased that I'm doing that.

Dahan dahan lang mga brad. Baka quarterly audit nila or something of the sort and toxic sila. Don't expect to be treated like a prince all the time.

My 2c. 

i see your point sir. but i don't think everybody expects to be treated like a prince, it is part of their job to be at least accommodating, i mean it is a music store, it is simple enough. and there is never an excuse to act that way, especially when you're doing your job.

as for whining online, i admit to that, but because there really is nothing i can do about it. i mean i don't want to "pursue justice" every time i get a bad vibe buying a pick on a happy day. :lol:

just my 0.02php too :-D
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline timmy page

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
audiophile sa alabang town center. may clerk dun, nagkausap kami bout sa gitara and nung dumating na kami sa pag kocostumize sabi ko bibili ako ng range (ung pang pihit) tpos aun, binigyan nya ko walang bayad xD

Offline Edward

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »
audiophile sa alabang town center. may clerk dun, nagkausap kami bout sa gitara and nung dumating na kami sa pag kocostumize sabi ko bibili ako ng range (ung pang pihit) tpos aun, binigyan nya ko walang bayad xD
May Audiophile pala sa ATC? San banda? :-D
夢見

Offline davinsh

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »

+1 din ata audiophile main branch. very accomodating ung kalbong matanda dun. sorry forgot his name. he let me test the ibanez jem, and prestige guitars. wow. :)

credits also to JB music in Trinoma. Accomodating staff in there. pag pasok mo palang theyll greet you na +1 great guys.

+1 sa mamang kalbo.. he's the one who assist when i bought my ibby and test it their nice amp (forgot the brand) in high volume.. he even assist my girlfriend looking for an amp that supposedly gift for me.. buti na lang kapit bahay ko yung branch nila..:D
My song will continuously play until my spotlights blast...\\m/

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »

wrench po yun. :)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2009, 04:46:50 AM »
wrench po yun. :)

maybe home on the range? power range-r?  :lol:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
i see your point sir. but i don't think everybody expects to be treated like a prince, it is part of their job to be at least accommodating, i mean it is a music store, it is simple enough. and there is never an excuse to act that way, especially when you're doing your job.

as for whining online, i admit to that, but because there really is nothing i can do about it. i mean i don't want to "pursue justice" every time i get a bad vibe buying a pick on a happy day. :lol:

just my 0.02php too :-D

It's not just about pursuing justice. Has it occured to you that it's perhaps your duty to teach some people a lesson ? Yeah, I mean as in "lesson" and not in the "I'll get back to you".

When I filed the complaint about the sikyo, I specifically told the resident manager to just admonish him but not hurt his livelihood. That was not my plan.

I'm quite certain he learned something there. 

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
JB music megamall - Suplado mga tao dun parang may discrimination 7of10 ganun kase meron namn nakakausap na maayos
RJ Galle - ok namn o dahil kilala na din nila ako well i can say ok si don and si eric pero wla na sila dun
Lyrics cubao - accommodating namn sila dun ako naka try ng schecter kase maayos dating ko nung time na yun mukang may pera ako hahaha pero mukang ok namn sila
Yamaha galle - ok namn pero mukang sawa na sila sa muka ko hahahaha
P.ptich mega ok lang para galle hehehehe   
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2009, 09:14:43 AM »
my job title should earn me respect?  :roll:

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2009, 10:30:15 AM »
hahaha. . . .ako nga nadapa. . . . :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:12 AM »
my job title should earn me respect?  :roll:

You don't get a good one if you're not respected to begin with.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »
It's not just about pursuing justice. Has it occured to you that it's perhaps your duty to teach some people a lesson ? Yeah, I mean as in "lesson" and not in the "I'll get back to you".

When I filed the complaint about the sikyo, I specifically told the resident manager to just admonish him but not hurt his livelihood. That was not my plan.

Agree ako dito. That's the best thing to do.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »

maybe when i buy something expensive/important and they still treat me the same way. i wouldn't want to do that over a pick :lol:

my job title should earn me respect?  :roll:

i don't think anyone said your job title should earn you respect. or baka hindi lang ako nagbasa ng maayos :-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »
maybe when i buy something expensive/important and they still treat me the same way. i wouldn't want to do that over a pick :lol:
i don't think anyone said your job title should earn you respect. or baka hindi lang ako nagbasa ng maayos :-)

Yeah. Let's not confuse "respect" for "courtesy". Respect is given and not a given. Courtesy on the other hand, is part of a sales rep's Job Description.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2009, 11:40:26 AM »
You don't get a good one if you're not respected to begin with.

how do you earn it?

when is it given?

:-)

with good ol fashion 'super punch' also available in Sega Saturn  :evil:

it was the pick of destiny!

i should wear a barong to be given respect  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:53:30 AM by bryanarzaga »

Offline dextoi

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »
Good day po...

I am from Iligan City... kanina lang po bibili sana ako ng electric guitar strings.. specifically, d'addario guage .09 for 420 php... tama lang po ba ang price na ito?

thanks po
looking for Line6 M5... thanks...

http://cedlibnews.blogspot.com

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
Wednesday Nov 2 2009

Due to numerous accounts of disgruntled customers of JB Music, the owner Jan Berry or 'JB' has established a new rule for its associates. Whoever makes a customer unhappy by means of snappy remarks or even 'eye ball rolling' will get a fitting disciplinary action..A.K.A the cage

picture is not actual store associates

'i hope dis metod of correctional enjoyment, will gib light to the outcry op da pilipino buyers, of gitars, baho, paktol en odor pencil cases', yours is truly Jan Berry

WACHA!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:06:56 PM by bryanarzaga »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
I thought you'd never ask, Bryan.

"Respect", rightly or wrongly, is based on the system of Perceived Values in human society.

And just like values as in "worth", it is given in degrees depending on the perceived value one has. And just like perceived value, the less common an accomplishment, the higher your "worth" ergo "respect" you earn. Yeah just like in Mafia Wars.

Like for instance, if you graduate from Engineering school, when other people can't. That's something. Wen you pass the Board Exam, where other people fail, that's something. When you earn your Master's Degree, when other people can't, that's something again, another feather or "respect point". When you gain entry into a Doctorate degree in a quota-based state university, that's worth something again. When you're an army officer in the Reserves, when other peole aren't, that's another respect point.

When you rise up the ranks to a certain level, when other people can't, that's another "respect point".

Basically when you can do things that other people can't, and those things you accomplish are of value to society, then you get respected.

Unfortunately specially in the corporate setting, while people grant you respect, you will also gain envy with its attendant nitpicking. And since everyone is flawed, flaws will definitely be found.  

Parang yung si Major Winters yan saka si Captain Zobel sa last episode ng Band of Brothers, nung ayaw saluduhan ni Zobel si Winters. Zobel was admonished "Captain Zobel. You salute the rank, not the man."

Parang singsing sa Master's degree yan e. Anyone can have one made and anyone can wear it. But what's respected is the person's RIGHT to wear it. Parang Army officer's uniform yan e. Anyone can buy one. But does everyone have the right to wear it ?

Ganun yun. Rightly or wrongly, you respect a person for his capabilities and accomplishments.

Oh, I'm sure you didn't need this lecture from Professor Obvious, Bryan. :-D . Surely you need to "level up" before you can throw a good sucker punch at an opponent with a higher level don't you ? Yeah even on a Sega Saturn.

Please pick up and read the book "Influence" by Robert Cialdini and you'll see what I mean. Specially with the Barongs, namecards, Mercedes Benz's, rank pins and other "respect paraphernalia"  . After that, I'm sure we'll have a great discussion on the matter.

how do you earn it?

when is it given?

:-)

with good ol fashion 'super punch' also available in Sega Saturn  :evil:

it was the pick of destiny!
i should wear a barong to be given respect  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:09:38 PM by BAMF »

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »
Good day po...

I am from Iligan City... kanina lang po bibili sana ako ng electric guitar strings.. specifically, d'addario guage .09 for 420 php... tama lang po ba ang price na ito?

thanks po
ano po stores meron kayo diyan?