hulika

Author Topic: how can you deal with the people insulting your pedalboard???  (Read 22324 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: how can you deal with the people insulting your pedalboard???
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2009, 02:16:58 AM »
He does have a lot of nemesis here... I don't need to mention each & everyone...i'm just quoting some of them :-D

boss jim even said that he'll ban alex permanently if he continues to torment other members w/ his obnoxious posts & arrogance...

As I said before, I can prove it...  I am no more arrogant than the other people on this forum who claim things they cannot prove or have not even heard/played in person.  If I have enemies, its because I take a stand on certain issues that I can substantiate.    For example, I can prove to you that a GOOD SOUNDING US$5000 ELECTRIC GUITAR will beat the crap out of 99% of everything else but I can never prove that it will be personally worth it for you.  Thus, I will take a stand on the guitar but I will not take a stand on its personal value to you.

Personally, when it comes to gear, there is no middle ground -- either you keep it for the right reasons or you sell it because of a wrong purchase decision.  

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2009, 03:40:23 AM »
Aya hasn't tried my gear so he should keep his opinion to himself.  Magaling naman talaga kayo sa statement pero hindi niyo pa nasusubukan.  And lets stick to the point, BAKIT HINDI KA GUMAGAMIT NG RAON STRAT AT CRAPPY KARAOKE AMP?

O, easy... wala naman akong sinasabing ganyan, eh.

But as to the point raised, why as a matter of fact, I have tried playing through a raon strat and a karaoke amp. I still sounded like myself (... like sh_t).  :-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2009, 03:58:57 AM »
oy, oy, oy...play nicely. firemodel, does have a point. no need to start name calling. the reason why we use better gear is to sound better, nothing more, nothing less. however, there still is no substitute for knowing HOW to play and THAT is a constant variable.

back to regular programming: if someone talks smack about your gear, let them be and go back to playing. nothing will silence someone faster than well played, skillful, soulful incendiary licks that makes your set sound solid and good. the hater MIGHT feel salty and still hate you but, chances are, people woul really appreciate good music will be watching your set and you'd want their input anyway over someone that has nothing constructive to suggest than plain 'ol hate....and who should care about another non-contributing zero messing up your day? :-D
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2009, 04:07:18 AM »
hey guys hingin ko lang po opinion nyo hehe

some one is insulting my set up.

saying that it is dry hehe how can i deal with him?

this is my set up

ibanez wd7 - boss mt2 - boss sd2 - boss rv3

karapat dapat ba talagang tawaging dry pag walang modulation?

mas maganda ba tone pag 2 multi (zoom g2 and a korg) ang nakalagay sa rig consecutively hehe

he is the same person who says that stompboxes are use lang sa panahon ni kopong kopong hehe

just asking your opinion

di naman ako kumikibo dahil alam ko naman which is having the better tone

ask ko lang opinion nyo baka ako naman ang nagkakamali thanks

comments are very much welcome

don't be insulted. the guy is a bastard who don't know [gooey brown stuff]. yun lang yun
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
multi and stomps have their own respective tone...

may mga kanta na maganda gumamit ng multi like electronica and disco music...halos hindi ito kayang gayahin analog, at kung kaya napakahirap.

i respect multi users kahit im analog fanatic (boss lang)
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2009, 06:03:54 AM »
Oh my. I feel sorry for Donard.

On a simple issue of stompbox dissing, we have escalated into talking about expensive stuff is better than cheap stuff.

It's the same pattern again. The same person starts by innocently stating a valid point but always adds that "I have very expensive stuff". He was once banned before.

To the young ones in Philmusic, this guy has a reputation. He proclaims that he sticks by his principles. But if his principles are angled differently, that doesn't mean this they are noble all the time. Money does not equal tone. If it does, then the actress who is sharing a bed with a former telecommunications company owner would play better than Andy Timmons.

Donard, when it comes to effects, there are no "right" or "wrong" answers. Just look at Angus Young's rig compared to The Edge. The latter's rig is more complex than a space shuttle cockpit. But neither puts the other down. Their "playing" proves it.

OT - If Aya Y sounded like sh_t, then I play like a septic tank.... :lol:

Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2009, 06:08:15 AM »
lol @ TS you'll know you're right when your hater starts buying pedals...

william251082

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2009, 06:41:44 AM »
Although it's fun (if you're rich), the quest for gear is a long, dangerous path -- Beware! --

Before you know it sales people are just putting crap in your head. If they know better they wouldn't be on sales.

Just keep playing! Have fun!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2009, 07:01:17 AM »
O, easy... wala naman akong sinasabing ganyan, eh.

But as to the point raised, why as a matter of fact, I have tried playing through a raon strat and a karaoke amp. I still sounded like myself (... like sh_t).  :-D

Aya, My apologies if you did not say something like that... The question was meant for Jimy James.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »
Oh my. I feel sorry for Donard.

On a simple issue of stompbox dissing, we have escalated into talking about expensive stuff is better than cheap stuff.

It's the same pattern again. The same person starts by innocently stating a valid point but always adds that "I have very expensive stuff". He was once banned before.

To the young ones in Philmusic, this guy has a reputation. He proclaims that he sticks by his principles. But if his principles are angled differently, that doesn't mean this they are noble all the time. Money does not equal tone. If it does, then the actress who is sharing a bed with a former telecommunications company owner would play better than Andy Timmons.

Donard, when it comes to effects, there are no "right" or "wrong" answers. Just look at Angus Young's rig compared to The Edge. The latter's rig is more complex than a space shuttle cockpit. But neither puts the other down. Their "playing" proves it.

OT - If Aya Y sounded like sh_t, then I play like a septic tank.... :lol:

The point I was trying to make is that even though I have expensive gear, if it does not get used or is NOT even important in any way to Donard, it is useless.  And that applies to his friend with a multi-fx unit because I can cream any multi-fx unit with what I have.  So, it ain't a matter of dealing with people but rather using what you have.  I highlighted the point of my effects being more expensive so that Mr. Multi-Fx cannot brag about his multi-fx unit.  When it comes to effects -- there ARE right and wrong answers and I again I can prove it. Angus Young's set up may look deceptively simple but are super tweaked and super picked from the guitar (mostly hand picked vintage SGs), to the amp (handpicked vintage marshalls which are maintained by the Wizard Amp Guy -- Rick St. Pierre, I think), to the vintage cabinets  and even to the NOS power tubes.  I doubt that anybody on our level can get and AFFORD the same set up.  On the other hand, the Edge uses some of the best delays and rack equipment in addition to several vintage guitars and select vintage Vox AC30s which may I point out nobody here in the Philippines can also set up. 

And on any given day the real good expensive gear just gives better tone.  I can prove it with all other factors being equal.  Time and time again I have proven to myself and others that the key to good and great sounding equipment is money.  But I have never ever said that money is the key to better or great playing.  Just a caveat and caution: there are also bad sounding expensive equipment but the really good sounding expensive just creams the cheaper stuff.

Offline donard

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
guys easy lang po tayo ha...

sa lahat maraming salamat po sa comments nyo

i've made this thread para makita ko kung tama yung mga sinabi ko sa kanya nung sinabi nya sakin yun hehehe and salamat guys dahil 100% ng pinaglalaban ko ay ang dahilan nyo din hehe

di ko kelangang pakipagsabayan sa kanya ang pedalboard ko dahil alam ko naman which is the better one hehe

im so inspired in your words and comments

lalo na yung hindi gears ang key kundi better playing

hehe salamat sa comments peace and let our tone speaks!!

salamat mga bro

hehe anyway im not affected to the words thrown by my hater hehe salamat sa inyo

lol @ TS you'll know you're right when your hater starts buying pedals...

sir nasa classifieds na yung gamit nya.lahat ng pedals

nung nagcomment ako pinaclose na nya kinabukasan hehe

thanks peace and rock en roll

Ibanez RG321MH RB, Artec GIOVANNI Custom Humbucker GCH2 Bridge and Neck,Ibanez WD7, Fulltone OCD V4, Boss CE2, Boss HR2, EHX Holystain,MI Audio Crunchbox, Boss RV3, Unoh PSU, Dunlop Jazz III

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,220146.0.html

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
basta sa huli dapat bati tayong lahat :lol:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »
The point I was trying to make is that even though I have expensive gear, if it does not get used or is NOT even important in any way to Donard, it is useless.  And that applies to his friend with a multi-fx unit because I can cream any multi-fx unit with what I have.  So, it ain't a matter of dealing with people but rather using what you have.  I highlighted the point of my effects being more expensive so that Mr. Multi-Fx cannot brag about his multi-fx unit.  When it comes to effects -- there ARE right and wrong answers and I again I can prove it. Angus Young's set up may look deceptively simple but are super tweaked and super picked from the guitar (mostly hand picked vintage SGs), to the amp (handpicked vintage marshalls which are maintained by the Wizard Amp Guy -- Rick St. Pierre, I think), to the vintage cabinets  and even to the NOS power tubes.  I doubt that anybody on our level can get and AFFORD the same set up.  On the other hand, the Edge uses some of the best delays and rack equipment in addition to several vintage guitars and select vintage Vox AC30s which may I point out nobody here in the Philippines can also set up. 

And on any given day the real good expensive gear just gives better tone.  I can prove it with all other factors being equal.  Time and time again I have proven to myself and others that the key to good and great sounding equipment is money.  But I have never ever said that money is the key to better or great playing.  Just a caveat and caution: there are also bad sounding expensive equipment but the really good sounding expensive just creams the cheaper stuff.

Dude,

You are certainly a contradiction. First you say that money is not the key but "And on any given day the real good expensive gear just gives better tone.  I can prove it with all other factors being equal.". - Expensive gear = tone.

Apparently you have erased this post:

Quote from: firemodel55 on August 14, 2009, 10:41:30 AM
Donard,

I would say: "Less is More".

But seriously, don't get bothered.  I have more boutique stuff than  you and probably have pedals that alone are the price of your (this of course is referring to the TS, not the multi-fx guy) whole setup and pedals that will beat the crap out of multi FX units but I DON'T GET TO USE them.  Just too many stuff around.  And worse, these things need severe matching to really get the best out of them.

So unless he is using an AXE FX pedal board, tell him he uses crap and if he asks who says his stuff his crap, refer him to me.

Ummm... Yes, you do have more boutique than I have pedals. (I actually only have 2). You never actually say "I am richer than you, so that means your gear sounds like crap. And you did say crap twice in the preceding quote.

Going to the Angus vs. Edge, we are talking about "effects" not amps. I didn't even talk about skill. Just "effects" or "stompboxes". Angus has no stompboxes while Edge's stompboxes came from the Le Cirque restaurant.

Mr. OASGomez-is-banned: You did this 3 years ago when I first became a member of Philmusic. And now, you are still doing it under a different name.
Dean of a law school

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:47:17 PM by arkeetar »

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
Sheesh.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »
For all we know, ang context pala ay "Stomps have been around mula pa nung panahon ni kopong kopong" ..which is true. hehehe..
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2009, 07:14:43 PM »

kopong kopong is in! di ba boutique pedals are usually vintage clones  :lol:

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
basta ang mahalaga e yung importante  :wink: may mga tao dito sa gc di na nasawa sa debate.  haaaaayyy...  :lol:

Pulling Teeth!

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »
Just to clarify, although my profession is about debate, when it comes to this forum, I am not incline to do that. But I just can't sit around and let the argument that "money is always better" pass.

And no, I have not eaten at Le Cirque. Ok na ako sa IHOP. 
Dean of a law school

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
and here we go again... :-D

william251082

« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
You don't need too much money to sound good.

Check out Ulf Wakenius. He gets a great sound out of what is apparently a $200 LP copy. He has "better" guitars but always plays the same one just because he likes it.

As seen in this video:
feature=PlayList&p=23866DF5ACE556B9&index=0

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:49 PM »
baket ka magiging affected kung yan namang set-up mo nakakapag bigay sayo nang sound na gusto mo?

a straight jab right in the face would do fine if ever he still insists na panget setup mo at masyadong according to him, "dry".

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »
Why should you care what anyone says if you know it ain't true? There will always be a few people who talk sh_t about anything. Why should you care?

Opinions are like a__holes. Everyone's got one.

Tone is in the kopong.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2009, 02:11:56 AM »
And no, I have not eaten at Le Cirque. Ok na ako sa IHOP. 

true, different strokes for different folks and there is nothing wrong with that.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »
Don't mind it bro...as long as it's not affecting your tone you are aiming for.. :lol:
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous