hulika

Author Topic: True Acoustic Tone  (Read 1198447 times)

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
Re: True Acoustic Tone
« Reply #7100 on: May 05, 2016, 11:45:13 AM »
Ive been itching to sell my Phoebus Acoustic guitar PG30c, because I hear a very dry sound to my ear.Parang hindi sya shinny and bright at lacking ng tining ng steel string.I know this is not takamine brand or taylor brand.Makukuha ko ba yung matining at steel type of sound ng acoustic guitar by replacing its stock string.I dont know what brand of guitar string ang nilagay sa PG30C pero dry na dry talaga sa pandinig ko.Any suggestion what brand & gauge of acoustic guitar string ang pede kong ilagay sa PG 30c? or idispatch ko na talaga..

Help naman po..

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7101 on: May 05, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »
Ive been itching to sell my Phoebus Acoustic guitar PG30c, because I hear a very dry sound to my ear.Parang hindi sya shinny and bright at lacking ng tining ng steel string.I know this is not takamine brand or taylor brand.Makukuha ko ba yung matining at steel type of sound ng acoustic guitar by replacing its stock string.I dont know what brand of guitar string ang nilagay sa PG30C pero dry na dry talaga sa pandinig ko.Any suggestion what brand & gauge of acoustic guitar string ang pede kong ilagay sa PG 30c? or idispatch ko na talaga..

Help naman po..
Try using Elixir strings bro para medyo mabrighten up yung tunog nung guitar.
The blues don't change.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7102 on: May 05, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »

Help naman po..

elixirs. 12's.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7103 on: May 05, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »
 :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7104 on: May 05, 2016, 06:49:56 PM »
:-D

get from this guy. bilis kausap. lalo na pag good mood <3 labyu seppi!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7105 on: May 06, 2016, 07:34:24 AM »

Offline eds1122

« Reply #7106 on: June 21, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
Lets put some life on this thread! :wave:

Got an Awesome Fathers day Gift Epiphone EJ200CEBK  :-D

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:39:42 PM by eds1122 »
I'm a simple Christian guy who loves to sing and make music. A guy who's appreciative with beautiful and amazing things. A guy who has the heart to learn more about the matter of life..

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7107 on: June 23, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »
Dormant na kasi si dante puro clash royale nalang :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7108 on: July 18, 2016, 11:30:55 PM »

Help naman po..

The Ernie Ball Aluminum strings, DR strings -the ones in the green or blue packages (I forget the names of the types) or strings that have phosphor bronze or even nickel without coatings on them.

Sounds like your guitar has dead strings. Just put on a new set and try them out. All my guitars like different kinds of strings and I've pretty much tried most of what is out on the market. if you play the guitar a lot you may go through strings every few months (or every few weeks) so buy several sets and put them on one after another.

The Ernie Ball Aluminum ones are on most of my gigging guitars right now and they work well with fingerstyle or being played with a pick. Attack isn't too brite through the PA and it sounds great fingerpicked.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:37:34 PM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7109 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »
Dormant na kasi si dante puro clash royale nalang :-D

hahaha ako pa talaga sinisi.
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline Payback

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7110 on: July 28, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »
Hi guys! Im new to this thread. Pero i have been playing for a while now. I just recently purchased a gibby j45 and im wondering what kind of hop ups ang pwede to improve the tone. I want it to have more oomph sa bass side.

Thanks PhM.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7111 on: July 28, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »
Hi guys! Im new to this thread. Pero i have been playing for a while now. I just recently purchased a gibby j45 and im wondering what kind of hop ups ang pwede to improve the tone. I want it to have more oomph sa bass side.

Thanks PhM.

better strings and a better nut and bridge :D

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7112 on: July 30, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »

Thanks PhM.

uy j45 .. had one before. well if you are referring to a dread "oommph" , then j45 doesnt have that. medyo mas balanced ang j45. lo-fi , not so bassy and trebly. thats why its good with a band setup.
a change in nut, bridge and bridge pins will help a little. experimenting with string gauges with help more. try putting a standard 12 gauge. have it setup with just the right amount of action. and youre good to go.
if you still want more of the "oomph" bass , then j45 is probably not for you. get a dread instead.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:05:30 PM by dantuts »

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7113 on: July 30, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
Hi guys! Seriously considering on purchasing my first decent acoustic within the next few months. Can I get any insights regarding Martin and Gibson offerings. Looking particularly at the Martin OMCPA4 model and prolly Gibsons like the J-15. I'm also looking at Maestro guitars. My budget would be up to 65k if ever. Been really itching on getting an acoustic guitar since I've been primarily playing electric guitars ever since I started playing more than a decade now.

Cheers!  :)

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7114 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:21 AM »
Hi guys! Seriously considering on purchasing my first decent acoustic within the next few months. Can I get any insights regarding Martin and Gibson offerings. Looking particularly at the Martin OMCPA4 model and prolly Gibsons like the J-15. I'm also looking at Maestro guitars. My budget would be up to 65k if ever. Been really itching on getting an acoustic guitar since I've been primarily playing electric guitars ever since I started playing more than a decade now.

Cheers!  :)

you can get a lot for 65k. a used martin 15 series and even taylor 6 series, if you can bump your budget to 80K range. kaya na taylor 8 series, martin hd28 .

you can PM farseer.. maybe he can help.

Offline carloangelomendiola

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7115 on: August 05, 2016, 04:57:15 AM »
Hi Guys!

Recently purchased a 3/4th Alvarez RT26 and i'm planning to get one of those elliot lemis. What would be a good preamp for the guitar? I will use it plugged into the P.A of the office for friday jam sessions. Purely acoustic setup. Would a Zoom A3 suffice?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7116 on: August 05, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »
Hi Guys!

Recently purchased a 3/4th Alvarez RT26 and i'm planning to get one of those elliot lemis. What would be a good preamp for the guitar? I will use it plugged into the P.A of the office for friday jam sessions. Purely acoustic setup. Would a Zoom A3 suffice?

my experience with the Elliot lemi's is that they can get pretty picky with the preamps. I think the Zoom A# will work just fine, you can't however, plug it in an onboard preamp due to impedance issues (my personal experience with a TAKAMINE TP4T preamp)

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7117 on: August 05, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »
my experience with the Elliot lemi's is that they can get pretty picky with the preamps. I think the Zoom A# will work just fine, you can't however, plug it in an onboard preamp due to impedance issues (my personal experience with a TAKAMINE TP4T preamp)

Hi Sir,

Just to clarify, what do you mean by can't plugin to an onboard preamp? - novice question sorry. I was also thinking to just plug it straight into the P.A system which has an equalizer. Would that also work? :)

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7118 on: August 05, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
Hi Sir,

Just to clarify, what do you mean by can't plugin to an onboard preamp? - novice question sorry. I was also thinking to just plug it straight into the P.A system which has an equalizer. Would that also work? :)
I think yung sinasabi ni paps ralph ay yung sa onboard pre amp ng guitar. Kunyari balak mong ikabit yung elliot sa onboard preamp like fishmans, etc. eh hindi maganda ang output dahil sa mismatched impedance nung elliot at onboard preamp.

Kung plugin in straight sa P.A system siguro i-EQ mo ng mabuti and controlin mo ang feedback. Malakas kasi sa feedback usually ang mga body transducer pups lalo na pag high volume :)
The blues don't change.

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7119 on: August 06, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »
I think yung sinasabi ni paps ralph ay yung sa onboard pre amp ng guitar. Kunyari balak mong ikabit yung elliot sa onboard preamp like fishmans, etc. eh hindi maganda ang output dahil sa mismatched impedance nung elliot at onboard preamp.

Kung plugin in straight sa P.A system siguro i-EQ mo ng mabuti and controlin mo ang feedback. Malakas kasi sa feedback usually ang mga body transducer pups lalo na pag high volume :)

Thank you for the clarification good sirs :)

Usually sa setups ko before na may onboard pre amp eh halos flat 12oclock naman yung mix. Kasi yung acoustic sessions sa office eh maliit lang usually sa pantry.  Pero if ever po na madaan kunwari sa A.DI ng behringer o sa zoom a3 eh may chance na minimal to zero feedback diba? :) Ang liit kasi nung gitara so i was thinking medyo onti lang feedback

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7120 on: August 08, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
Thank you for the clarification good sirs :)

Usually sa setups ko before na may onboard pre amp eh halos flat 12oclock naman yung mix. Kasi yung acoustic sessions sa office eh maliit lang usually sa pantry.  Pero if ever po na madaan kunwari sa A.DI ng behringer o sa zoom a3 eh may chance na minimal to zero feedback diba? :) Ang liit kasi nung gitara so i was thinking medyo onti lang feedback

mas maganda I plug in sa ADI or A3 yung Elliot Lemi. my experience, di siya okay straight to PA. kulang sa volume tska mismatch ang impedance. Elliot Lemi sounds great pag magpplug ka into an acoustic amp.

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7121 on: September 02, 2016, 04:43:17 PM »
good afternoon good sirs. i,m now gassing to upgrade my acoustic guitar. I've chanced upon an ej200sce from epiphone. for the same price point, any recommendations you might have? or alternatives. budget would be around 30k with included hardcase. any models you might have in mind? i'm also looking into maestros and phoebus :) i might increase it to around 35 to max 40k as a gift for my 30th birthday :)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7122 on: September 05, 2016, 05:22:45 PM »
good afternoon good sirs. i,m now gassing to upgrade my acoustic guitar. I've chanced upon an ej200sce from epiphone. for the same price point, any recommendations you might have? or alternatives. budget would be around 30k with included hardcase. any models you might have in mind? i'm also looking into maestros and phoebus :) i might increase it to around 35 to max 40k as a gift for my 30th birthday :)

go for the maestro's or a nice taylor, pero imho mas better sounding parin si maestro.

Offline golts_vex13

« Reply #7123 on: September 29, 2016, 10:35:19 AM »
Good day mga ka-PM!

Tried searching a thread here about junior acoustic guitar kaso wala (di lang ako matiyaga). :wink: Anyway, can anyone suggest a good, bang for a buck junior acoustic guitar? I want to teach my 7 year old daughter and she's willing to learn. You think oks na yung nasa mga guitar shops? Ayoko din bumili ng mga may kamahalan since I have my own that she can use once she learn how to play a guitar. Thank you so much in advance! Mabuhay ang Philmusic!!!  :-D
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” ― Albert Einstein

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7124 on: September 29, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »
Good day mga ka-PM!

Tried searching a thread here about junior acoustic guitar kaso wala (di lang ako matiyaga). :wink: Anyway, can anyone suggest a good, bang for a buck junior acoustic guitar? I want to teach my 7 year old daughter and she's willing to learn. You think oks na yung nasa mga guitar shops? Ayoko din bumili ng mga may kamahalan since I have my own that she can use once she learn how to play a guitar. Thank you so much in advance! Mabuhay ang Philmusic!!!  :-D
D&D and Phoebus offer 3/4 acoustics. good quality at a good price.