hulika

Author Topic: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far  (Read 38247 times)

Offline markflo

Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2006, 04:00:48 AM »
ok...whatever man...

anyway...

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Quote from: skunkyfunk
Quote from: markflo
uuuuy! mukhang may showdown ala crossroads ah! ayos yan! paki video naman! game game game! seryoso! astig yan! ag3nt and his rig vs oas and his rig!

That film had flawed philosophies...  Eugene was finding his soul through the blues and eventually won the showdown using neoclassical chops?  Jack Butler, his opponent, was no bluesman to begin with.  :?:

I like the film simply because Vai was in the cast.  Otherwise,  it could have been another karate kid stint... with a guitar...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2006, 04:14:26 AM »
langya ang mahal naman nga mga kableng ginagamit nyo.. ako yung mga kableng ginagamit ko ako lang gumagawa hehehe... tanung ko lang bat ganyang kamahal yang mga kableng yan anu lifespan ng Kableng yan???...panu kung magalaw ka sa gig and naaapakpakan mo mo cya masasabi mo bang must have yan??.....
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2006, 04:21:08 AM »
Quote from: plugzzzz
langya ang mahal naman nga mga kableng ginagamit nyo.. ako yung mga kableng ginagamit ko ako lang gumagawa hehehe... tanung ko lang bat ganyang kamahal yang mga kableng yan anu lifespan ng Kableng yan???...panu kung magalaw ka sa gig and naaapakpakan mo mo cya masasabi mo bang must have yan??.....

If it is that expensive, I assume it is meant to have lifetime warranty.  I think it should withstand being trampled on and being pulled everywhere in the place.  Ang di ko lang alam kung applicable ang warranty pag ginamit pangbigti.   :lol:

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2006, 07:10:24 AM »
perfect cable perfect suicide.

how about a $100,000,000 coffin?
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2006, 07:35:33 AM »

If it is that expensive, I assume it is meant to have lifetime warranty.  I think it should withstand being trampled on and being pulled everywhere in the place.  Ang di ko lang alam kung applicable ang warranty pag ginamit pangbigti.   :lol:

nakupo, kung ganyan kamahal ang cable ko, hindi ko yan ilalapag sa sahig kapag gig!!! (teka, iniisip ko pa kung saan ko sya ilalagay kung di sa sahig..)
yung cable ko ren ako ang gumawa. 5-meter Klotz La Grange tapos gold-plated connectors na 200 pesos each (sa Raon ko nabili).
kung may pera siguro ako Monster bibilhin ko. meron silang mga specific cables depende sa kind ng music na tutugtugin mo? check nyo, http://www.monstercable.com/pro_audio/instrument_cables.asp
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »

With that amount of price tag, may warranty din ba against theft? Marami na akong cable na napitik during gigs or sometimes nakalimutan kong iligpit. Kung bibili ako nyan at mawawala ko lang, eh, sayang ang pera, di ba?

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
kawal, may pic ka nung gold-plated connectors?

i agree with kulas.  may  gear-head at may musician.  ako personally, when i try new gear, hindi lang tone ang main consideration ko, just like what kuya delta said.  pati yung convenience niya na mabibigay. if i had a choice, i won't use drive pedals at all... pero hassle magdala ng amp everytime sa gig... same with cables, sa live setting, lahat ng torture na maiisip mo manyari sa kordon mo, pede manyari.  kaya parang dapat halos 'military-grade' yung gamit mo hehe.... so ok na yung neutrik plugs and the klotz cables... sa studio, if i had that option George Ls or yung 2 Rock cable na sinasabi ni Alex...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Deltaslim,

No offense but dont take this personally.  I noticed that even though you claim to be pareto in your purchase of equipment, you have not actually kept anything for a long time in my personal observation except for your Thinline Tele which you tried to sell at one point in time.  Boss kung talagang pareto ko bakit nagHUM ang tele mo na kay lakas sa MAGNET?  Napansin ko rin na dating Jeckyl & Hyde ka pero recently naka TIM ka at Fulldrive 2 10th Anniversary.  You also bought a POD pero I dont see you using it.  So, I assume that you got rid of it. Also, dati mayroon kang Bassman na pinalitan mo ng THD Univalve na napalitan mo na ng Trademark 60.  Also, ang daming dumaan na rin na gitara sa iyo.  If you truly concentrate on that 20% that brings in that 80%, what was that magical 20% for you?  I am just taking a guess baka nga ang Thinline Tele mo iyon.

Dude, I applied Pareto principle to the issue on continuously improving tone, in this case w/ cables. Now you are making a fallacy of overgeneralization by applying it to all gear-buying decisions, hum(?!), etc.

Pls reread previous post(s), I already said in a previous thread that it's all in the spirit of reseach... you of all people should understand.  Pero ako, I try all kinds of stuff, not always for upgrade. But I have a self-imposed policy to minimize the amount of gear I maintain at any one time (for eg, one of each type of gtr lang and no more). And in order to afford trying out new stuff, I have to raise funds for it. Unlike you, I have to sell gear to make way for new stuff to try.  The ones I'm pretty much happy with at the time stays with me. But if they have to go, they go. They're just tools.  I don't know if these points makes sense to you cuz we all have our own individual value system.

Re Thinline/hum, in case you didn't know, P90s create a lot of noise/hum by themselves. If you use an OD + booster and compressor with it (which I did at the Magnet gig), the hum is exacerbated. But now I've been advised by P90s experts that there's an issue w/ the wiring/shielding, not the pu itself.  Oh well, I'm sorry that the hum spoiled your enjoyment of the gig. Although other people heard the hum like you did, they paid more attention to the music. (Maybe the compliments we got meant that the last 20% of tone didn't matter to them too? :-) )

Teka teka...  how come you know so much about my gear and what I do with them when in fact I don't talk to you personally about my stuff? And why would you care??  Wow - I'm flattered!  LOL! :-)

Anyway, I'm done here... I've overextended my welcome on this thread, boring the hell out of people that they start complaining na.. LOL!  

Peace,
- Joric

PS - If you had gone to the blues jam at Conspiracy last Apr 20, you would have understood what this guitar and music thing was all about.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »
Machine_Head,

You can pass by Arie's house on Friday paghatid ni Lito ng Diezel Herbert na converted na sa 220 volts.  Nandoon ang amp and cabinet, plus the Two Rock.  Bring your guitar and try it out.  Check out Arie at www.guitarhospital.net.

Thank you for the invitation sir. Are you gonna be there?

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »
Sir Delta, my guitar is equiped with P90s and i dont notice any hum at all... Stock P90s ba nasa Thinline mo?

Regarding cables naman, i notice that cables do make a difference. Ive tried bad cables and ive tried relatively better cables and there are subtle differences. I havent tried really good cables yet so i dunno how much difference they make. Btw, the cables i have right now are custom made in raon. Well shielded cya and the jacks are super heavy duty. It cost around 300 bucks for the 6m. Di cya sobrang sakit pag nawala.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:59 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
P90s create a lot of noise/hum by themselves. If you use an OD + booster and compressor with it (which I did at the Magnet gig), the hum is exacerbated. But now I've been advised by P90s experts that there's an issue w/ the wiring/shielding, not the pu itself.  Oh well, I'm sorry that the hum spoiled your enjoyment of the gig. Although other people heard the hum like you did, they paid more attention to the music. (Maybe the compliments we got meant that the last 20% of tone didn't matter to them too? :-) )

Here's a P90 without the traditional hum.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline bunny rabbit

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »
OT: I'm just a newbie and you guys made me believe that cables do make a difference. Now, which brand of cables would you recommend for a college student like me? Are those cables made in Raon any good? Are they tough enough for rugged use? Thanks! Peace!
girls like guys with fast fingers...

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2006, 04:19:34 AM »
Quote from: bunny rabbit
OT: I'm just a newbie and you guys made me believe that cables do make a difference. Now, which brand of cables would you recommend for a college student like me? Are those cables made in Raon any good? Are they tough enough for rugged use? Thanks! Peace!

The biggest scams are found in Raon. :D

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2006, 06:58:45 AM »
tele-tubby, marami sa raon mga gold-plated na contact-connectors. meron pa ngang mga 24k eh, US-made, around 300+ ang isa. meron silang instrument cable, 250-300 per meter. di ko na alam kung anong tawag sa alloy ng wire pero sobrang high-end yung brand nya. imagine, mas mahal pa sya sa klotz La Grange.

skunkyfunk, true, maraming scam sa raon. but i think they also got the best audio-electricians and other hard-to-find audio-electronic parts in town. kung susuyurin mo ang raon, makakakita ka pa nga doon ng nagbebenta ng JJ at EH tubes eh. pwede ka nga doon magpa-custom-made ng tube amp eh. nakakalungkot na may ganong misconceptions sa raon, pero sa totoo lang, mas gusto kong mamasyal doon kesa sa mall. :D
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2006, 07:24:52 AM »
SKUNKYFUNK hahahaha mas maganda kung babalatan yung cable at isasabit sa leeg then isasaksak sa outlet hehehe. mukhang nde na covered ng warranty yan kasi me dugo na o laway pagkatapos gamiting pambikti  :lol:
Music is art in sound...

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2006, 07:24:58 AM »
SKUNKYFUNK hahahaha mas maganda kung babalatan yung cable at isasabit sa leeg then isasaksak sa outlet hehehe. mukhang nde na covered ng warranty yan kasi me dugo na o laway pagkatapos gamiting pambikti  :lol:
Music is art in sound...

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
it has been entertaning reading this thread or any thread taht would relate to oasgomez. Now all i want is to go with machine head and try the amps with him. I just want to experience using a good amp. My amp is a matrix amp i bought in JB 7 years ago, by bassist used it for a year and the HI input is broken coz i was using an el cheapo cable when i was in high school and the tip got stuck in the hole of the amp now im using the low input. Now what am i saying? All of you are correct, cables, guitar, effects even picks can and will affect the tone our lovely instrument but simply not reasonable nor practical to purchase a cable as expensive as that. But hey thats just my 20 cents worth. If you have money lying around go ahead and spend it. As an ending note to oasgomez, when can I and mahine head go to ARie's house so we can try out the amps??? im serious. i also need to go to aries place to get my guitar buzz fixed.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2006, 11:00:33 PM »
Vaisteen & Machinehead,

Hindi pa nadala ni lito.  I might drop by on May 1 kay Arie -- around afternoon.  You can try out the Herbert along with the Two Rock cable.  Bring your guitar, I always recommend that, so you get to know how it sounds with what you are familiar with.

For the rest of the thread readers who have no idea what a Two Rock sounds like, reliability is no better or worse than your ordinary cables.  Its stiff enough and looks rugged enough but not as retro looking as telephone corded wire.  So a great lot of you have dismissed the cable as part of the 80% needed to get that 20% but you guys have not tried it.  I have heard everything from pareto, to not my budget, to my experience with... but almost 90% of  you have not even told me or expressed interest to hear it.  Ang dami niyo nasabi except describe what it sounds like.  By the way, most of you guys have pedals or have spent on pedals worth more than P6,000 yet you guys dismiss cables because you are used to buying cables less than P1,000?  Again let me say this about Two Rock and this is not the be all and end all cable for me, but at this point in time of those I have tried, this cable improves your sound in a way that no pedal on earth can; whether you like it or not the challenge is for you to find out yourself if you sound better on it.  I dont simply care about you guys because I own the cable and am enjoying it and not licking my wounds.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2006, 11:41:05 PM »
for someone who doesn't care about the rest of us, you sure do post a lot. not that i'm telling you to shut it. :mrgreen:

as for your tall claims with your beloved cable... well, that's nice. i'm sure you're really really happy with it.

in a way i feel lucky i'm not blessed (or cursed) with such golden ears like you. at least i don't need to spend a lot of money just to make a G chord sound heavenly for them.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »

Well, kung lifetime warranty tapos ginamit pangbigti ng original owner at namatay siya, wala nang warranty dahil guaranteed lang for the lifetime of the original owner.  8)

Kung hindi siya namatay tapos hindi na functional yung kable niya, wala na rin siyang claim dahil usually, "lifetime warranty does not apply to failure of the product resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, incorrect environments or wear from ordinary use."  8)

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2006, 06:41:04 AM »
Al,

They are NOT tall claims. Narinig mo na ba?

I do NOT have golden ears.  Even anybody can hear the difference pati listener.

In a way, I feel luckier because I am blessed (or cursed) because I have a more open mind and I have more exposure to high end stuff which for me means unending GAS because the high end stuff continues to prove that they can deliver way more than the average stuff.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2006, 07:10:13 AM »
Al,

They are NOT tall claims. Narinig mo na ba?

I do NOT have golden ears.  Even anybody can hear the difference pati listener.

In a way, I feel luckier because I am blessed (or cursed) because I have a more open mind and I have more exposure to high end stuff which for me means unending GAS because the high end stuff continues to prove that they can deliver way more than the average stuff.

so you're saying because our pockets are not as deep as yours that we don't have open minds?

just becuz you can afford it, it doesnt make you any more open minded than us..

Offline markflo

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »
let's just all drop some acid and "open our minds" a little more...

"how i wish....how i wish you were here... we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year......."

tama ba lyrics?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2006, 07:30:21 AM »
sounds right... the acid isnt helping yet..

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2006, 07:39:47 AM »
Jack in a Vox,

No.  I used the word "AND" not "BECAUSE".  I have never said an open mind requires more money.  I just stated something in response to Al's sarcastic statement to me.  I specifically addressed to him that I am more open minded than him and more exposed than him.  Now if that applies to you personally, I don't know and I never claimed it against you.