hulika

Author Topic: Article for Eheads Final Set and Francis M (RIP) Tribute  (Read 1721 times)

Offline makata

Article for Eheads Final Set and Francis M (RIP) Tribute
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »
I think Philmusic Writers missed to write for this important events/updates in the OPM Industry... :? :?
A true musician doesn't stick to one genre...He is then influenced by the different musical cultures he interacted to and belonged to....

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Article for Eheads Final Set and Francis M (RIP) Tribute
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »
boss jim was actually looking for writers to write for the main page, di ko lang alam nangyari dun. you could write it yourself and send it to the mods, i guess. see what happens

Offline makata

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
Yup sir, i will give it a try...  :?

I just wonder because these are highlights of the Philippine Music Industry ...  :-)
A true musician doesn't stick to one genre...He is then influenced by the different musical cultures he interacted to and belonged to....

Offline r-cain

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:06:18 PM »
Yeah, it was supposedly a highlight but personally, I think it was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I greatly admire Eli's songwriting and the band's contribution to our history but...just look at Eli's performance. He was either trying to look so cool or he was bored to death. Tinatamad kumanta and parang pinaglalaruan lang. Walking around the stage, sitting on the edge..There was a song that actually ended and he kept on singing then sabi nya "tapos na pala"? I think I saw it on raymund's face as he was playing..he seemed pissed.

If you're gonna do it for the last time and you know all eyes are on you, shouldn't you go "with a bang", sort of? It may have been better on the venue but the sound on TV was bad. The guitars sounded too shrill--plus out of tune sometimes. Sorry to say but up to now many of our sound engineers still can't mix properly. I hope they get it right if they're gonna sell DVDs or CDs of the show.

Even if your songs are legendary, you ought to give to your fans what they deserve, a great show by real professionals. Also, pano kung di pala ako eheads fan or I'm seeing them perform for the first time..I don't think I'd be too impressed.

Or maybe Eli was too affected by Francis' death na nawalan sya ng gana...maybe. (my apologies) But still...

I just had to say my opinion because i feel that a lot of bands are struggling for recognition and respect. ( I should know coz I had been active in bands before). But to get that recognition and respect, we have to earn it. By doing a good show everytime.

Been a Philmusic member since 2004 ..no I'm not a newbie!

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
try to write an article about it (if there isn't any yet).  :lol:
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »
Yeah, it was supposedly a highlight but personally, I think it was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I greatly admire Eli's songwriting and the band's contribution to our history but...just look at Eli's performance. He was either trying to look so cool or he was bored to death. Tinatamad kumanta and parang pinaglalaruan lang. Walking around the stage, sitting on the edge..There was a song that actually ended and he kept on singing then sabi nya "tapos na pala"? I think I saw it on raymund's face as he was playing..he seemed pissed.

If you're gonna do it for the last time and you know all eyes are on you, shouldn't you go "with a bang", sort of? It may have been better on the venue but the sound on TV was bad. The guitars sounded too shrill--plus out of tune sometimes. Sorry to say but up to now many of our sound engineers still can't mix properly. I hope they get it right if they're gonna sell DVDs or CDs of the show.

Even if your songs are legendary, you ought to give to your fans what they deserve, a great show by real professionals. Also, pano kung di pala ako eheads fan or I'm seeing them perform for the first time..I don't think I'd be too impressed.

Or maybe Eli was too affected by Francis' death na nawalan sya ng gana...maybe. (my apologies) But still...

I just had to say my opinion because i feel that a lot of bands are struggling for recognition and respect. ( I should know coz I had been active in bands before). But to get that recognition and respect, we have to earn it. By doing a good show everytime.

or well.... ely didnt really do those things back with the eheads. and they weren't really the "bang" type. the fireworks actually surprised me.

Offline makata

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »
whatever it maybe, this is still an important moment in the OPM industry...