hulika

Author Topic: What matters more? where its made? or who made them?  (Read 8959 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What matters more? where its made? or who made them?
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 01:16:08 AM »

dude. where did you get that?  that's a gazzzzillion mega facepalms. it's so epic.

thread - um. who made them?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 01:21:22 AM »
dude. where did you get that?  that's a gazzzzillion mega facepalms. it's so epic.

thread - um. who made them?
its been on my photobucket since last year,can't remember which forum i got it.

4chan has a lot of fail gif
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »
here we go again :(

I would like to quote myself, being the first to post on this thread. Here we go again.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:58 AM »
I would like to quote myself, being the first to post on this thread. Here we go again.

hah! you know the other constant other than death are arguments like these. but...i do find lots of folks get hung up over brand names without even giving the instrument a try.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 02:29:13 AM »
What colonial mentality are we talking about? - he explained it and you have it yourself. "Nothing made right NOW in China can rival or even be close to the u.s.a guitars"

Honestly, I dont understand how everything Firemodel posts is interpreted as an attack.

To the above statement, I don't think that's colonial mentality. He didnt say all U.S.A guitars, he was referring to his own guitars. It was also made clear that there are many US made guitars that do not deliver. I myself have been disappointed by a few Gibsons I have tried, including one historic 335. I agree with everything abyss said, this has nothing to do with colonial mentality.

I do agree with brand equity playing a vital role in guitar pricing. I think the example of a bad sounding Fender Custom Shop compared to a more expensive Suhr is not entirely appropriate because it is still a relatively expensive guitar. This would imply that the Fender CS is priced the way it is because it is, well, a Fender Custom Shop. Unless of course, it still sounds better than everything else below it's price range.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 02:35:09 AM »
hah! you know the other constant other than death are arguments like these. but...i do find lots of folks get hung up over brand names without even giving the instrument a try.

then I guess saying "why bother arguing when it'll never end?" would be like saying "why bother living if were gonna die anyway?", right? hehehe

Offline toybitz

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 02:56:24 AM »
Huwaw, labo... naunahan ako.  :lol:

always in my mind na yan master eh.

..nagaabang na lang ako parati ng opportunity na ihirit agad!  

It has becam may layp!  lol:
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 02:58:22 AM »
nagugutom ako boss toybitz. :(

Offline toybitz

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2009, 03:10:37 AM »
nagugutom ako boss toybitz. :(

ako din eh, napakain ako uli ng kare kara ngayon lang..hindi ko matiis.

para akong sira na gusto ko magdiet tapos tinutukso ko din sarili sa paglagay ng pagkain sa avatar.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2009, 05:11:24 AM »
Honestly, I dont understand how everything Firemodel posts is interpreted as an attack.

To the above statement, I don't think that's colonial mentality. He didnt say all U.S.A guitars, he was referring to his own guitars. It was also made clear that there are many US made guitars that do not deliver. I myself have been disappointed by a few Gibsons I have tried, including one historic 335. I agree with everything abyss said, this has nothing to do with colonial mentality.

I do agree with brand equity playing a vital role in guitar pricing. I think the example of a bad sounding Fender Custom Shop compared to a more expensive Suhr is not entirely appropriate because it is still a relatively expensive guitar. This would imply that the Fender CS is priced the way it is because it is, well, a Fender Custom Shop. Unless of course, it still sounds better than everything else below it's price range.

Sir, I am pointing out the form of the post of our learned friend. His posts are not always an attack but his first one here was. His has his opinion and you do yours.

But if you were to re-read yours reacting to mine compared to his "reacting" to Erniebongs, you will see the difference. You didn't "question" me. You laid out your thoughts in a respectful manner and supported it with your personal experiences. His didn't have the first characteristic.

I respect and value everyone's opinion as there is no wrong opinion. I wish our friends had the first virtue in posting.

That's all.

Peace to all
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »
i almost,almost believe you till you said the word "magic". Never use the word "magic" when stating facts. Im raising the bull**** flag on you now.

Judging by your post,you buy your stuff cause theyre ZOMG,ITS AMERICANSS!!!

Not because they are Americans -- cliff is an American and Ed is a Vietnamese.  When I asked Cliff Cultreri what makes a great luthier produce a great guitar he said in a nutshell that only God knows.  Its a talent that he cannot explain.  I call that magical.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 05:24:15 AM »
Sir, I am pointing out the form of the post of our learned friend. His posts are not always an attack but his first one here was. His has his opinion and you do yours.

But if you were to re-read yours reacting to mine compared to his "reacting" to Erniebongs, you will see the difference. You didn't "question" me. You laid out your thoughts in a respectful manner and supported it with your personal experiences. His didn't have the first characteristic.

I respect and value everyone's opinion as there is no wrong opinion. I wish our friends had the first virtue in posting.

That's all.

Peace to all

There is NO personal attack.  I was just pointing out that they clarify which USA guitars they were refering to.  And that based on my experience, there are some USA guitars that deliver.  Do you have a USA made guitar?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2009, 06:06:55 AM »
and my opinion is!!!!!!!!

There is NO personal attack.  I was just pointing out that they clarify which USA guitars they were refering to.  And that based on my experience, there are some USA guitars that deliver.  Do you have a USA made guitar?

Oh. And. This.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2009, 07:28:26 AM »

time to sit, eat and relax  :lol:

Offline dirazon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2009, 07:29:04 AM »

Hahaha! Now this is "here we go again."  :lol:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »

I neither confirm nor deny this. May 2010 is still far away. I will make decision on November 30.  :-D

Before everyone gets their popcorn, please explain to me the reason behind the question. I will take it a step further by answering the question already both in the positive and in the negative.

a) If I don't have USA made guitar -

b) If I have a USA made guitar -

Mr. Gomez, please fill in your retort to the two possible answers to the personal question you posed.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
Dapat si Zach ang ipako!!!  Ipako si Zach!  Ipako si Zach!

:D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »
On a more serious note...

Let's talk about Suhr Strats.

And also MIC Strats.

How many Suhr Strats are made in a year?  How much of their raw materials get rejected?

How many MIC Strats are made in a year?  How much of their raw materials get rejected?

Stringent QC and high standards in raw material selection = slower production.  That's why companies that adhere to this business model end up with skyrocketed prices. 

On the contrary, China, although not the best in terms of QC, is the best place for cheap labor.  Sino may sabi na di nila kayang maging ksing galing ng mga onaks sa craftsmanship?  If you built a high end guitar plant in China, you can probably get the same results as if you were getting the same results from a master builder.  It all boils down to production quota.  But then again, I don't think that is a good idea because we have that paradigm that "China" and "quality" don't mix.  So rather go for the numbers when you put your plant in China, and let the end consumer do the sifting.

Another example... where are production Celestions made?  China.  And even collectors agree they have the same quality as the UK-made (amd RP-made) ones.  Perhaps, Celestion just needed to transfer the knowledge perfectly.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »

As a friend of firemodel, the answer to that is... NAKARAMI NA SIYA DATI KAYA DEFENSIVE NA ANG LAHAT SA KANYA. :D

Offline toybitz

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

Stringent QC and high standards in raw material selection = slower production.  That's why companies that adhere to this business model end up with skyrocketed prices. 

Another example... where are production Celestions made?  China.  And even collectors agree they have the same quality as the UK-made (amd RP-made) ones.  Perhaps, Celestion just needed to transfer the knowledge perfectly.

ako taga QC.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »
here we go again...

I'm gonna...

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »

Let's talk about Suhr Strats.

And also MIC Strats.

How many Suhr Strats are made in a year?  How much of their raw materials get rejected?

How many MIC Strats are made in a year?  How much of their raw materials get rejected?

On the contrary, China, although not the best in terms of QC, is the best place for cheap labor.  Sino may sabi na di nila kayang maging ksing galing ng mga onaks sa craftsmanship?  If you built a high end guitar plant in China, you can probably get the same results as if you were getting the same results from a master builder.  It all boils down to production quota.  But then again, I don't think that is a good idea because we have that paradigm that "China" and "quality" don't mix.  So rather go for the numbers when you put your plant in China, and let the end consumer do the sifting.

On that note..

Nikon optics, Nokias, etc are also made in China.. ...but by robots... ...made in japan... hahahaha

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
On that note..

Nikon optics, Nokias, etc are also made in China.. ...but by robots... ...made in japan... hahahaha
dunno about you but my Nikon lenses are made in Japan. got some Zeiss stuff from Nippon as well.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
waw may umiinit na diskusyn nanaman pala dito! matagal ko nang iniwan ang post na ito dahil akala ko nasagot na ang tanong hehehe............... makapagbrowse ng ng pinagsimulan....

basta ako, i crave for korean guitars, next is japan made. why?

for the simple reason that korean guitars now are excellent, and not pricey, will do what i need for a guitar, and satisfy me.

japan naman kasi.... NO NEED TO STATE, we all know why, eventhough they are more expensive than korean ones.

plus, gusto ko mga asian girls specially korean then japs. hehehehe kaya aun.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones