hulika

Author Topic: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread  (Read 64987 times)

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
again, for the nth time, this is not a religion thread!  :x :x

its all about the guitarists bands etc etc,

were here to talk, not to bash.

well, plain and simple, if you're anti something, you have something against them di ba? You have something against christian guitarists mr. skunky? What is it?

Kailangan ba talaga "ANTI CHRISTIAN GUITARISTS", hindi, NONE CHRISTIAN GUITARISTS? or SATANIC GUITARISTS thread? kelangan talaga may ioppose ka? or di ka lang talaga nag iisip pag nagpopost ka ng mga topics?

man, read the first post.

cant you just read? what's with the hate?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline Hunchbuckers

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2009, 10:40:03 PM »
It is clear that we are engaged in spiritual warfare (...be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph 6:10-12).

We are to resist the devil (Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith... (1Pet 5:8-9); (Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7).

But if it is Satan or not, remember the devil is a defeated foe. He and his demons are not to be feared. No doubt the devil wants to plant in our subconscious that he can harm us. Don’t focus on their power, but Christ’s power over them.

Please check out Eph 6:10-18.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »

It is clear that we are engaged in spiritual warfare (...be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph 6:10-12).

We are to resist the devil (Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith... (1Pet 5:8-9); (Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7).

But if it is Satan or not, remember the devil is a defeated foe. He and his demons are not to be feared. No doubt the devil wants to plant in our subconscious that he can harm us. Don’t focus on their power, but Christ’s power over them.

Please check out Eph 6:10-18.

i checked it out. it said, "your post is off-topic. there are people who actually want to get on with the discussion now, go back to your thread, stop jacking this one"

Offline mlakingcrayola

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2009, 11:32:38 PM »
try to listen to this band...  :-D :-D
this may change ur state of mind...   :roll: :roll:

heheheh....

Offline dalandan

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »
What kind of a sick person would think of a thread title like this. Its politically incorrect, crass and uncivil. This HATE thread should be locked.

no, man. it's not. it's about music that is anti-christian. nothing wrong with that. it's a form of musical expression by guitarists hence the posting in the correct forum. didn't you read skunky's post?

and to anyone else who's reading the post, please, it's just the TS' way of broadening the subject on another musical field that, like it or not, is present among the wide array of music in the world.

so the only "hate" going on around these parts is coming from people shooting down a thread that is just as acceptable as say a "Rock Guitarists Thread" or a "Blues Guitarists Thread". mods, please correct me if i'm wrong.

when addressing a public forum, be reminded that not everyone shares your opinion, and that it can be constructively criticized. the thread is specific, it's not demeaning nor is it "politically incorrect (political correctness is a bit overrated IMO), crass, and uncivil".

that's just my 2 pieces of candy in 1950.

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2009, 11:59:31 PM »
religion is for weak minded pus***s who have no ability in life to decide for themselves.

hunchbuckers, we don't need your "opinion" here, plain and simple. none of us attack the christian forums so don't try to force down our throats your pathetic excuse for a belief system.

BTT please...
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 12:25:06 AM »
just shut the f@#$ up regarding how scary God will release his wrath upon us if we continue to discuss in this thread with the given title.

kinikilabutan ka? Huwag mo basahin tong thread na ito. plain and simple.

BTT: i was trying to get those classic deicide sounds (bassy and smooth high gain guitar yet naiintindihan) pero masyado blurry pag live na... ang hirap timplahin para mag cut through. any suggestions? pedals and pups or even amp settings?

yung tunog nang decapitated dati habol ko din eh pero medyo nakukuha ko na cya pag live.

BTW my tuning is CGCFAD and BF#BEG#C#

sa record kasi madali na dayaain sa final mix eh.

william251082

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2009, 01:08:06 AM »
 :-D hahahaaha may mga pare pa yata na nakisali sa thread na 'to at nagpreach. :-D

Nakikinig ako ng sepultura, pantera at megadeth dati, Anti- christian ba yun? Binuo ko pa naman yung solo ni Dimebag sa cowboys from hell :-D

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »
try to listen to this band...  :-D :-D
this may change ur state of mind...   :roll: :roll:

heheheh....

well, it didnt on mine?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2009, 01:22:38 AM »
how about instead of "Anti-Christian", make the thread title "non-Christian"... makes a big difference
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2009, 01:41:21 AM »
Hi, guys.

