hulika

Author Topic: SIOCHI Pinoy Custom tube amps?  (Read 28840 times)

Offline philaxeman

Re: SIOCHI Pinoy Custom tube amps?
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
Btw, george has heard and tried amps from diezel, mesa and soldanos. Galing dun sa mga nagpapaayos sa kanya. So I think meron syang enough experience on those expensive imported amps. Yeabah!

He has already seen the innards of similar amps of FM55.

That's is what I'm trying to point out that there's no need to see the guts of FM55's amps.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:08:48 PM by philaxeman »
"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Btw, george has heard and tried amps from diezel, mesa and soldanos. Galing dun sa mga nagpapaayos sa kanya. So I think meron syang enough experience on those expensive imported amps. Yeabah!

yon naman pala eh, so it means na mas may kaalaman ang amp builder kesa sa amp owner  :-D
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
Para ka pa lang impeachment court... strictly to the heading ka.  I invoke my right to creative expression  yer honer...

Do you actually own a Siochi amp?  If so, why did you buy it?

Creative expression does not give you the right to bash a local musician/luthier/amp builder just because you can afford expensive gears. And no I don't own a Siochi amp. I'm just having fun exercising my creative expression to reveal your true intentions -- to brag brag brag brag :-)

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
Very interesting amp... 

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »
You mean by you?  I know at least a dozen forumites who've heard the amp.

Siochi probably has hours of video of his amps being used in live performance. Kaso tamad siya magpost, kahit private sa youtube. I've asked for mine but haven't received a copy. I still hope to get it (assuming he still has em).

Having said that, i thought there were videos/soundclips of the Luis Isok guy and by others?  I have mine on youtube and on soundclick.  I'll repost later. The captured sample might not be optimal but my memory is that I heard some great tones in those amps.

I can't really judge the amps based on clips.  Probably the worst way to assess an amp is by listening to clips, because you need to know how an amp responds.  It is kinda interesting that Siochi does NOT copy his amp's circuits from known designs (as some here say).

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »
I can't really judge the amps based on clips.  Probably the worst way to assess an amp is by listening to clips, because you need to know how an amp responds. 

That's a patronizing comment. 

You mean you don't watch/listen to youtube demos or sound samples on websites? Amazing. I thought everybody did... and based on that tried it out themselves in person if they thought it was promising.

I had to try Siochi's amp in person, w/o benefit of soundclips because nobody had posted one. If there was, I would have used it to make an informed decision to take the next logical step...which is to test it myself.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
That's a patronizing comment. 

You mean you don't watch/listen to youtube demos or sound samples on websites? Amazing. I thought everybody did... and based on that tried it out themselves in person if they thought it was promising.

I had to try Siochi's amp in person, w/o benefit of soundclips because nobody had posted one. If there was, I would have used it to make an informed decision to take the next logical step...which is to test it myself.

I watch Youtube clips primarily to find out how they sound IN A RECORDING, because that is pretty much my turf.  But then, there are several other factors that you need to assess in a live situation... how it cuts in a band situation, how spongy/stiff it feels, volume, how it sounds on breakup, etc.  Way too many factors that seem to be eradicated when you rely plainly on clips.   

Offline horge

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »
Its an open invite to Siochi to come over and listen to great sounding guitar amps.  He does not even need to bring his own amp for comparison.

Sorry, but that seems a lie.
You said: "Well, he could at least send them over" for your "comment".

Ang galing mo mag judge sa akin pero hindi mo pa naririnig ang gamit ko... Medyo you don't walk the talk and also CAST DOUBT ON THE COMPETENCE OF OTHERS WHEN YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED OUT THEIR EQUIPMENT PERSONALLY and SPECIALLY YOU ARE PREJUDICED AGAINST ME.

Try finding ONE comment of mine on this thread that criticizes either your amps or
your ability to appreciate their qualities. While you're at it, consider whether or not
you're guilty of what you posted above: you adopted a negative (even insulting)
stance against Siochi amps by questioning the basic competence of their builder,
as you clearly did on this same thread.

I haven't questioned YOUR competence as a musician or amp lover. What I have
criticized is your ability to form a fair opinion, and your actual rep as some sort
of 'authority' on amps. If you don't have real and widespread recognition for your
capability, then regardless of your capability, your potential 'seal of approval' (lol)
isn't worth the builder's effort of sending his stuff to you.

I don't think you are even think you are an AMP GURU to tell me that I am prejudiced.

Do I have to be an 'amp guru' to see you've problems with sentence construction?^
Well, the same goes for pointing out your prejudice:
You hadn't tried the amps, and your 'tude was to question the builder's very basic
competence. Even a layman can see that prejudice for what it is... and hey, I'm not
the one thinking Siochi should send over his wares to me and seek my comment.

Put your money where your mouth is.

I hope you're not talking about 'checkbook musicianship'.
I hope that's not what your 'walk the talk' comment was all about.
Have a nice day, Alex.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Hello bro horge, you can see his amps and also his contact nos. at the links provided.
Cariñosa
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=251076.msg3424560#msg3424560
Kustombre
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=230136.msg3177914#msg3177914

Thanks!  :)

JM's amp is a custom amp and not considered as a production line. Same with Isok's.

Drat.  :|
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:01:08 PM by horge »

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
I've tried them.  I like them.

Play nice, people.  This game is getting old.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline croyc

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
wow mahal pa sya sa fender tube amp hahahaha...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
Sorry, but that seems a lie.
You said: "Well, he could at least send them over" for your "comment".

(I added the second sentence so as not to pressure him to compare his amp against what I own.  So, its NOW purely optional for him to bring his amp.)

