hulika

Author Topic: Yngwie being a douchebag again.  (Read 17635 times)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yngwie being a douchebag again.
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
oi RJVMC d ako fan ni malmsteem ah ?

Offline south of heaven

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2006, 11:31:52 AM »
Quote from: RJVMC
Wow.

Dami palang fans ni YM dito. Sorry If I offended you all with my "Yngwie" remarks regarding Yngwie's remarks on other musicians' lack of talent, phrasing, songwriting, out of tune, whatever.

Phew.

But he declared himself a reincarnation of Paganini? Only eggheads are gullible. I hope you're not.

sonnyrayvaughn, sorry but for the life of me  I can't accept YM has "talent". If talent for you is hitting 5,000 notes in one minute and sounding classical in a rock context, then so be it.

The thing is: he can't write songs hence he covers it up with his masturbatory solos and bad ass attitude. It's been discussed a million times in guitar magazines, gigs, music magazines long before the internet was born.

Why can't you live with that?

A true fan should accept his "shortcomings" and I believe you should do. Unless you're in constant denial and you think he has the talent cause he sold a million records in the process?

Britney did that. So let's assume she's talented, too? Right?

And to quote YM, "I hate bassist who don't use picks, it sounds ugly."

Maybe that's a good advice from him and tell your bassist about it.

No I didn't made that one up. It's one of my old, old guitar mag way back in the 80's.

Let me know what happens.

PS: He never insulted any of my relatives. I'm speaking in behalf of my own will, no more no less.

And don't brag me about your bedroom prowess, I'm too old for that.

I hope you're not the "talented" kid I'm referring to.

Uncle RJVMC, kyo rin ho ba si rockabillybunny sa yupangco forums.  Parang katunog nyo he eh.
http://www.yupangco.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3312&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Bastard sons begat your cunting daughters!!

Offline south of heaven

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2006, 11:34:49 AM »
Quote from: titser_marco
IMHO talent can be either (or both):

1. Propensity for creation

2. Mastery of a skill

While Yngwie's qualifications for no. 1 may be debatable, no.2 definitely is right there.

Ah!!! ang number one mo siguro e si Freddie Mercury  :lol:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »
Quote from: south of heaven

2. Mastery of a skill

While Yngwie's qualifications for no. 1 may be debatable, no.2 definitely is right there.

Hmm, this raises issues about your ear for good music. Freddie Mercury is actually good, if not legendary.

You seem to be too obsessed on the topic of homosexuality. Is it projection that I see? Or masking your true identity by having a, ahem, mean avatar? I pity you, fool.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2006, 01:31:42 AM »
Quote from: SDMF
I wonder what YJM thinks of Eddie Van Halen.. 8) Have yuo guys read anything about YJM commenting on EVH?

There was a Guitar World interview way way back when. I'm too lazy to pull out my copy type the exact passages, but he said that he tried to hook up with EVH a couple of times but never actually met. He went on saying that he felt that Eddie was avoiding him because Eddie was probably intimidated by him.

The first time I read that, I was like, "wow...."
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2006, 02:39:42 AM »
Wow nga :shock:

I think mahirap talaga maka hook up si EVH..For example si Dimebag..imagine e biggest fan nya, and they only met later in Dime's life na.

I remember this issue w/ Randy Rhoads chasing EVH din...may angasan din hehehe!

Although, EVH seems to treat Jerry Cantrell so nice..Gave him a 5150 amp, called Jerry one of his favorite players, and even bougth the band members of AIC their wardrobe at Doc Martens' :mrgreen:  fafa!
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2006, 02:43:37 AM »
What if YJM does a Santana, wherein he'll collaborate w/ different singers/artist and make good radio-friendly songs? 8)
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2006, 03:29:24 AM »
What if YJM does a Santana, wherein he'll collaborate w/ different singers/artist and make good radio-friendly songs? 8)
I doubt it...he's not even friendly. :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 03:38:33 AM »
Quote from: Phil
I doubt it...he's not even friendly. :wink:
:mrgreen:

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2006, 06:17:54 AM »

I think mahirap talaga maka hook up si EVH..For example si Dimebag..imagine e biggest fan nya, and they only met later in Dime's life na.

Although, EVH seems to treat Jerry Cantrell so nice..Gave him a 5150 amp, called Jerry one of his favorite players, and even bougth the band members of AIC their wardrobe at Doc Martens' :mrgreen:  fafa!

wow bait naman nya sa AIC ? cguro that explains may gitara rin si cantrell na kamukha nung sig guitar ni EVH yung wolfgang yata yun ? gamit nya yun sa would? nung MTV new years eve performance special nila 1993 pa yata yun ?

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2006, 06:54:04 AM »
this is last 2002...
yngwei airplane scandal...
pakinggan nyo yung mp3 nyahahahahaha

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2002/12/09/161259.php

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8100

hahaha yung second link nakakatuwa ang flaming posts nila... biro mo for almost 3-4 years pinag uusapan pa rin nila... hahahaha

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2006, 08:48:03 AM »
Quote from: bugoy

wow bait naman nya sa AIC ? cguro that explains may gitara rin si cantrell na kamukha nung sig guitar ni EVH yung wolfgang yata yun ? gamit nya yun sa would? nung MTV new years eve performance special nila 1993 pa yata yun ?

bro, bigay din ni evh un. nakalimutan ko banggitin...AIC and EVH hooked up in 90 or 91 pa. 8)

Offline south of heaven

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2006, 08:52:08 AM »

2. Mastery of a skill

Hmm, this raises issues about your ear for good music. Freddie Mercury is actually good, if not legendary.

You seem to be too obsessed on the topic of homosexuality. Is it projection that I see? Or masking your true identity by having a, ahem, mean avatar? I pity you, fool.

Such a faggy statement.  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
Fag or not I still feel Freddie Mercury is one of the best vocalist in the history of rock and roll....along with Robert Plant and others.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline south of heaven

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »
Quote from: Phil
Fag or not I still feel Freddie Mercury is one of the best vocalist in the history of rock and roll....along with Robert Plant and others.

:wink:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »

2. Mastery of a skill

Such an idiotic statement. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
Music Man Axis yung ginamit ni Jerry Cantrell na bigay ni EVH. trip din daw ni EVH magsolo si Slash sabi sa isang interview. "Paradise City" at "Welcome to the Jungle" daw favorite nya :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline south of heaven

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »

2. Mastery of a skill

Such an idiotic statement. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  Kamusta na yung mga Playgirl Collections mo??  :lol:  :lol:

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2006, 09:36:48 AM »
Quote from: bugoy

bro, bigay din ni evh un. nakalimutan ko banggitin...AIC and EVH hooked up in 90 or 91 pa. 8)

wow astig talaga si cantrell!

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2006, 01:37:08 PM »
Quote from: RJVMC

But he declared himself a reincarnation of Paganini? Only eggheads are gullible. I hope you're not.

nobody will say yngwie is the nicest guy in the world. in fact, he's very arrogant and an elitist. but you simply cannot deny his talent. talent that many of us can only dream about.

sonnyrayvaughn, sorry but for the life of me  I can't accept YM has "talent". If talent for you is hitting 5,000 notes in one minute and sounding classical in a rock context, then so be it.

whether you like it or not, yngwie has been studied (and still is being studied) by classical musicians and even conservatories especially
his concierto suite.

The thing is: he can't write songs hence he covers it up with his masturbatory solos and bad ass attitude. It's been discussed a million times in guitar magazines, gigs, music magazines long before the internet was born.

Why can't you live with that?

masturbatory for you. brilliance for many. live with it.

A true fan should accept his "shortcomings" and I believe you should do. Unless you're in constant denial and you think he has the talent cause he sold a million records in the process?

so jacko fans should now deny that "thriller" is among the best selling albums of all time? deny that freddie mercury has a great voice because he's gay and died of aids?

And to quote YM, "I hate bassist who don't use picks, it sounds ugly."

Maybe that's a good advice from him and tell your bassist about it.

that's his opinion, as much as you have your opinion of him. so deal with it.

I hope you're not the "talented" kid I'm referring to.

you can always post a video or something.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline cryingfreeman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
I wonder what YJM thinks of Eddie Van Halen.. 8) Have yuo guys read anything about YJM commenting on EVH?

There was a Guitar World interview way way back when. I'm too lazy to pull out my copy type the exact passages, but he said that he tried to hook up with EVH a couple of times but never actually met. He went on saying that he felt that Eddie was avoiding him because Eddie was probably intimidated by him.

The first time I read that, I was like, "wow...."

I remembered YJM's concert vids when he was doing Eruption. In the middle of the song, did the yawning gesture, then did his own thing..

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2006, 11:50:01 AM »
Alam din siguro ni EVH that YJM is up for snuff for trying to hook up with him...Nde sincere as a musician...I mean he's acting like a child.. :lol:  :lol:

If EVH had agreed, magiging pataasan ng ihi ung meeting nila nde musical. :lol:  At malamang mababasa natin sa mga guitar mags, how he raced with EVH playing...blah blah blah... :lol:

Offline eubieblake

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Yngwie being a douchebag again.
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2009, 02:12:56 AM »
did you see the youtube of him buying a vintage strat only to throw it at the back of his limo :cry:

hahaha..saw that one... he is also good in making a deal while he is buying the guitar..hahah,,i think that he would be a good buyer at the divisoria or baclaran..hahaha..

Offline incubusdrivenlife

• Netizen Level
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2009, 02:26:26 AM »
i guess it's okay. time eventually caught up with malmsteen (he looks obese now :|) but glad to know his skillset is still the same or better  :lol: i love malmsteen :mrgreen:

Offline rukero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2009, 07:12:06 AM »
Wow, resurrected 'tong thread!  Dami pa palang fans si YJM.
I remember reading this interview in a mag before.  It was fun to read it again though.  YJM may be a [sausage], but he's really good at what he does.  :roll:
Fender HWY1 Texas Tele, Polytune, Chi Wah Wah, Musket, Boiling Point, Fetto, FD2, Small Clone, Echo Park, DMM, Diamond Trem, JamMan Solo, Marshall 2x75w