hulika

Author Topic: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread  (Read 63750 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 12:22:22 AM »
i read the earlier posts and wondered what the hooplah was about. come on, it is 2009 and people believe all sorts of things. Just because you are Christian doesn't make you any different from the guy that worships cheese as a deity. Anti-christian, pro-christian...it is all the same and a relative point of view. If there are people willing to sing about how being Christian is so great, i'd give room for others to do the exact opposite because that is what they believe in. Who am I to judge what another person believes?

Personally, I wouldn't play in a worship band since that isn't my thing but other people like bridging playing music with their faith which is all cool...it is just that I don't think a blaring Mesa stack and stage diving would be took well by my parish priest so I keep my music outside of church and keep it strictly as a place to think.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline IncX

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »

i am generally anti-religion... in a sense, i am anti-christian as far as religion is concerned, but i am not anti-christian teachings nor am i anti-god.

i think a lot of guitar players are like that... whether they admit it or not - since admitting it usually gives them bad press.

there are times i enjoy promoting myself as a satanist, just because it offends simple minded ppl who fear the word "satan." i have always believed that the more you fear one thing, the closer you are in becoming it... i guess thats how the dark ages started... ppl just feared the devil so much, that they turned it into a reality, with them becoming the devil.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »
Sorry, but where is the HATE in what skunky said? You brought it here, not him. And if you read his post carefully and ATTEMPT TO USE A BIT OF COMPREHENSION then you'll see what he means by "Anti-Christian Guitarists". :roll:

its the thread title being pointed out.

and...

this thread should be locked because it has run a different path for the Guitar Central forum.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »
being a musician is like directing a movie
simple doesn't mean na kung gumawa ka ng satanic movie eh
one of them ka na dba madalas we write song o we play kase yun lang feel natin o passion natin yun but not to the point na satanic player ka na dba
search mo yung mga band na masyadong morbid yung lyrics di mo iisipin pero
napakabuti nila and God feared din sila so what the point dba..
pero bumenta kahit papanu to pero sana isipin din natin kung tama ba
well kanya kanyang opinion lang yan eh
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »
i am generally anti-religion... in a sense, i am anti-christian as far as religion is concerned, but i am not anti-christian teachings nor am i anti-god.

i think a lot of guitar players are like that... whether they admit it or not - since admitting it usually gives them bad press.

there are times i enjoy promoting myself as a satanist, just because it offends simple minded ppl who fear the word "satan." i have always believed that the more you fear one thing, the closer you are in becoming it... i guess thats how the dark ages started... ppl just feared the devil so much, that they turned it into a reality, with them becoming the devil.

+1000
tama ka dyan
dami nga ganyan
they have no God but they're good than those who believe in God!!!!
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 01:30:31 AM »
i don't believe in religion either... but i do good to my fellow men :evil:

now lets burn those fretboards with phrygian mode and harmonic minor licks... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »
Just wanna share my side:

I too is an Atheist.

But never did I bash others belief and religion, I used to be a christian but never really felt it.

It's just that there are people like me, who doesn't believe in a God figure nor believe in Christ.

I believe that whatever we do, whatever happens, it's plainly because of you and because it happens, no divine intervention whatsoever.

We don't choose to be that way but we've come to that realization.

And early realization comes to me at about when I'm at 1st Year High, I'm graduating at College hopefully next year.

Still, I believe that, Christian or not, people should treat each other with respect and with courtesy.

We can all be good with or without religion.

Anyways, Christian or Not, we all share the same passion, we're all musician. Don't let religion separate us from our community.

To Christians: We respect you so please respect us too. This thread might sound offending to you but this Forum site isn't just made to cater you.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 01:47:38 AM »
wala na, naging religion thread na.  :lol: :lol:

just joking guys.  :lol: :lol:
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »
it is so apparent that this is what divides people the most..can we just look pass that and just get along?  :-)

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
it is so apparent that this is what divides people the most..can we just look pass that and just get along?  :-)

Aye Sir!

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 01:51:15 AM »
In just several hours the thread grew but where are the guitarist involved working with satanic groups so far.

I like what i read here though, lots to learn from respecting each other's differences indeed.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 01:55:20 AM »

that makes you a free thinker..welcome to the fold...

so back to the topic..dati iniiwasan kong makinig ng Testament dahil makita ko pa lang yung logo and album design eh napapa isip na ko na "satanists"...eh pucha di ko alam magiging idol ko pala si Alex Skolnick lolz..
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 02:02:05 AM »
Yan lang kasi yung mga tipo ng band na kapag nahuli ka ng Nanay mo na pinakikinggan mo yan eh itatapon ka sa bintana.

Buti na lang may Headphones.

Narinig nyo na ba yung mga works ng Emperor?

Medyo nahihilig na rin ako sa mga Death Metal Bands minus the vocals, di ko lang talaga makuha yung enjoyment sa vocals na puro Death Metal Scream.

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 02:07:03 AM »
a huge emperor fan here, i even have a live DVD... :-D

i also dig opeth...the dream theater of black metal

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 02:09:30 AM »
Here's my list;

1.Mike Wead, Michael Denner, and Hank Sherman of the band Merciful Fate.
2.Chris Holmes from the band W.A.S.P.
3.Daisy Berkowitz – guitars (1989–1996), Zim Zum – guitars (1996–1998) John 5 (1998-2004),Mark Chaussee – guitars (2004–2005),Rob Holliday – bass (2007–2008), guitars (2008), Wes Borland – guitars (2008–2009)...from the band MArilyn Manson.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:20:53 AM by screamingguitars »

Offline fongvodka

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 02:17:27 AM »
Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin.Anti-Christ?But still required learning for any aspiring guitarist.
and if i die before i wake,pray to the lord my soul to take.
Meron bang satanic chord(s) or riff(s).
Nothing wrong with the thread title.PEACE.
see you in the next life brother,and dont be late.

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 03:13:19 AM »
i dont think there is such thing as satanic chord/riff/melody/sound or whatever you call it.. but i dig john 5s work with marilyn manson.. the satanic band as far as the SOCIETY/NORM is concerned..

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 04:15:11 AM »
Dagdag na diyan yung mga pogi boys na tumutugtog sa Bloodbath.  Wasak talaga kapag si Mikael ang bokalista ng kombo. Tag team ni Per Eriksson tsaka si Anders Nystrom sa gitara.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:17:09 AM by Deadwing »

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »
sali lang ako.

I don't think you trust in my
Self-righteous suicide,
I cry, when angels deserve to die
In my self-righteous suicide,
I cry, when angels deserve to die

Father (father)...
Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
Father into your hands, why have you forsaken me?
In your eyes, forsaken me
In your thoughts, forsaken me
In your heart, forsaken me
- system of a down, chosuey

sa akin lang, whats with all this Jesus Christ-hating anyway?

i dont hear bands blasting BUDDHA, ALLAH/MOHAMED and HINDU gods (i do not dare list them down), have you?

isnt it not plainly because they wanna sell the  'dark side' attitude? in the end of the day, when you ask these guys what their singing about, they dont know s h i t about what it is because they dont even know anything about Christianity.

its all about being DARK, obsessing about death, blood and journeying to hell and back. i bet that if you push these guys into a pit of dead bodies and bury them altogether, theyll be pissing in their pants and crying out for their mamas.

woos cunts.

would you look at these retards. who says the 'devil' looks anything close to what these posers are trying to project? trying to look mean and angry. for all you know, lucifer himself could have the most serene face yould ever seen in your life. isnt he supposed to be deceivingly pure looking, harmless like a stupid sheep? then prances on you when youve put down all your defenses?

music should be about lifes experiences and the thoughts that linger in your head. a reflection of what you are. not what youre trying to be.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:56:06 AM by grasyaps »
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 05:41:36 AM »
^^yes everyone is entitled to his own freedom of expression but the titile of the thread "anit-Christian"is igniting war and disrespect. Why not rename the thread SAtan-inspired guitarists instead? sounds more cool what do you think? Because the other thread :christian guitarist" says nothig about anti-satan..because its hypocrisy when one is saying that he is anti-Christian then comming back with the statement that he is not worshipping satan only the music..If one declares to be anti-Christian he must live up to his words and hate all that Is Christian, well I can believe that that is an anti-Christian thread, but this, this is not.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 05:45:44 AM by 24242009 »

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »
that makes you a free thinker..welcome to the fold...

so back to the topic..dati iniiwasan kong makinig ng Testament dahil makita ko pa lang yung logo and album design eh napapa isip na ko na "satanists"...eh pucha di ko alam magiging idol ko pala si Alex Skolnick lolz..

Eric Peterson and his work with Dragonlord, i think he has gone a long way since his trash metal days with testament.

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 07:46:29 AM »
i dont think there is such thing as satanic chord/riff/melody/sound or whatever you call it.. but i dig john 5s work with marilyn manson.. the satanic band as far as the SOCIETY/NORM is concerned..

ser napanuod ko yung DVD na METAL: A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY, may tinukoy dun na Scales or melody to call out the DEVIL hehe...

Offline boncram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
yan ang problema sa mga masyadong matatalino hindi malaman kung ano seryoso sa hindi. alam naman nating lahat kung ano aim nung TS. DIYOS ko po naman.

Offline fzeppelin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »
I dont want to argue with Satanists or any of his losers I'm out of Philmusic. Thanks moderators and the 98% of the members who still see the bright and enlightened side of Life (such as this site until now)- May your tribe increase. To the Satanists well I was wondering why you infested this site with your beliefs (aka free speech) all along I thought you were thrown into the bottomless pit.

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 08:26:33 AM »
I dont want to argue with Satanists or any of his losers I'm out of Philmusic. Thanks moderators and the 98% of the members who still see the bright and enlightened side of Life (such as this site until now)- May your tribe increase. To the Satanists well I was wondering why you infested this site with your beliefs (aka free speech) all along I thought you were thrown into the bottomless pit.

here is the exact reason why I agreed that the subject be changed to something else.  I personally think skunky's shaking his head in disbelief how seriously people are taking this topic.  I have no side and refuse to take one as a musician.  but i knew that the subject is bound to generate this kind of attention.  so there... 

to the mods i'm sure skunky wouldn't mind  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:29:54 AM by thr3ten »
Pulling Teeth!