Try finding ONE comment of mine on this thread that criticizes either your amps or
your ability to appreciate their qualities. While you're at it, consider whether or not
you're guilty of what you posted above: you adopted a negative (even insulting)
stance against Siochi amps by questioning the basic competence of their builder,
as you clearly did on this same thread.

(You executed a personal attack without me attacking you.  Shouldn't builder competence be questioned before purchase?  After all, he asking for money for his amp right?  But on this thread I did not say that the new amps sound bad. )

I haven't questioned YOUR competence as a musician or amp lover. What I have
criticized is your ability to form a fair opinion, and your actual rep as some sort
of 'authority' on amps. If you don't have real and widespread recognition for your
capability, then regardless of your capability, your potential 'seal of approval' (lol)
isn't worth the builder's effort of sending his stuff to you.

(So in that sense, what 'seal of approval' do you have to criticize my ability to form a fair opinion?)

Do I have to be an 'amp guru' to see you've problems with sentence construction?^
Well, the same goes for pointing out your prejudice:
You hadn't tried the amps, and your 'tude was to question the builder's very basic
competence. Even a layman can see that prejudice for what it is... and hey, I'm not
the one thinking Siochi should send over his wares to me and seek my comment.

(Have you tried this new amps?  At this point, I think it can go either bad or good or mediocre.  I am NOT even demanding him to bring his new amps to compare with my amps -- I leave that as his option.  I am just asking him to enjoy good sounding guitar tube amps.)

I hope you're not talking about 'checkbook musicianship'.
I hope that's not what your 'walk the talk' comment was all about.
Have a nice day, Alex.

(Have a nice day too, whorge)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks!  :)

Drat.  :|

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »

In fairness, I think the parts he uses are not cheap and he does not have the economies of scale of Fender.  But if his amp sounds as good as a Fender, then you might as well go for the Fender.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

He's not trying to be the cheapest out there that's for sure.  And it's probably not for you if you're looking for something cheap. But certainly not the most expensive, for a hand-built amp with the aesthetic details he's put in so far.  Which clues me in to a certain balance he might be trying to achieve.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
He's not trying to be the cheapest out there that's for sure.  And it's probably not for you if you're looking for something cheap. But certainly not the most expensive, for a hand-built amp with the aesthetic details he's put in so far.  Which clues me in to a certain balance he might be trying to achieve.

with the dedication itself, i think sulit ang siochi.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

A new account with only 5 posts? How ironic! Looks like an account based from our fellow forumite royc.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

are you expecting that the price would be cheaper when an Item is made in the Philiipines?
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
A new account with only 5 posts? How ironic! Looks like an account based from our fellow forumite royc.

i got a clone :D

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »
Slowly losing interest in this thread...
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
Sayang, it was supposed to be a good thread.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »
I've tried them.  I like them.

Play nice, people.  This game is getting old.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

In sum: some people like them, some people don't. Full stop.

No need to question people's preference by questioning their experience, judgement, and ability to pay or play.  But I guess that's what forums like these are for. :-)

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2012, 05:49:28 AM »
i hope local bars can cut a good deal with SIOCHI, so they can get them and let the end-users do the judging ON STAGE. that would be awesome! local amp + big sound + nice tone output = good news

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:57 AM »
i hope local bars can cut a good deal with SIOCHI, so they can get them and let the end-users do the judging ON STAGE. that would be awesome! local amp + big sound + nice tone output = good news

In several gigs we got Siochi to sponsor the amps used by several players throught the night.  We made a point of announcing this and inviting others to come to the gig and listen to the amps in person (which was a way of us to promote the gigs too). Firemodel55 has done the same thing for his amps as well.

That's why I find it frustrating and disingenuous that some people would proffer an opinion and defend their ignorance because they havent heard the amp or that the builder has not visited their place, etc.
For people who are truly interested in the truth, there is a way to find out. For people interested in casting doubts, there are many excuses... The rule applies both ways: to doubters of both Siochi amps and of firemodel55's gear.

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
In several gigs we got Siochi to sponsor the amps used by several players throught the night.  We made a point of announcing this and inviting others to come to the gig and listen to the amps in person (which was a way of us to promote the gigs too). Firemodel55 has done the same thing for his amps as well.

That's why I find it frustrating and disingenuous that some people would proffer an opinion and defend their ignorance because they havent heard the amp or that the builder has not visited their place, etc.
For people who are truly interested in the truth, there is a way to find out. For people interested in casting doubts, there are many excuses... The rule applies both ways: to doubters of both Siochi amps and of firemodel55's gear.

wow! thats very interesting sir, how do i reach sir SIOCHI? i do organize events myself, maybe i can cut a deal with him  :-D

Offline philaxeman

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »
Just for the record. Please include yourself in the list if you are a proud owner and user of Siochi's amps.
You can also write in the list if you know who owned/used Siochi's amp who are not a forum member.
This will give others confidence in George's credibility as an amp designer/builder.  Also include the model of Siochi amp(s) you/they have owned or used. This will also serve as a lookup table of who owned/used and what model.
Thanks.

1. philaxeman -  Sunstream 112

"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
Just for the record. Please include yourself in the list if you are a proud owner and user of Siochi's amps.
You can also write in the list if you know who owned/used Siochi's amp who are not a forum member.
This will give others confidence in George's credibility as an amp designer/builder.  Also include the model of Siochi amp(s) you/they have owned or used. This will also serve as a lookup table of who owned/used and what model.
Thanks.

1. philaxeman -  Sunstream 112

sige na nga  :wave:

i own a a custon lead gt. ive used the carinosa, the kustombre and the sunstream....other than one i own, i love the sunstream :)
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute