hulika

Author Topic: how can you deal with the people insulting your pedalboard???  (Read 22257 times)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: how can you deal with the people insulting your pedalboard???
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »
Donard,

I would say: "Less is More". 

But seriously, don't get bothered.  I have more boutique stuff than  you and probably have pedals that alone are the price of your whole setup and pedals that will beat the crap out of multi FX units but I DON'T GET TO USE them.  Just too many stuff around.  And worse, these things need severe matching to really get the best out of them.

So unless he is using an AXE FX pedal board, tell him he uses crap and if he asks who says his stuff his crap, refer him to me.

hehe   :lol:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2009, 01:28:18 PM »
well siguro just buy a delay pedal, or a reverb pedal para add lang sa tone mo. other than that, yeah less is better. ako ano lang eh, wah > hm100 > eq>100 g2.1u (for delay lang and volume pedal) aus nako dun, solve na!

all are bamf modded..

plus, kung "dry" daw ang tone mo, daanin mo nalang sa paggitara.

naalala ko lang, sa ibang paul gilbert tutorials, d siya nagamit ng effects, puro soft distortion lang to differentiate lang sa clean tone, i can say that its "dry" for my taste, pero wat da hel, he plays awesome so i dont care about his tone sa particular tutorial na un.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
Donard,

I would say: "Less is More". 

But seriously, don't get bothered.  I have more boutique stuff than  you and probably have pedals that alone are the price of your whole setup and pedals that will beat the crap out of multi FX units but I DON'T GET TO USE them.  Just too many stuff around.  And worse, these things need severe matching to really get the best out of them.

So unless he is using an AXE FX pedal board, tell him he uses crap and if he asks who says his stuff his crap, refer him to me.

youch:) i kinda feel sorry for the hater now.

i agree that less is more but wouldn't your point be better pressed if you just played better than the guy? any tool can buy gear but unless you know how to use the stuff and play a tight set, one would be hardpressed to silence a hater who talks smack about something as secondary to playing ability as the contents of one's pedalboard. maybe the kid is working with a budget? sometimes you can't just understand haters.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline dirt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »
and the truth shall set you free.

pero sa mga dentista: The "tooth" shall set you free. I promise to pull the whole tooth & nothing but the tooth...

ko ba ang hanap nyo? ilang ngipin ba? hehehehe!

:-D
YEAH I WANNA PLAY GUITAR EVERYDAY!!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »
youch:) i kinda feel sorry for the hater now.

i agree that less is more but wouldn't your point be better pressed if you just played better than the guy? any tool can buy gear but unless you know how to use the stuff and play a tight set, one would be hardpressed to silence a hater who talks smack about something as secondary to playing ability as the contents of one's pedalboard. maybe the kid is working with a budget? sometimes you can't just understand haters.

+ 1000.

even if you've got a top of the line Suhr, expensive boutique pedals & high end NYC tube amps, that doesn't mean you play or sound better. a blind gtr player @ the MRT station in Quezon Blvd can play like Joe Pass & throws in some SRV licks using a Raon Strat w/ a crappy Karaoke for an amp.

as Steve Lukather puts it... It's not in the gear, it's the cat. It's the soul.

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »
this is what you should do to him

hahaha! The tone is in your hand already. Remember that. :lol:
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
+ 1000.

even if you've got a top of the line Suhr, expensive boutique pedals & high end NYC tube amps, that doesn't mean you play or sound better. a blind gtr player @ the MRT station in Quezon Blvd can play like Joe Pass & throws in some SRV licks using a Raon Strat w/ a crappy Karaoke for an amp.

ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
Ito sabihin mo:

"Minamaliit mo gear ko? Sayo puro boutique? Bakit, nakalabas na ba ng kuwarto mo yung mga boutique pedals at yang Gibson mo?"

Pero mas maganda siguro kung iwasan mo nalang. Flash them your pearly whites nalang. Haha.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:32:59 PM by riffscreamer »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »
+ 1000.

I would definitely sound better but he might play better but I definitely also got SOME soul. Kung ganoon lang pala ang sekreto, bakit hindi ka naka Raon Strat with a crappy Karaoke amp?  You have to learn to separate playing from gear from soul.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:05:45 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline electricon27

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2009, 06:01:22 AM »
 :wink:   DUDE, im one of those kopong kopong guys who is hoping to achieve  analog sound .im a newbie in this site but i've been playing since the 1990's.. depende talaga sa pandinig ng guitarista on what to use.. but i prefer analogs. in fact , i tebd to combine my zoom g1x with boss stomp boxes(e.g. ds1, chorus, etc)  to achieve warm tones and riffs.. rock on  pre!
LETS RAWK!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 09:19:03 AM »
I would definitely sound better but he might play better but I definitely also got SOME soul. Kung ganoon lang pala ang sekreto, bakit hindi ka naka Raon Strat with a crappy Karaoke amp?  You have to learn to separate playing from gear from soul.

but I definitely also got SOME soul. really? boss jim says you ain't got one

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »

Kung ganoon lang pala ang sekreto, bakit hindi ka naka Raon Strat with a crappy Karaoke amp? 

aya Y. says your gear may be compared to a Ferrari, but you're a 10yr old kid to drive that.

Offline pangalan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »
if someone's insulting my gears... i'd tell him to f*ck off... ganon lang yun.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
Kung ganoon lang pala ang sekreto, bakit hindi ka naka Raon Strat with a crappy Karaoke amp? 

aya Y. says your gear may be compared to a Ferrari, but you're a 10yr old kid to drive that.

Aya hasn't tried my gear so he should keep his opinion to himself.  Magaling naman talaga kayo sa statement pero hindi niyo pa nasusubukan.  And lets stick to the point, BAKIT HINDI KA GUMAGAMIT NG RAON STRAT AT CRAPPY KARAOKE AMP?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »
but I definitely also got SOME soul. really? boss jim says you ain't got one

I do not know Boss Jimmy personally that well. At best I have seen him and has been introduced to me once.  I really don't know if that is his opinion of me with regards to my personality or of my playing but I do not think you are in position to use other people's opinions to judge whether I have soul or not either in my playing or my person.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
if someone's insulting my gears... i'd tell him to f*ck off... ganon lang yun.

if someone insults your gear bro, he should think twice. hahaha..

@jimy james, why are you using other people's names to bash firemodel? He does have a point.

Guys, Please dont turn this into another tone is in the fingers thread. madala naman kayo. Good gear wont compensate for bad playing, but good playing wont compensate for bad gear either. Why would you want to listen to a can of bees even they hit the right notes?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:20:14 PM by boogsy »
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
basta si deltaslim may bagong nomad!  :-o :-o :-o
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »
Aya hasn't tried my gear so he should keep his opinion to himself.  Magaling naman talaga kayo sa statement pero hindi niyo pa nasusubukan.  And lets stick to the point, BAKIT HINDI KA GUMAGAMIT NG RAON STRAT AT CRAPPY KARAOKE AMP?

eto lang naman kasi Strat ko, at Crappy amp...

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »
here goes..

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »
if someone insults your gear bro, he should think twice. hahaha..

@jimy james, why are you using other people's names to bash firemodel? He does have a point.

He does have a lot of nemesis here... I don't need to mention each & everyone...i'm just quoting some of them :-D

boss jim even said that he'll ban alex permanently if he continues to torment other members w/ his obnoxious posts & arrogance...

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »
He does have a lot of nemesis here... I don't need to mention each & everyone...i'm just quoting some of them :-D

boss jim even said that he'll ban alex permanently if he continues to torment other members w/ his obnoxious posts & arrogance...

We all know he does.. but.. honestly napapansin ko a lot of the comments he gets are uncalled for also.. We could all get along, just dont take things personally nalang. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:59:39 PM by boogsy »

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
We all know he does.. but.. honestly napapansin ko a lot of the comments he gets are uncalled for also.. We could all get along, just dont take things personally nalang. :)

Copy that bro! Peace, Love & Rockenrowl :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:34:55 PM by jimy james »

william251082

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
In my case, I'm just having fun trying to find the sound that I like and challenging myself to play well.

Finding your sound and trying to play well never ends, that makes it fun and exciting.

I feel pity for those people who think they're already so great, cause that means there's no challege for them anymore.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2009, 02:07:09 AM »
eto lang naman kasi Strat ko, at Crappy amp...

I have to agree with you that its crappy.  I concede that you are a better player than me.

Offline Jejan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2009, 02:14:46 AM »
Hmm. So what if he insulted your pedalboard? Kung hindi yan ang tunog na gusto niya, eh wala na siyang magagawa dun. Pero kung comfortable ka sa tunog ng pboard mo, then stick with it.

Ako sobrang simple lang ng set-up ko. EQ lang ang katapat! Hahaha!