Although I have been playing for nearly 20 years already, here is a noob question:

How do the bands that were originally intended to be discussed in this thread, call their genre of music?  If they actually called it anti-christian, then by all means, keep the title.  However, if it isn't, then why not change it to what it is actually called to be more accurate and specific?  I personally find the title incorrect when reading what the intention of the thread is supposed to be.

IMO, the precedent term "anti" will step on the beliefs of certain people and evoke emotions that could easily have been avoided if it was not really the intention.  Case in point would be how proud and true Filipinos would react when faced with someone who declares himself to be an anti-Filipino.  Heck, I wouldn't want to be called an anti-guitarist for having a different view of what a guitarist should be.

I like the intention of this thread and was really hoping to learn techniques used by the likes of Skolnick et al. but I am frustrated that there is very little of what I was hoping to get here.  Instead of reading about music and techniques, the majority of what I see is what I believe to be an unending debate on something I do not want to be on any side.  The side I will debate on is music --- christian, folk, chinese, islamic, jewish, mystic or whatever else there may be as long as it is (I will not dare use the word good for what it will connote) nice to hear and gets me rocking.

I hope that this is resolved soon and that everyone get back to the music.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:37 AM »
Hi, guys.

Although I have been playing for nearly 20 years already, here is a noob question:

How do the bands that were originally intended to be discussed in this thread, call their genre of music?  If they actually called it anti-christian, then by all means, keep the title.  However, if it isn't, then why not change it to what it is actually called to be more accurate and specific?  I personally find the title incorrect when reading what the intention of the thread is supposed to be.

IMO, the precedent term "anti" will step on the beliefs of certain people and evoke emotions that could easily have been avoided if it was not really the intention.  Case in point would be how proud and true Filipinos would react when faced with someone who declares himself to be an anti-Filipino.  Heck, I wouldn't want to be called an anti-guitarist for having a different view of what a guitarist should be.

I like the intention of this thread and was really hoping to learn techniques used by the likes of Skolnick et al. but I am frustrated that there is very little of what I was hoping to get here.  Instead of reading about music and techniques, the majority of what I see is what I believe to be an unending debate on something I do not want to be on any side.  The side I will debate on is music --- christian, folk, chinese, islamic, jewish, mystic or whatever else there may be as long as it is (I will not dare use the word good for what it will connote) nice to hear and gets me rocking.

I hope that this is resolved soon and that everyone gets back to the music.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:31 AM »
nice words curiousdcat  :lol:

everyone and everything have loop holes...  :lol:

:-D hahahaaha may mga pare pa yata na nakisali sa thread na 'to at nagpreach. :-D

Nakikinig ako ng sepultura, pantera at megadeth dati, Anti- christian ba yun? Binuo ko pa naman yung solo ni Dimebag sa cowboys from hell :-D

mas gusto ko Pantera compare sa Sepultura, Megadeth din...  :lol:
sana makakuha ko cd ng Cowboys from hell, tape na lang yung  s'kin hindi ko na mapakinggan  :lol:

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:12 AM »
Hi, guys.

I hope that this is resolved soon and that everyone gets back to the music.

I agree with you sir.. The first time I saw this thread, I thought this was created to antagonized Jesus as Christ and of course those who believe in him. Coz the word ANTI means to go against or as opposed in the root word.  But as I saw the comments and thread, mostly it's about specific genres.. I also thought that there are anti-christians out there who have worship services every Sundays and this thread is about those guitarists who actually played there hehehe. I think IMHO, it would be better if the title should be change to a more appropriate description, UNLESS it is really an opposition intended and needs to be expressed freely.

I am a christian, and one of the nice things I've learned is that we are all given FREE WILL to choose and decisions to make in our existence and respect every opinions that we all have...cheers! :lol:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:00:48 AM by wh1t33rick »
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »
religion is for weak minded pus***s who have no ability in life to decide for themselves.

hunchbuckers, we don't need your "opinion" here, plain and simple. none of us attack the christian forums so don't try to force down our throats your pathetic excuse for a belief system.

BTT please...

Wow dude, that's a little harsh don't ya think?

If what you say is true, then everyone is weak minded pus***. Athiesm is a form of religion too, just as is Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, or even Satanism. Even music can be a religion.

Any thread should be allowed on here - including this one. It's a forum where people express their viewpoints. But - attacking any group of people and calling them weak minded pus*** is in my opinion a bit out of line.

Be well,

Doc
Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!

Offline Hunchbuckers

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »
I dont even want to be in this thread guys my apologies but you came knocking and invited us here. I am a Christian, though not belonging to any religion and as you know Christians go even to the vilest of places. Maybe God loves you so much thats why He let go of his humble and "dumb"servants to spread the Word. Nobody is beyond redemption who knows in the twilight of your years you will come a knocking again not to blaspheme His name but to give praise and worship. Mat 26  And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »
Just want to make one clarification here and I'm not preaching. Christianity in it's true form is NOT a religion and never was intended by Christ to be a religion. In fact, Christ was more often than not speaking out AGAINST religion.

Christianity if it is perceived as it should be, is a spiritual philosophy and way of life.

I don't believe this thread should be taken down or stopped. It is a good thread for people to express their views provided they can do so in a mature fashion without attacking.

Be well,

Doc

If what you say is true, then everyone is weak minded pus***. Athiesm is a form of religion too, just as is Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, or even Satanism. Even music can be a religion.

Be well,

Doc
Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
Just want to make one clarification here and I'm not preaching. Christianity in it's true form is NOT a religion and never was intended by Christ to be a religion. In fact, Christ was more often than not speaking out AGAINST religion.

Christianity if it is perceived as it should be, is a spiritual philosophy and way of life.

I don't believe this thread should be taken down or stopped. It is a good thread for people to express their views provided they can do so in a mature fashion without attacking.

Be well,

Doc

Be well,

Doc
Be well,

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »

Be well,

Doc

There you go...the Doc speaketh... :-) nice one sir!!
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

Be well,

Doc

well said doc . it is really comforting to know someone understands his place in this forum. 
Pulling Teeth!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:40 AM »
peace :lol:

Offline xboughtbybloodx

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2009, 08:57:31 AM »
its funny how you labeled this as an anti christian thread and yet most of the bands you noted you yourself called as not real satanic?!God bless you brother,let me invite you to our church,ANCF,located in masinag sumulong hiway just above bio gym.service starts at 9am in the morning.hehe

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I dont even want to be in this thread guys my apologies but you came knocking and invited us here. I am a Christian, though not belonging to any religion and as you know Christians go even to the vilest of places. Maybe God loves you so much thats why He let go of his humble and "dumb"servants to spread the Word. Nobody is beyond redemption who knows in the twilight of your years you will come a knocking again not to blaspheme His name but to give praise and worship. Mat 26  And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.

oh hell no.

@ussfdoc: i agree. the sentiment to label people weak minded is ignorant. hell it is 2009, folks should get with the program to realize that the world is just a varied place and there really is no wrong way to do worship if you so choose to do that. it is a spiritual reason, you know? if anything choosing to funnel your beliefs through a religion is anything BUT weak minded because you ARE chosing a path to express you beliefs; you ARE looking into the teaching of a religion and using it as a pillar to live a decent life. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that and the choice to do so is subjective and relative to each person. i have no right - nor does anyone - have the right to judge other folks on how they chose to live a decent life as long as they don't bring harm on others. the guy should ease up, open their mind and let others live their life as they see fit.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08:45 AM »
peace :lol:

lagi naman tayong for peace sir  :-D

ok let me make my contribution in this thread.  dimebag and pantera, skolnick and his crew. grew up listening to ledzep guitarist jimmy page. i still play stairway to heaven nowadays, only this time i took out most of the song's immensity (can't think of a better word right now) and translate it to solo acoustic fingerstyle.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:11:16 AM by thr3ten »
Pulling Teeth!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
lagi naman tayong for peace sir  :-D

ok let me make my contribution in this thread.  dimebag and pantera, skolnick and his crew. grew up listening to ledzep guitarist jimmy page. i still play stairway to heaven nowadays, only this time i took out most of the song's immensity (can't think of a better word right now) and translate it to solo acoustic fingerstyle.

maayos din to  :lol: