hulika

Author Topic: tanong lang about sa amplifiers  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
tanong lang about sa amplifiers
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 10:15:31 AM »
i have a 65 watt SS peavey amp.. good enough for practice and good for larger venues basta maayos yung pag ka mic and mix sa PA

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
Hmm...my G15 is pretty small, and is a 15 Watter, but it's got enough power to get over the sound of the drums, with some more to spare actually. That's here in my small cramped house, from experience as well.

Is that with distorted or clean tone?  In my experience, 15 tube watts didn't have enuff clean headroom in a gig.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »
Quote from: markflo
anyway, back to the topic...for jamming, based on EXPERIENCE...pag solid state, siguro ayos mga 60-90 watts...pag tube mga 15-50 will be more than enough...

+1 :D
yung amp kong tubo, 50 watts, kaya nasa 2-3 pa lang yung volume sobrang lakas na. siguro nga pag tubo, mga 15-30 watts lang. pag solid state, 50-70. kung portability ang paguusapan, ok lang kasi kung tubo naman at low wattage lang, di masyadong mabigat.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline enricodedios

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk

wow! taas nyan! Ang [chewbacca] naman nung nag set up nyan baket d nalang nya lagay yung head sa mababa! tsk!

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 10:55:21 AM »
Quote from: enricodedios
wow! taas nyan! Ang [chewbacca] naman nung nag set up nyan baket d nalang nya lagay yung head sa mababa! tsk!

kelangan daw kasi mataas yung headroom..... :mrgreen:
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »
yes. big headroom for people with big heads like a few people. :mrgreen:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »
well.. it depends on the amp.. especially kung stick lang tayo sa power output (referring to the question).

a 30W SS amp is not as loud as a 30W Tube amp.

it's like this - ilan ang kailangan para hilahin ang isang trak

dalawang kalabaw o dalawang kabayo?
doh!!!

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
well he somehow managed to hijack another thread and talk about nothing but himself and his toys.. and the fact that he probably just plays in his bedroom most of the time. great!  :shock:

swak ang observation mo jack.  he always manages to sneak in something about what he's got... and sadly, i don't think it's having those amps that makes him happy... but rather i think it's knowing that other people don't have what he's got that makes him happy.  sad ano?

i thought nagbago na ang kolokoy with the last post i saw, but unfortunately, some things never change.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Hmm...my G15 is pretty small, and is a 15 Watter, but it's got enough power to get over the sound of the drums, with some more to spare actually. That's here in my small cramped house, from experience as well.

Is that with distorted or clean tone?  In my experience, 15 tube watts didn't have enuff clean headroom in a gig.

I don't use kasi a pure unbypassed setup. My "clean" tone always comes with a little chorus. I can get a little gain boost from there. But that's interesting, lemme check on that when we practice here again, I'll go for straight unbypassed and see if I can still get over the drums.

Teka...the G15 is a SS Marshall.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »
Quote from: ryechua
well.. it depends on the amp.. especially kung stick lang tayo sa power output (referring to the question).

a 30W SS amp is not as loud as a 30W Tube amp.

it's like this - ilan ang kailangan para hilahin ang isang trak

dalawang kalabaw o dalawang kabayo?

So which is the kalabaw and the kabayo ? :D

I havent had the pleasure of cranking up a tube amp (even a small one) all the way to 10, but from THEORY (lol) a solid state should be louder because it doesnt have "inefficient" components like output trannies. And, it's so much easier for designers to put in large engineering margins to solid state devices (because they're cheap) than in tube amps. So a solid state amp rated at say 15 watts could actually crank out 30 watts for brief periods of time. Provided that the driver can take it of course.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline mang_disto

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 11:46:04 AM »
salmat sa mga reply nyo guys. kulang kc knowledge ko e
..tska pansin ko lang bat ang daming galit kay "oasgomez"...  cno kya sya? parang ndi sya friendly e.. parang lahat ng member dito sa forum mainit ang ulo sa kanya.... gawa na lng kya tayo ng thread about kay "oasgomez" meron na ata nun or wala?

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan
Quote from: jack in a vox
well he somehow managed to hijack another thread and talk about nothing but himself and his toys.. and the fact that he probably just plays in his bedroom most of the time. great!  :shock:

swak ang observation mo jack.  he always manages to sneak in something about what he's got... and sadly, i don't think it's having those amps that makes him happy... but rather i think it's knowing that other people don't have what he's got that makes him happy.  sad ano?

i thought nagbago na ang kolokoy with the last post i saw, but unfortunately, some things never change.

actually pre, mas swak ang observation mo.. i think he finds the pleasure in bragging that he's the only one who has what he has, that explains the thread: "FIRST EVER DIEZEL HERBERT IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!"

it is sad...

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »
I havent had the pleasure of cranking up a tube amp (even a small one) all the way to 10

are you sure you're ready for it?  :lol:

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »
an amp on full 10 = bad for your ears unless you have the cabs in an iso box or in another room...lol. i've cranked my boogies and diezel a little past 12 o'clock and it is loud and heavy in a small room to the point where everything that isn't heavy enough to move or bolted down starts rattling off the shelves/ table. grabe ng hearing fatigue pagkatapos pero its fun naman-if you get the chance to take your amp to a warehouse or something, subukan mo, its fun:)
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
last EB namin ni Markflo I cranked my Legacy at 8 (ATTENUATOR OFF)....and the tone....my god....I cannot recognize myself playing through that amp.....what an amp!!!! :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »
i can only imagine what a Legacy sounds cranked! Pure Vai ata no? I always loved Vai's tone through the Legacy amps...very very fluid and strong even though there is not much gain driving his playing.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
i can only imagine what a Legacy sounds cranked! Pure Vai ata no? I always loved Vai's tone through the Legacy amps...very very fluid and strong even though there is not much gain driving his playing.

It actually sounds good. The person that can tell you more about this is Mr. Phil who owns the amp and had the pleasure of cranking it up. Take it over, Phil...

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 04:08:04 PM »
Quote from: mang_disto
..tska pansin ko lang bat ang daming galit kay "oasgomez"...  cno kya sya? parang ndi sya friendly e.. parang lahat ng member dito sa forum mainit ang ulo sa kanya.... gawa na lng kya tayo ng thread about kay "oasgomez" meron na ata nun or wala?

Meron na, mang_disto. Dalawa pa nga ang bilang ko, eh, hehe :lol:

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »
Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: mang_disto

Meron na, mang_disto. Dalawa pa nga ang bilang ko, eh, hehe :lol:

dalawa lang?  :lol:

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Oas, i guess we're talking bout your Diezel again..sigh. anyway, i agree about your point about perceived loudness  being 1, 10, 100  ... but a 1-watt or 10 watt amp will have less "headroom" compared to a say Peavey classic 30...  the 1 and 10 watt amp's clean channel will go into distortion too early, whereas a 50 or 30 watt amp will give you the convinience of not having to crank up the volume and go to early distortion...definitely, your 180 watt Diezel will have plenty of headroom,  but do you really need that much?

anyway, here a link to guitarnuts, i find it very educational lalo na about debunking amplifier myths...
http://www.guitarnuts.com/amps/myths.php

wala naman syang ibang pagyayabang kundi yan at yung cable nya eh. hehehehe.

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »
:D musta na kayo dito mga tol.. marami din namang natututunan dito at very informative talaga.. sa mga nabasa ko.. sa experience ko 30 watts is really enough kung small ang venue at mas ok talaga ang dating kapag less ang wattage kapag inoverdrive mo.. compared sa mataas na wattage na mahirap i control ang volume kapag overdriven o distorted na.. just my observation.
Music is art in sound...

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »
Ag3nt,

So anong pinagmamalaki mo?  Anong position mo sa wattage?  Kayo mo ba sabihin sa akin ang difference ng 37 watts na tube amp sa 55 watt na tube amp?

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2006, 11:00:48 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Ag3nt,

So anong pinagmamalaki mo?  Anong position mo sa wattage?  Kayo mo ba sabihin sa akin ang difference ng 37 watts na tube amp sa 55 watt na tube amp?

bakit mo naman kelangan itanong sa kin yan? dahil ba yan lang alam mo?  :lol:

My point is that when I bring an amp, i bring it because of its sound and tapon. I do not look if it is a 10 watt or 180 watt amp. I dare anyone to pinpoint a sound because of wattage e.g. Its brighter because its 100 watt. It overdrives easier because its only 15 watts.

translation: my point is, try to buy the same amp as mine for you to sound good on stage.

tsk tsk... what a loser.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 04:47:39 AM »
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..............

All I can say is I hate the feeling when I can't hear the drummer and bassist because I have to crank my amp to sound good.  :wink:

As for the scalable master volume designed amps oas is talking about, I just feel they're different monsters.  Peter Diezel himself said, YOU CANNOT REPLACE A CLASSIC DESIGN.  So if you prefer your 180W Herbert for gigs, whether you're playing for Amoranto or some crampy bar like Magnet, then good for you.  There is just something about cranked vintage-design tube amps that sound magical.  I think a 15W tube amp for blues in a bar is loud enough.  But for metal and rock, I think at least 30W.  50W for more deafening sounds.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 05:58:34 AM »
if I can't crank really high, I usually pre-heat the amp for 5-10 minutes to get it going if I will end up playing at a lower volume. For smaller amps, this works pretty well.